Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 03:48:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Struggling to send bitcoins, android app, noob  (Read 275 times)
P4444 (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 11, 2016, 09:21:03 AM
Last edit: November 11, 2016, 09:31:20 AM by P4444

Hello,

I am trying to send bitcoins from my electrum wallet but it doesn't seem to be working.

After entering details, pressing 'pay' and entering passcode a message appears with an exclamation mark that says signing, shortly followed by a message with a long series of letters and numbers on it. The bit coins are not sending.

Where am I going wrong? When I look at 'history' there is a list of my attempts to send bitcoins, with the most recent ones having a timer next to them the rest having ticks but none have sent the amount I requested; only a very small amount has been debited.

Any help much appreciated!
Patatas
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1115

Providing AI/ChatGpt Services - PM!

View Profile
November 11, 2016, 01:03:13 PM

I am trying to send bitcoins from my electrum wallet but it doesn't seem to be working.
First things first,how have you downloaded your electrum wallet ? APK? Playstore ? With the cesspool of scams lying around,make sure your download is legit.
Verify here : https://download.electrum.org/2.7.12/Electrum-2.7.12.0.apk.asc

After entering details, pressing 'pay' and entering passcode a message appears with an exclamation mark that says signing, shortly followed by a message with a long series of letters and numbers on it. The bit coins are not sending.
Could you please take a screen shot ? I think their android wallet is still in a scrutiny following security bugs.However very difficult to conclude without the screen.Don't hesitate to create an issue here https://github.com/spesmilo/electrum/issues

Where am I going wrong? When I look at 'history' there is a list of my attempts to send bitcoins, with the most recent ones having a timer next to them the rest having ticks but none have sent the amount I requested; only a very small amount has been debited.
Did the transactions fell back into the wallet  or never happened at all ?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: