Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 09:04:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ShitStorm has passed] Are you guys ready for the next week?  (Read 3630 times)
WikileaksDude (OP)

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 02:53:40 AM
Last edit: April 11, 2013, 01:20:43 AM by WikileaksDude

I get the feeling that a serious storm is about to hit next week, and the week after.

After all this good/bad press all around bitcoin people are reading etc getting educated about bitcoin... this takes time.

Get your shitstorm helmets on.

----------------------

11 April 2am

Im still here, im taking off my shitstorm helmet tho..

Did everyone survive?
yokosan

Activity: 700

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 04:21:59 AM

Had a permanent shitstorm helmet on since pirate ran off Grin
notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 04:22:42 AM

Had a permanent shitstorm helmet on since pirate ran off Grin

Indeed.

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
dg2010

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 08:00:14 AM

You have a feeling? What are you bloody Mystic Meg?

Crap thread.
rme

Activity: 756
Merit: 504

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 08:06:46 AM

180$ next week
b!z
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 09:12:19 AM

$120 next week
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 11:46:35 AM

$200+ next week

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 11:47:29 AM

Rally isn't stopping anytime soon.
Sage

Activity: 632

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 11:51:28 AM
Last edit: April 05, 2013, 12:44:14 PM by Sage

Yep, a shitstorm is brewing.

Have your accounts funded and ready.  We're about to see volatility like never before.
shamntalk

Activity: 73
Merit: 10

BTC

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 12:31:32 PM

No one has a crystal ball, but volatility is a given for next week. It certainly is fun to speculate, which is what I'm doing below, so please no flames Smiley

First, we saw the value stabilise a bit after a major downturn, for which there still hasn't been any explanations:
- some people say it was the instawallet hack cashing out
- some people say it was goldman sachs or similar giving it a pump/dump trial run
- some say it just 'was'. The confident kind that don't wonder about yesterday's activity on blockchain for example.

But let me tell you that beyond the 'balls of steel' day traders and the 'I'm in it because of the ideology' crowd, the stabilisation had a mental impact. It certainly had on me, and I cashed out like a pussy for fear that in case of a crash, my exchange (which is not mtgox) would default (god knows what they do with their cash).

Second, no one really knows how many early adopters with major wallets are still left in the game, and their behaviour is radically different from the 'new batch' of investors that read about it on CNN and populates the vast majority of the 12K Mtgox waiting queue. These new guys are coming in with dreams of 'BTC rising every day', worry about having 'missed out'. 30% volatility is going to seriously pour water on their fire. It's one thing to have bought at 20 for 500 usd and act like you're a millionaire pro trader, it's another to be john doe pushing 10K USD only to find out it's now worth 7 ten minutes later. It's not for the faint hearted.

Third, and this is just my suggestive opinion, we're fast approaching another hack/ddoss. Now the experts on this forum don't have a problem keeping a cool head when they can't logon their exchange, but trust me the newbies won't be so zen. And when/if the said exchange reopens it's going to be one sweet drop to the bottom panic sell. Wont' be gox though.

Finally, and hopefully I don't need to remind anyone about this, but bitcoinstore announced 500k usd revenue / week, and that's only a quiet hour of trading on gox. Look up 'hyperdeflation'.

So in my view:
- Best case scenarios: the hardcores still control 50% of the coins and keep gunning for that 1k valuation. The speculators are all n00bs who will soak most of the losses, the btc will hold steady after wild ups and downs. I'd like that very much, for the sake of everyone.
- Worst case scenarios: the guys who could cash out for life-changing amounts have all cashed out and bought their mandatory porshe caymans minus a few, who will next week, and we're going to see the influence of pro hedge funds trying to manipulate the market. In turn, it will scare away the n00bs providing support at 130 and it's going to crash right back down to 50.

TL;DR: whatever happens will be defined by whoever is currently supporting that 130's valuation: the new batch who bought at 130, or the long terms players hoping for further profit.
Razick
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 12:54:00 PM

No one has a crystal ball, but volatility is a given for next week. It certainly is fun to speculate, which is what I'm doing below, so please no flames Smiley

First, we saw the value stabilise a bit after a major downturn, for which there still hasn't been any explanations:
- some people say it was the instawallet hack cashing out
- some people say it was goldman sachs or similar giving it a pump/dump trial run
- some say it just 'was'. The confident kind that don't wonder about yesterday's activity on blockchain for example.

But let me tell you that beyond the 'balls of steel' day traders and the 'I'm in it because of the ideology' crowd, the stabilisation had a mental impact. It certainly had on me, and I cashed out like a pussy for fear that in case of a crash, my exchange (which is not mtgox) would default (god knows what they do with their cash).

Second, no one really knows how many early adopters with major wallets are still left in the game, and their behaviour is radically different from the 'new batch' of investors that read about it on CNN and populates the vast majority of the 12K Mtgox waiting queue. These new guys are coming in with dreams of 'BTC rising every day', worry about having 'missed out'. 30% volatility is going to seriously pour water on their fire. It's one thing to have bought at 20 for 500 usd and act like you're a millionaire pro trader, it's another to be john doe pushing 10K USD only to find out it's now worth 7 ten minutes later. It's not for the faint hearted.

Third, and this is just my suggestive opinion, we're fast approaching another hack/ddoss. Now the experts on this forum don't have a problem keeping a cool head when they can't logon their exchange, but trust me the newbies won't be so zen. And when/if the said exchange reopens it's going to be one sweet drop to the bottom panic sell. Wont' be gox though.

Finally, and hopefully I don't need to remind anyone about this, but bitcoinstore announced 500k usd revenue / week, and that's only a quiet hour of trading on gox. Look up 'hyperdeflation'.

So in my view:
- Best case scenarios: the hardcores still control 50% of the coins and keep gunning for that 1k valuation. The speculators are all n00bs who will soak most of the losses, the btc will hold steady after wild ups and downs. I'd like that very much, for the sake of everyone.
- Worst case scenarios: the guys who could cash out for life-changing amounts have all cashed out and bought their mandatory porshe caymans minus a few, who will next week, and we're going to see the influence of pro hedge funds trying to manipulate the market. In turn, it will scare away the n00bs providing support at 130 and it's going to crash right back down to 50.

TL;DR: whatever happens will be defined by whoever is currently supporting that 130's valuation: the new batch who bought at 130, or the long terms players hoping for further profit.

The downturn was caused by a DDOS on MtGox. No offense but it's kind of funny given your post: First, we saw the value stabilise a bit after a major downturn, for which there still hasn't been any explanations: ... we're fast approaching another hack/ddoss  ... Wont' be gox though.  Smiley

ACCOUNT RECOVERED 4/27/2020. Account was previously hacked sometime in 2017. Posts between 12/31/2016 and 4/27/2020 are NOT LEGITIMATE.
Zangelbert Bingledack
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 01:03:29 PM

@shamntalk

How on earth is stabilization scary? I'm genuinely curious.

The reason we went down is because we went up very quickly. The Gox DDoS was just an excuse to cut the rally a bit shorter than it might have gone. The price zigs and zags, almost always. I can't see how this could be surprising. Spend some quality time with the historical charts, use log scale so that recent volatility isn't artificially magnified, and generally don't panic. This is Bitcoin.
ffernandex

Activity: 143
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 01:08:12 PM

If we use some simple technical analysis, I see a nice ascending triangle. If it breaks over $150 it will easily reach $190 very fast.

upload foto

If you like my posts, feel free to donate!
BTC: 1L1S4wG5TNJZSX9VG3vkk2er76YHihz3Kg
BCB
CTG
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

BCJ

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 01:08:59 PM

"Playa"

NOT
Zooey

Activity: 241

Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 01:21:47 PM

✘ www.NOTFORSALECAMPAIGN.org ✘
Human trafficking enslaves 30 million people: Join the movement to re-abolish slavery. | A 05:49s Vimeo |
Jobe7

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

Now they are thinking what to do with me

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 02:00:14 PM

I get the feeling that a serious storm is about to hit next week, and the week after.

After all this good/bad press all around bitcoin people are reading etc getting educated about bitcoin... this takes time.

QFT Wink
nwbitcoin

Activity: 294

You are a geek if you are too early to the party!

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2013, 03:52:39 PM

It might not be Bitcoin that is being targeted with this Ddos attack.

It seems lots of banks are being attacked this week  http://www.securityweek.com/banks-suffer-record-downtime-ddos-attacks-report

So looks like Bitcoin isn't the special princess after all! Wink

*Image Removed*
I use Localbitcoins to sell bitcoins for GBP by bank transfer!
randrace

Activity: 329

LTC -> BTC -> Silver!

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 04:54:36 PM

$175 by 4/12
PachucoBro

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2013, 05:01:04 PM

If we use some simple technical analysis, I see a nice ascending triangle. If it breaks over $150 it will easily reach $190 very fast.

< see chart above >

This is about the best level-headed speculation I have seen on this page of the thread. Solid technical analysis.

If you feel the 'coin is going up now would be the time to grab some though it may take all the way through the weekend to see where it really jumps.
WikileaksDude (OP)

Activity: 490

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 12:02:52 PM

so who was right?
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: