Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 05:56:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will bitcoin go up ?  (Read 3058 times)
Notrem (OP)

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 14, 2011, 07:47:32 AM

Hi there!

I'm wondering if bitcoin will go up ? I bought couple of them on sunday, but they're still going down... ; /

"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
JonathanHiggins

Activity: 76

View Profile
June 14, 2011, 07:50:30 AM

Nothing in is certain in life apart from death and taxation.

......Ive always wanted to say that BTW. Tongue
interfect

Activity: 141
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 14, 2011, 07:59:10 AM

Hi there!

I'm wondering if bitcoin will go up ? I bought couple of them on sunday, but they're still going down... ; /

Yes they will go up to $10,000 tomorrow, and I have a few I'd like to sell you.

Nobody really knows. It kind of depends on whether people with lots of them (yes, I'm going to mention the scary early adopters) decide to sell or not. But in the past couple of days Bitcoin has showed a tendency to recover from dramatic drops in price, due (in my opinion) to slightly-later-adopters' somewhat inexplicable desire to put all their money into it.
unclescrooge
aka Raphy

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 14, 2011, 08:11:41 AM

Hi there!

Bitcoins are to be spent on goods and services Smiley

If you want to speculate, fine, but it's a long term investment, don't think you'll get rich by tomorrow. And if you really want bitcoin value to go up, spend and invest in its economy Smiley
jashan

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2011, 08:26:22 AM

They will very likely go up longterm - unless people keep on speculating and try to make some bucks quickly. Problem with too many people speculating too wildly is that the volatility might drive away vendors trying to implement Bitcoin as a payment method in their shops. A payment method of which the value doubles / halves within one day simply isn't useful. And when those people are scared away, Bitcoins will go down severely because a payment method you can't use for paying isn't really useful to anybody. People actually implementing Bitcoin as a payment method is what the Bitcoin economy really needs, so if you want Bitcoins to go up - do your best to make those people feel comfortable.

Hopefully, a lot of people trying to make money quickly by speculating with Bitcoins lost a lot of money in the last couple of days and disappear for good. No one's gonna miss them. They're not needed for the Bitcoin economy at all. Actually, those people are a burden to the Bitcoin economy.

So, my hope is that some early adopters selling some of their Bitcoins regulated the Bitcoin economy by shocking some of the greedy folks trying to turn Bitcoins into tulips.

If you want Bitcoins to go up: Support the economy instead of speculating on the commodity.
unclescrooge
aka Raphy

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 14, 2011, 08:57:28 AM

They will very likely go up longterm - unless people keep on speculating and try to make some bucks quickly. Problem with too many people speculating too wildly is that the volatility might drive away vendors trying to implement Bitcoin as a payment method in their shops. A payment method of which the value doubles / halves within one day simply isn't useful. And when those people are scared away, Bitcoins will go down severely because a payment method you can't use for paying isn't really useful to anybody. People actually implementing Bitcoin as a payment method is what the Bitcoin economy really needs, so if you want Bitcoins to go up - do your best to make those people feel comfortable.

Hopefully, a lot of people trying to make money quickly by speculating with Bitcoins lost a lot of money in the last couple of days and disappear for good. No one's gonna miss them. They're not needed for the Bitcoin economy at all. Actually, those people are a burden to the Bitcoin economy.

So, my hope is that some early adopters selling some of their Bitcoins regulated the Bitcoin economy by shocking some of the greedy folks trying to turn Bitcoins into tulips.

If you want Bitcoins to go up: Support the economy instead of speculating on the commodity.

True that
wegotpickles

Activity: 49

View Profile
June 14, 2011, 10:43:58 AM

I'm hoping to see a rise to at least 25 USD after the difficulty rises in the next day or two, although that may be wishful thinking on my part.
Electrongolf

Activity: 139
Merit: 100

What's Your Gig?

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2011, 03:19:45 AM

Bitcoins will go up if you spend the ones you have on something. I know it sounds counter-intuitive, as there is an urge to hold them for a quick buck.

However, I wouldn't count on it as an investment, until there is an economy to support it's use. Then, the price will go up.

imperi

Activity: 196
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 15, 2011, 03:53:04 AM

Can we please lock the newbies up again? Threads like these bother me in this section, it's as bad as wading past advertisements.
Vince Torres

Activity: 337
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 15, 2011, 03:56:15 AM

Here's some advice. Buy at 52 hr low sell at high. Simple rules for simple men.

Namecoin.com .bit domain registrar. Register a new .bit domain for just $1!
BTC: 1LpKzg24NHmrxLZbnVphcstV3s7uA8cSnT
LTC: LWHswCFRPouCXTNiT8B9HUVnGrae9eojVg
Terpie

Activity: 174

View Profile
June 15, 2011, 04:01:42 AM

If you think you can actually receive an answer to that question, perhaps bitcoin isn't for you.
kokojie
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 15, 2011, 04:11:03 AM

It'll probably go up very soon. Massive difficulty increase in 48 hours. There are some correlation between difficulty and the value of the coins.

btc: 15sFnThw58hiGHYXyUAasgfauifTEB1ZF6
yeponlyone

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 15, 2011, 04:16:10 AM

the sentence may one day not make sense thanks to bitcoin.  Kiss
DamienBlack

Activity: 56
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 15, 2011, 04:28:43 AM

the sentence may one day not make sense thanks to bitcoin.  Kiss

Because bitcoins will make you immortal, mwahahaha.
ocharry

Activity: 28

View Profile
June 15, 2011, 04:43:52 AM

It looks like we're stabilizing which is a good thing. The Bitcoin economy now needs to start flourishing
imperi

Activity: 196

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 07:21:04 AM

I'm hoping to see a rise to at least 25 USD after the difficulty rises in the next day or two, although that may be wishful thinking on my part.

Definitely not wishful thinking!
Nancarrow

Activity: 492

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 08:14:23 AM

Hi there!

Hi! I'm a time-traveller from the future! It is my considered opinion that you should buy some more. Yes, they'll go up just a notch or two...

God, I hope I've set the right date on my chronometer. Wouldn't that be embarrassing?  Embarrassed

Oh... well, never mind. My advice still stands.

If I've said anything amusing and/or informative and you're feeling generous:
1GNJq39NYtf7cn2QFZZuP5vmC1mTs63rEW
Nancarrow

Activity: 492

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 08:15:28 AM

It looks like we're stabilizing which is a good thing.

Grin

If I've said anything amusing and/or informative and you're feeling generous:
1GNJq39NYtf7cn2QFZZuP5vmC1mTs63rEW
hieroglyph

Activity: 70

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 12:49:15 AM

The price is going to go up when I don't know and there may be a dip but in the long run the price will go up.  There is alot of adoption into bitcoin and I feel it is safe to say this trend will continue in the future.

antimattercrusader

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 03:34:11 AM

Yes.

BTC: 13WYhobWLHRMvBwXGq5ckEuUyuDPgMmHuK
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: