Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 03:07:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [News] 78 year SUPERMOON on Monday Nov. 14th 2016  (Read 539 times)
Spoetnik (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
November 12, 2016, 03:12:37 AM

THE BIGGEST FULL MOON IN ALMOST 70 YEARS:
On Monday night, Nov. 14th, there's going to be a full Moon--the biggest and brightest in almost 70 years.  Members of the press are calling it a "supermoon".  The scientific term is "perigee Moon". These terms mean the same thing: The Moon is going to be as much as 14% bigger and 30% brighter than lesser moons we have seen in the past.

"The last time we had such a close full Moon was January 26, 1948," says Geoff Chester of the US Naval Observatory, "and it won't happen again until November 25, 2034."

Photo Credit: Space.com - Supermoon from May 2012

Full moons vary in size because the Moon's orbit is not a circle, it's an ellipse. One side of the Moon's orbit (perigee) is 50,000 km closer to Earth than the other side (apogee): diagram. This Monday's Moon becomes full about 2 hours away from perigee, a coincidence that makes it remarkable.

But will we be able to tell the difference ... just by looking?  A 30% difference in brightness can easily be masked by clouds or the competing glare of urban lights.  Also, there are no rulers floating in the sky to measure lunar diameters. Hanging high overhead with no reference points to provide a sense of scale, one full Moon looks much like any other.

"I think that the hype over the term 'supermoon' is a bit overblown," says Chester.  "In my book every full Moon has something to offer!"

To get the most out of Monday's apparition, Chester makes this recommendation: "Try to catch the Moon just as it is rising."  A perigee Moon magnified by the Moon Illusion could look super, indeed.

Story credit: www.spaceweather.com

FUD first & ask questions later™
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Samahabosa

Activity: 209
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 12, 2016, 04:01:39 AM

where can see supemoon
or all country can see supermoon
Spoetnik (OP)
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
November 12, 2016, 02:02:24 PM

where can see supemoon
or all country can see supermoon

Pretty sure you can see it from anywhere at night.
And i made an error i think on the topic title ..suppose to be 68 yrs ?

It is a special event for sure.

Alex1994

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 12, 2016, 02:23:19 PM

It is a special event for me
rigel
Legendary

Activity: 1240
Merit: 1001

Thank God I'm an atheist

View Profile
November 13, 2016, 03:51:11 AM

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m95JdpLzkQY
Spoetnik (OP)
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
November 13, 2016, 08:33:44 AM
Last edit: November 13, 2016, 11:39:04 AM by Spoetnik

I suspect this SuperMoon is affecting humans !

It swings around us in an ellipse.. and it's basically at it's closest point right now.
Meaning we are getting the largest possible tidal pull from the Moon.

The tides are a result of the Earth's tidal bulge that swirls around the planet ahead of the gravitational tugging that takes place.

The tidal bulge as it's called is actually a combo of the Moon and Sun combined.
People rarely mention the Sun has a large effect on the tide too.

And it has nothing to do with water really.. the whole entire planet is changing shape !
Water is easier to change than concrete or other hard materials though.
So the effect is far more pronounced on soft materials.. but hard materials are still affected.

Scientists have said the Earth is oval more like a Football shape than it is round.
Because there is ALWAYS a tidal bulge.. like a magnet going around us pulling up 1 section 24/7.
And weird though is the bulge is always ahead of the gravitational pull.
So people may think the Moon in view has the strongest pull because you can see it..
Nope.. the bulge would have already passed you..

But look at those increased News Story percentages..
What that means is we are ALSO getting maybe a 15% increase in gravitational tidal forces.
a 70 year peak where it gradually increases then decreases every 35 yrs or so.

I thought of this because of Donald Trump !
I think the Moon's 70 year peak is causing a big chunk of the population to be more affected by tidal forces.
AKA:
The SuperMoon is causing you all to go bat shit insane  Cheesy

zikel

Activity: 188
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 13, 2016, 10:21:25 AM

Must see. This is not to be missed. We must try to take a picture
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: