Bitcoin Forum
July 01, 2024, 08:43:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Pre-Ann] Fund a book on ICO's [Pre-Ann]  (Read 1554 times)
cryptor0th (OP)

Activity: 218
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 11, 2016, 07:02:05 PM
Last edit: November 11, 2016, 08:04:59 PM by cryptor0th

Hey guys,

This post is being written as a result of this thread :
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1530158.msg16802826#msg16802826
If you haven't read it - do take a look.

Now, down to business.

The proposal :

I'd like to write a book on the varying scams and associated stories of the crypto-world with the rise of ICO's over the last few years. This will not be an investigative piece looking toe expose people, nor a critique on the industry, but much rather a tale of how projects evolved, failed and left people holding bags and their related stories for people beyond the eco-system to read. My intention of the project is to document the means through which finance is evolving and the nature of start-ups within the eco-system have drastically changed with the rise of access to cheap and easy capital. The idea is to take the role of a start-up enthusiast that analyses the massive failures we have had and the associated learnings from it. The end objective is to show the larger population the effort that goes into certain projects and the potential they hold. I've shown a certain amount of flair and interest in writing over the past few months - with some of my work here being active engaged with and I believe this should be the next step for me.

The what.

I'd like to raise a total of 15 Bitcoins. (oh crap, a raise for money!)
Well, hear me out.

-All money goes into an escrow account.  None of which I will have access to.
-Money will be released as I pass through the creative process. Benchmarks will be set in regards to word-count, research and work done for release
-My objective is to hit 225k words over a month or roughly about 8000 words a day. On each day I hit the bench mark - 150 USD will be released to me
-On days I don't hit it - none of it is released and it stays in the escrow fund.
-The rights to profits attained - can be shared with those funding the project (although I should research into this)
-Of the 10k raised -5000 will be kept aside purely for marketing the work and spreading word.
-Assuming copies are sold at 10 USD - even hitting 1000 paid customers should help receive the money back.
-My intention of taking this route is to
  a ) Be accountable. Being accountable helps me as a writer be more responsible and hit the target. I've failed to do so earlier
  b) Insulate myself from financial loss. The monetary incentive will help me avoid other projects and focus on this. Additionally days I don't work equate to loss and hence
      additional perk to release
   c) Leverage the power of the tribe  - both in terms of knowledge and in terms of helping me market this project.

Why should you help me do this

-I am willing to use an escrow
-No funds to be released until I meet the set goals
-I wish to tell your stories
-You could earn a part of ownership to the creative work
-The external ecosystem deserves to know the stories that goes on in here
-Helps us create an eco-system that insulates new members from such scams.

Publishing

Completed work will be published to https://kdp.amazon.com/
All sales / Revenue figures will be shared from the dashboard.

When does this begin ?
I'll probably open fund raising over the weekend.

Open to your thoughts / critique.
Do note -this is only a Pre-ANN / early idea I had.
I've made similar proposals in the past - and scrapped them off due to reducing impact.

@Bob Surplus - PLEASE Pm me. I Would love to have a word with you

Thank you.
berron

Activity: 727
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 11, 2016, 07:09:46 PM

First of all, I prefer to fund book writing than other garbage that appears here. But my question is, how can the founders check that you hadn't write 8000 words of shit per day only to get your 150 $? And don't you think 150$/day-->4500$/mount is a quite big salary for a novel writer??
Only my thoughts...
Salute

Have you tried a real DEX??? But a real DEX like this!!!
cryptor0th (OP)

View Profile
November 11, 2016, 07:13:42 PM

First of all, I prefer to fund book writing than other garbage that appears here. But my question is, how can the founders check that you hadn't write 8000 words of shit per day only to get your 150 $? And don't you think 150$/day-->4500$/mount is a quite big salary for a novel writer??
Only my thoughts...
Salute

Hey

1. All work will be available via google docs to anyone backing this
  - Might as well be the only perk they get. They will have the ability to be a part of the creative process and contribute to the book.
  - They will also be able to see / review work done on a daily basis (again through google documents ? )

2. Yes, 150 / day is high. So is a target of 8k words + viable research.
 4500 for a book is normal given the time constraints. When deciding on the figure I did not want it to be too small a figure to make it seem irrelevant to me and at the same time accommodate for the interest of the people backing it.

By no means am I a perfect writer, nor do I have massive expertise in writing long form. I have some articles here and an ardent desire to share stories from the community.
sxafir

Activity: 1022
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 11, 2016, 07:15:48 PM

Can my name and surname will be avalible in this book?
cryptor0th (OP)

View Profile
November 11, 2016, 07:18:18 PM

Can my name and surname will be avalible in this book?

[/being capitalist]

I think maybe a mention of all funders could happen.
If I do this -it'll be only digital first though.
M3gz.

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 11, 2016, 07:18:47 PM

It sounds like a good idea. Where did you plan to release the book? Or have you thought that far ahead?
cryptor0th (OP)

View Profile
November 11, 2016, 07:19:35 PM

It sounds like a good idea. Where did you plan to release the book? Or have you thought that far ahead?

Amazon has an independent publishing platform that in extension publishes to the Kindle too.
That is what I am looking at as of now.
berron

Activity: 727
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 11, 2016, 07:22:25 PM

Only my thoughts...
Salute

Hey

1. All work will be available via google docs to anyone backing this
  - Might as well be the only perk they get. They will have the ability to be a part of the creative process and contribute to the book.
  - They will also be able to see / review work done on a daily basis (again through google documents ? )

2. Yes, 150 / day is high. So is a target of 8k words + viable research.
 4500 for a book is normal given the time constraints. When deciding on the figure I did not want it to be too small a figure to make it seem irrelevant to me and at the same time accommodate for the interest of the people backing it.

By no means am I a perfect writer, nor do I have massive expertise in writing long form. I have some articles here and an ardent desire to share stories from the community.

Ok, I see. Thanks for the answer, will follow this thread and maybe invest a bit in your project.

Have you tried a real DEX??? But a real DEX like this!!!
cryptor0th (OP)

View Profile
November 12, 2016, 04:14:27 AM

Hey guys

I have decided to move ahead with this project.
I'll set up an ICO later.

If you know a reliable escrow, do let me know.

Regards
marufnang

Activity: 728
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 12, 2016, 04:19:33 AM

reserve indonesian translation sir..........
Dsdyourfull

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 12, 2016, 04:23:05 AM

just s few days come out a lot of icos   Roll Eyes
Henisusan

Activity: 658

View Profile
November 12, 2016, 04:50:31 AM

waiting fun a book more information dev

█████
                    ██████
                    ██████
                    ██████
  ████████████                    ████████████                █████████████████                      ███████████
█████████████████            █████████████████          ███████████████████            ████████████████
██████████████████        ████████████████████        █████████████████████    ███████████████████
  █████████████████▀      ██████████████████████      █████████████████████  █████████████████████
████████            ▀▀▀      ██████████            ████████      ████████              ███████████████              ██████
███████                      ██████████                  ████████    ███████                ██████████████                   █████
██████                    ██████████                      ████████    ███████                  ███████████                       █████
███████                ██████████                        ███████      ███████                ██████████                        ██████
  ███████            █████████      ▄██▄             ████████      ████████            █████████      ▄██▄            ███████
  █████████████████████    ▄██████████████████          █████████████████████    ▄██████████████████
  ██████████████████          █████████████████              ██████████████████          █████████████████
  ██████████████                  ▀████████████                      ██████████████                  ▀████████████
Cobo Digital Wallet
|
  First Leading Wallet Offering PoS and Masternode Rewards Worldwide 
SECURITY ● RELIABILITY ● CONVENIENCE
|
Download
for Android & iOS
● TELEGRAM
● FACEBOOK
● TWITTER

████
██████
█████████
█████████████
████████████████
████████████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
████████████g█████████
██████████g███████
████████g██████
██████g██████
██████████
██████
███

████
                ████
                ▀▀
     ,▄▄▄▄▄▄      ▄▄▄▄▄▄
   o████████▄██▄████████
  ████████████████████
 d███████████████████
,███████████████████
`███████████████████
 ████████████████████
 █████████████████████
  ████████████████████████
   ██████████████████████
    ████████████████████
     `████▀▀  ▀▀██████
[t
-Greed-

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

Decentralized Jihad

View Profile
November 12, 2016, 07:12:47 AM

Interesting... Might be a backer as well. Don't forget to mention me, Greed, the scam destroyer. I was fighting scams till the end..

xlilbearx

Activity: 237

View Profile
November 12, 2016, 08:37:43 AM

Sounds like a good idea,  will help a lot of people out there too when they get started into this!
cryptor0th (OP)

View Profile
November 12, 2016, 12:58:37 PM

Appreciate the interest. If you could please PM me / Post here with how much you'd be willing to back it with -it'd be great.
I am trying to garner an idea of the interest in the project.

Thank you.
shapetwist

Activity: 504
Merit: 502

View Profile
November 12, 2016, 01:07:21 PM

I think it's a good idea and I'd be willing to talk.

$APX - AstroPepeX - 1st AI developed ETH token
Djanggo

Activity: 337

View Profile
November 12, 2016, 01:17:47 PM

Are you kidding ? lol
cryptor0th (OP)

View Profile
November 12, 2016, 01:32:01 PM

Are you kidding ? lol

Maybe he could translate the book for a portion of royalty haha.
In all honesty guys - No bounties, no sig campaigns, no usual nonsense.
If I do this there'll be

-A slack group for backers (only backers)
-No tokens for trades
-A google folder with the required research / chapters completed.

I really don't want to blow this up into something it isn't. Looking only for enthusiasts.

Thanks Smiley
vindyne8
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1009

View Profile
November 12, 2016, 01:33:12 PM

Interesting idea, will keep an eye on this one.
cryptor0th (OP)

View Profile
November 12, 2016, 02:12:33 PM

Sent a PM to members that have registered interest.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: