Bitcoin Forum
July 29, 2024, 08:32:45 PM *
News: Help 1Dq create 15th anniversary forum artwork.

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: stung by instawallet fiasco.. now theres 404 errors on wallets  (Read 457 times)
burgersburgers (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 07:53:33 AM

last week decided to invest half my life savings i had left - a small 1000usd into bitcoins after blowing 400btc in 6 most previous months.

the afternoon they were due to arrive in instawallet i had and accident and was hospitalised for a week and then come back to the shutdown of instawallet. ive only just got myself to the point of being able to tansfer funds i had in other places to my pc wallet

they say they are going to make claims available but i dont like this 404 error thats appearing now on wallets. it doesnt give me much hope of their fairness or competency to see 404 errors for the past 24 hours.

please do the right thing instawallet.. if it take 3 or 4 months then so be it but please get your shiznit together with the 404 crap. its making me worry. a placeholder would have been the logical choice. leaving the site with 3 million of whatever walletds with 404's just seems a bit.. suspicious to me. dead links are not on
Cereal

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 08:03:45 AM

Guess it's a result of their security measures, decreasing attack surface?

As long as instawallet.org is still available there is hope..
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: