Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 02:02:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [IoP] Fermat presents the Internet of People App Token  (Read 66323 times)
Coroline

Activity: 1092
Merit: 256

View Profile
December 10, 2016, 05:38:54 PM

only 7 blocks left for new window 8 Tongue let see what happens with difficulty

damn yeah i can't wait..*My Body is ready lol hope will give a surprise Cheesy

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
trader19
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2016, 07:11:43 PM
Last edit: December 10, 2016, 10:14:46 PM by trader19

I read that to mine this coin you need a license for this and there are guidelines and requirements to mine Fermat,if for example I choose to run a dedicated facebook page to run about Fermat how can I submit my work,I don't know but there's something here that's worth a second look I'm still the potential of this coin.

1. look into the mining sheet and find your chapter.
2. look if there are spots open to claim (like facebook, twitter, meetups)
3. make a comment with your data (fb page, mining wallet address)

that's it!

If there is no chapter from your country, then you can claim the spot and be the first in your country and become chapter president. then you find people fill the spots and start building your Fermat Chapter biz.

It looks it is already filled I am one person late,so it's one country one miner only  I don't know how good is that i understand that you don't want big miners to mine IoP but limiting one miner per country is not really good in my opinion,so does it mean we will have to wait until that guy stop mining so we can apply again?
actually one Chapter x miners, you can join your chapter and claim unclaimed licences for various tasks. you should however be in contact to other members (president) so there is no conflict of interest. you can always also bring new chapters and claim referral licence and there is no limit how many you can have. world is big, start contacting your old friends and motivate them to join.

Join the Elastic revolution!  Elastic - The Decentralized Supercomputer
ELASTIC WEBSITE | NEW ANNOUNCEMENT THREAD | ELASTIC SLACK | ELASTIC FORUM
trader19
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2016, 12:53:15 AM

yesterday evening marmai had an google hangout session opened for Chapters Q&A. Biggest part was recorded, so i really recommend if you have few mins to watch this video and get walkthru and easier understanding of IoP

Q&A for Fermat Local Chapters | with Community Manager Markus

Luis-Fernando-Molina

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2016, 01:31:43 PM
Last edit: December 11, 2016, 04:06:41 PM by Luis-Fernando-Molina

Q:Perhaps we not misunderstand each other. But it is not my fault. You have chapters in Russia but it does not do anything (however as well as all your chapters). He did not answer one of my questions. Everything that it does, it sells the coins at the exchange.
A:I think so also, for you to understand what role i play in all this. I Joined in early Oktober this year when all this Chapter Concept started, was the first and built Swiss Chapter together with Amadeo, testing and was the one that set the standards for other Chapters to follow (social media, POA, involvement). Chapter governance system is something never done before, you cant expect Chapter network model to be running perfectly this early. i can tell you didn't do any research and i don't have time to take you by your hand and guide you. i recommend you start reading here.

Q:Probably, they should leave a weak point, and will go to a forum to give answers to people.
A:?

Answer to these questions step by step:

1. Q:The limited number of people is engaged in production now. About 40 people. Correctly?
A:I guess by production you mean mining? i think more than 40 ppl are mining, since some chapters have more than one member. How many exactly, go check spreadsheet and count them yourself i will not do it for you. In github there are in total 76 contributors to the code since beginning..

2. Q:Now, it is available 2112258 IOP as you told. From where this quantity of coins undertook?
A:10% premine=2,100,000 IoP, rest is/has being mined by Chapters

3. Q:Who possesses these coins?
A:Who possesses premine IoP you mean? it's all documented, if you want to review it ask Luis for access to spreadsheet. The rest is being fairly distributed in form of Mining and POA (Proof of Action). read Chapters

4. Q:You want to tell that investors bought 2112258 IOP?  
A:Premine was 10% means 2,100,000 IoP, how many was bought and at what rate and what was distributed is something you can see on that document. ask Luis for access.

5. Q:You say that they bought them on 12 dollars? It means that you have 24 million dollars now?
A:contributors, developers, bug bounties were paid out in form of IoP at $12 convert value. means they received IoP tokens in converted value of 1IoP=12$ for various tasks. What investors paid, ask Luis.

6. Q:If it not so, then tell what exact quantity of coins was bought by investors? And how many at you is dollars?
A:ask Luis or marmai per PM. i don't have this information.

Facit: i can understand your concerns, still you need to understand that Fermat project is not dependent on your investment and nobody asked you to invest or buy. only thing you all are kindly asked is to join and create decentralized Chapter network of trusted full nodes necessary for further evaluation and success of this project. you are even being incentivized by joining this early..  Cool

Thanks for your answers, is a pity that the Russian Chapter, not also well works as you.

There are some guarantees that 10% of premine (this 2100000 IoP) cannot be brought to market any minute?

You have to understand my concern, and looking at your rank you have to remember 1001 cases when it happened to different coins. Not all people are honest, unfortunately.

Therefore, the community has to know this information to be sure.

Hi, sorry for seeing this a little bit late. Anyway my two cents:

I started Fermat more than 2 years ago. By that time there was already a lot of noise in this industry and scams everywhere. I decided first to build something and later raise funds, in contrast with so many other projects doing just the opposite. During the first 6 months I worked full time on this, with the help of some friends from the time I was doing banking systems. During this first phase I counted the hours spent by these people in order to compensate them in the future. These were the very early investors. During the next months I searched for an angel investor willing to finance a year of development. By that time only the vision and the architecture and design of the solution was there, nothing else. The investor bought a first set of "imaginary" tokens at 0.29 cents each. She invested $200,000.

We didn't have a blockchain by that time and we didn't have plans to implemented in the short term neither. The money was better invested on building the components of future person to person apps and learning if such apps were feasible.

I organized then a programming competition and during 2 months I selected the best Java programmers in Argentina, my home country. The prize was to come to Budapest where I live, to build the core of the system during the summer, plus accommodation, flight tickets, a laptop and a monthly payment. Although the competition targeted Argentinian devs, the word spread throughout Latin Amarica and people from different countries participated. In the final selection there were 4devs from Argentina and 2 from Venezuela.

All of them arrived to Budapest on time and we starting developing with this initial team in Jun 2015. We had a great time there and a lot of fun anecdotes beyond the coding. (Maybe someday I will write about them). When I was about to pay these guys, I offered them to reinvest their "salaries" into the project tokens, and to my surprise each and everyone of them wanted to reinvest. Perhaps because they already had accommodation or maybe they truly liked the project. After some months I saw that the budget was not being spent as expected since they were choosing the tokens and not the dollars. As the tokens were not in the market, since they didn't even existed, we had to figure out which would be a fair price for them.

We expected to have in 6 months a prototype, so if we were a startup that would mean being ready for a seed round. At that time there was a site tracking all investment in crypto currency startups, and from there, after some analysis you could estimate that the valuation range at which a seed round was raised in this industry. The range was between 6M and 12M. So we imagined that by the time we had that prototype ready our valuation should be at least 6M, the lower part of the range. So we arbitrarily increased the price of the imaginary token month over month until reaching the price equivalent to a 6M valuation by the end of 1015.

At the same time, since the budget was largely unspent and the project quite complex,we thought that there might be more devs, designers and testers that would like to join with a similar deal, meaning reinvesting a large amount of their compensation. People in Venezuela motivated by these 2 first members where in a special good condition to do that, because of the situation in their county they could live with extremely little cash (in dollars terms) and reinvest all the rest. So the project quickly grew in numbers of contributors by word of mouth throughout Latin America, specially inside Venezuela. At a peak time there were more that 100 people contributing, a third of them devs, another thirds designers, and the rest testers, entrepreneurs and others.

With those numbers the $200,000 were being used fast and a lot of tokens were being distributed among all this people. The angel investor at the end of 2015 with a friend of her decided to take another round, this time of $450,000 at a price between 2 and 3 USD per token. (still imaginary).

During 2016 we all agree to continue increasing the token price to reflect the work added to the project by all these people, and everyone was happy to reinvest their compensation at each months price. During summer 2016, the proof of concept was finished and we were ready to start production quality code, no more prototyping. By that time we also stopped issuing more imaginary tokens, since we needed to stop to close the accounting and prepare the distribution of the real tokens, now at the blockchain.

A professional senior team of devs were hired for that by the end of the summer and we started working on the components of the Internet of People. This is a smaller team, with one dev in UK, 2 in Hungary, 2 in Argentina and 1 in Estonia. We finally implemented our token blockchain at the end of 2016 summer, and on top of it our first version of the mining by licenses and mining cap. Also the governance functionality for voting for projects to be paid by the blockchain is in testing by now. The IoP Profile Server (the main component of the internet of people) will enter alpha before the end of the year, together with the geolocated p2p network and the content address network.

Once the blockchain was ready, all the imaginary tokens were distributed. Before that we realized that we issued to many tokens, like 17% of the total supply, so we decided to scale it back to 10% multiplying all tokens held by anyone with a factor of 0.5 something, just to make them all fit within 10% that is something currently accepted by the industry.

On top of that we didn't want dumpers on the market so we figure it out how to use the quite new bitcoin functionality of time-locking some percentage of the tokens. We decided that 25% of everyones tokens would be frozen in 6 months, 1,2,3,4 and 5 years in some cases. That would make dumping and crashing the market stupid since everyone has tokens time-locked.

10 days ago we entered the first exchange, and of the 2.1 M premined tokens only a few thousands are being sold. That is because most of the token holders don't want to sell and wont do it because they are here for the long run. Specially big token holders. The only tokens around available are the ones of some of these Venezuelan people that unfortunately they fight everyday to put food on the table. We have great plans to grow, plenty of good and original ideas.

This month our voting system, similar to the one of Dash will be ready and that will enable us to do many things, like for example start a PR campaign. To be honest we are not focus right now on the token price or market, we are mainly building our components and also building our community.

If you are a dev, you might enjoy visiting our github repos and see what we are doing there. If you are not, talk to Markus to see how you can join the community.

https://github.com/fermat-org

I have written several posts in medium explaining in plain English what we are doing and why. Here is a link you can follow to find my posts there:

https://medium.com/search?q=luis%20fernando%20molina

also, here is a link to the spreadsheet we used to track the imaginary tokens while the blockchain was not ready:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Fx29tzswHQN7YPjsFwlTnOyGZzY-sWUTA71URzmueug/edit?usp=sharing

A few weeks ago we were all happy to be listed by coinmarket cap, just to quickly learn that the value at Available Supply was wrong. We tweeted them, filled their change form several times, communicate with them over email, and still we can not get that figure corrected. We understand that our available supply are the pre-mined tokens minus 25% of the pre-mined time locked plus the 13,000 tokens mined so far. They refused so far to change that figure stating that only 13,000 are available. That impacts in our market cap calculation effectively discriminating us, since with such a number our market cap is ridiculously low. We hope to make them understand their mistake. Their argument is that tokens held by devs and investors are not part of the available supply. This is ridiculous since any of these can trade them anytime, except the ones time locked. They didn't subtracted all the tokens held by Satoshi on the case of bitcoins.

The previous is an extremely condensed history of the project so far. Unless you go to github, you would not be able to see the hundred of thousands of hours invested by people in this project.

It is easy to come and dismiss our work as a scam after spending 5 minutes on it. I understand it only in the context of so many scam in this industry. We had our fair share of scammers inside the project doing quite a lot of harm. But reality is that we are doing a good job based on what we believe in. Fermat doesn't need to do ICO or sell more tokens, or convince anyone to go and buy them. We are fine building our system, people is already coming to us and joining. We just listed our token in the market and people that can understand what we are doing are going to by them. That is good enough for us at this stage.

You can ask me any further question, I am checking this thread from time to time. And if you finally like our vision, consider joining us, after all this story is just begining.

Luis
miayama

Activity: 358
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 11, 2016, 02:40:20 PM

Very detailed response. I think that you understand that all of new perceived very hard and often indiscriminately called scam.
Casimir1904

Activity: 209
Merit: 100

Radix-The Decentralized Finance Protocol

View Profile
December 12, 2016, 07:30:06 PM

IoP can now be traded on BTCPOP: https://btcpop.co/Exchange/IoP

R A D I X   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   The Decentralized Finance Protocol
█████████ GET TOKENS █████████    Facebook      Telegram      Twitter
The Radix DeFi Protocol is    SCALABLE SECURE COMMUNITY DRIVEN
trader19
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2016, 09:28:46 PM

IoP can now be traded on BTCPOP: https://btcpop.co/Exchange/IoP
very nice, thanks  Cool

trader19
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2016, 10:39:12 PM
Last edit: December 13, 2016, 11:13:01 PM by trader19

!Attention Chapters it's been great ride past few weeks, we are counting 47 Chapters and we expect many more to join soon. Last few days England, New Zealand and Siberia joined Smiley welcome.

This is just the beginning of something really big, i strongly recommend all the Chapters that are Mining to start saving for further step that is coming very soon. Next coming is Chapter App necessary to scale up and bring Fermat Chapter Network system to another Level. Chapter Network that we are building today is very powerful tomorrow, just think about media potential of 100+ Chapters..

-> Why am i asking you today to start saving your precious IoP for tomorrow? because you will need them, if you want to stay and pioneer this new path you will next need to register your official Chapter Profile inside App and this will cost every Chapter 100 IoP deposit and 10 IoP mining fee.
-> So why is necessary to register official Chapter Profile? one example is to continue mining all our Licences will slowly migrate to this new system and only officially registred Chapters and their official members will be able to claim existing or add new mining Licences. This will lead to even greater decentralization and Trust Network.
-> Why are we doing this? you are representative of Fermat in your Country, you are the face of Internet of People and when this thing takes off you will be the one people will see as an expert in this field and if people want to build business around it they will come to you. Also we are doing this to make it official and bring some dynamics into field, you will be challenged to do some proactive action (POA) and in the process you and your Chapter earns real IoP tokens. In this early day it's easy to build and run Chapter, media, support the network and when time comes run full nodes but it won't stop there. This will expand and grow and early contributors like me and you can and will become real experts in this field. Vision is to have big Network of trusted individuals all over the world, those individuals will build Core and backbone of Internet of People.
"Crème de la Crème"

Introduction
Mining IoP tokens will be done in the most decentralized and resilience way possible. In the very long term securing the network by mining will be done by different networks that we will build over time. The mining will evolve until it’s final state where a block is going to be mined by one network, the next block by a second network and so on, including end users as one of the possible networks. Current network ideas includes these ones:
Fermat Chapter Network  → We are building this one today.
Fermat Research Network
Fermat Business Network
Fermat End Users Network
The first phase in this mining roadmap is the Fermat Chapter Network, and that is what we are going to describe and analyze at this document.
Transaction Type          Mining Fee         Deposit
New Chapter Profile                 10               100
Pre-Automation Stage
We are currently living at the pre-automation stage. That means that the management of the chapters is done manually with the help of a shared spreadsheet. The awarding of new licenses today is done in a centralized way by a few administrators. All these need to be automated and allow the network to self-govern and self-audit.
Source: Fermat Chapter Network

trader19
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2016, 07:06:19 PM

Live Interview | with Luis Molina | Founder of Fermat

You don't want to miss this, in just 1h Luis is doing Livestream on Youtube! join us and tune in

trader19
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2016, 09:42:28 PM

Few hours ago Luis presented short- and long-term Roadmap  Cool enjoy reading and get involved. yay!

Fermat Road-map up to Q4 2017

Tbone123

Activity: 174
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 16, 2016, 05:10:49 AM

I was wondering why we may get banned for mining to fast as was stated in an earlier post? I would think the cap is all that is needed to prevent mining farms. It seems this speed reduction is very partial to countries where the dollar goes further like Argentina and Venezuela and severely punishes others.

Take for example me, living in the US and someone living in Venezuela. Say we both have a family of 6 and we both need to feed them for the day. Here that may cost at a minimum 20 US dollars whereas from what I gather the family in Venezuela may do it for 1 to 5 dollars US. So I need to mine faster to just keep up with the Venezuelan family . Now apply that to all needs of the family it soon becomes apparent mining to the cap as fast as I can makes sense so I can apply my resources to even another venture and make the money required. That was just an exaggerated example meant to show that it is not an equal playing field unless we are allowed to maximize our potential. Just a thought. Still love the project and am supporting it! Well... unless I get banned. Smiley

Internet of People - USA North Chapter Leader
trader19
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2016, 07:56:20 AM

I was wondering why we may get banned for mining to fast as was stated in an earlier post? I would think the cap is all that is needed to prevent mining farms. It seems this speed reduction is very partial to countries where the dollar goes further like Argentina and Venezuela and severely punishes others.

Take for example me, living in the US and someone living in Venezuela. Say we both have a family of 6 and we both need to feed them for the day. Here that may cost at a minimum 20 US dollars whereas from what I gather the family in Venezuela may do it for 1 to 5 dollars US. So I need to mine faster to just keep up with the Venezuelan family . Now apply that to all needs of the family it soon becomes apparent mining to the cap as fast as I can makes sense so I can apply my resources to even another venture and make the money required. That was just an exaggerated example meant to show that it is not an equal playing field unless we are allowed to maximize our potential. Just a thought. Still love the project and am supporting it! Well... unless I get banned. Smiley
to me it would make more sense to gather as many licences* as possible for my chapter and do stable and productive mining to its max potential without pushing difficulty to high. that's why recommended setup to use ratio of 4cpus pro licence makes sense. getting banned, is a result of your miner sending shares that are not accepted by the network since your node got blacklisted (reached mining cap) and if it continues doing so permanently network could trigger ban on your node.

*easiest way to extend your number of licences is referring new chapters

robelneo
Legendary

Activity: 3220
Merit: 1202

Bons.io Telegram Casino

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2016, 08:56:55 AM

I've tried to promote this my miner friends but the complication of mining license made them turn down his offer,he thinks it limited is to those privilege ones something of a politics involve here,there were a lot of better coin to mine and usually dev's wants people to mine his coin,not the other way around.

█████████████████      ███████████████    ██████████  ████████    █████████████
    █    ███████   ███████  ████████      █████  ███████████ ████████    ██████   ██████ 
        █████████   ███████  ████████      █████  ████████████████████  ████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀
   ▅▅  ████████   ███████  ████████      █████  ████████████████████  ████████
  █  ▀▀  ████████████████    ████████      █████  ████████████████████    ██████████████
     ▅▅████████   ███████  ████████      █████  ████████████████████              █████   
       ▀▀████████   ███████  ████████      █████  ████████████████████  ▄▄▄▄▄▄      █████
▅▅▅▅▄ ████████   ███████  ████████      █████  ████████ ███████████  ▀▀██████████████
        █████████████████     ████████████████   ████████ ███████████    ▀▀▀██████████

Your Intro
Telegram Casino
to Fun & Entertainment
The Next-Gen
Gaming Space
     ▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
  ▄▄█████████████▄▄
██▀               ▀████▄
                       ██
   ██            ■■    ██
 ██████        ■■  ■■  ███
   ██    ▀ ▀     ■■    ███     
     ▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃        ██
    █████████████      ██
    ██          ████████▀
████▀           ▀█████▀
trader19
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2016, 01:16:27 AM

For better visibility, Luis presented IoP roadmap few days ago. enjoy

Fermat Road-map
Fermat as a project has several dimensions. That means that our technical road-map is not linear, because it includes several paths at the same time. The first path started early 2015 with a prototype of the infrastructure that will run at end user devices. Another path started at the summer of 2016 with the implementation of Internet of People components.
Each component released is a catalyst for many things to happen. For example, the release of our token system enabled people to start mining, and after the concept of mining license and mining cap was developed, that enabled the formation of local chapters. The token system also enabled the governance system, and so on.
I describe here a summary of what has been done up to now and what is next at the core level. Expect on top of this road-map several secondary branches to appear.
The following is the time-line that includes both paths:

2014 — Q3, Q4 — Fermat Vision
The initial Fermat Vision was established. This vision was later refined with time, but its essence remained. By that time I was seeing how Satoshi’s invention was being abused by companies that started the shift from the concept of “be your own bank”, towards “let us be your crypto-bank”. The whole ecosystem started moving towards centralized wallets, centralized payment processors, centralized mining, and it has remained on that path until today.
The initial client-side architecture was designed. This involved a lot of innovations that we don’t talk about today since it is too early, like for example building apps with reusable components that produce a stream of micro-payments to their authors. The original Fermat white paper was conceived by this time. This will later become the foundation of Person to Person apps.

2015 — Q3, Q4 —Fermat SDK Architecture
The initial architecture was implemented. I wrote myself the very first implementation of this architecture, which has been since improved upon by dozens of developers and from my code there is probably not too much there anymore.
By this time the first angel investor round was closed and a programming competition was organized to select the best devs to work in the next phase.

2016 — Q1, Q2 — Person to Person Apps Prototypes Developed
We developed several person-to-person apps, including a bitcoin wallet, IoP wallet, apps for handling digital assets, apps for crypto brokers, etc. We did a wide range of apps to be sure that the conceived architecture was good enough to support any type of use case. Most of these apps were left working but the network infrastructure (what we call the Internet of People) was missing.
Once we release the basic components of the IoP by the end of 2016, we will come back to these apps and connect them to the IoP and release them to the public.

2016 — Q3 — IoP Token Blockchain.
In this quarter we implemented:
IoP Blockchain: This includes the v1 of the Token Server. Modeled on the bitcoin codebase, we inherit all of bitcoin’s benefits. We modified this codebase adding more rules for mining with the aim of preventing a centralization of mining. We introduced the Mining License concept together with the Mining Cap. These improvements allow for mining with regular PCs and enables complex structures to do the mining, like for example the Fermat Chapter Network.
Pre-Mining Distribution Software: This allowed us to distribute the pre-mined IoPs. During the first 2 years of the project IoPs were distributed to contributors and investors. Once the IoP blockchain was ready we needed a software to distribute these pre-mined tokens. This software was used both to distribute immediately available tokens and time-locked tokens as well.
IoP Android Wallet 0.5: For mobile users. We forked the most popular wallet and made it compatible with the IoP blockchain. We still need to come back to it and do some Fermat branding on it, and also upgrade it to be an IoP app (uploading profiles to IoP Profile Servers in order to allow users to find each other and automatically exchange addresses). A very interesting thing is that we shouldn’t do that upgrade only for our wallet. We could merge those changes back in the original bitcoin wallet, allowing all their user base to be on the IoP and solve an existing problem these wallet users have: the exchange of addresses via insecure means like instant messages or email. This is a very good candidate project anyone in the community can propose to be voted in January 2017. But the real beauty of IoP is that it can also be done in all other cryptocurrency wallets, turning all their user base into IoP users!
Mining Licensing Administration Tool: This is the software used by the the license administrator (Markus Maiwald) to grant and revoke licenses. This is a short term solution until the Chapter App is released at Q1 2017, which removes the administrator allowing chapters to self govern.

2016 — Q4 — IoP Servers and Nodes.
In this quarter we implemented:
IoP iPhone Wallet: For Apple users. This was forked from the most popular bitcoin wallet for iPhone. It is currently waiting for Apple approval. Everything said about the Android Wallet applies here too.
Profile Server v0.5: This is an original piece of software implemented from scratch by our developer team. This includes several features up to the integration with the LOC Network. This first release has enough features to start building IoP apps. What is missing at this release is the integration with the CAN Network and charging IoPs for hosting profiles. That means that while we wait for the v1.0 release profile hosting is for free! (That should also help creating a critical mass of users).
LOC Network v1.0: This allows the Profile and Proximity Servers to be geo-localized. This is also an original piece of software implemented from scratch by our developer team. All the expected functionality will be available at the first release.
CAN Network v1.0: This allows the Profile and Reputation Servers to index end user profiles and user reputation respectively. The IoP CAN Network is an extension of IPFS (Inter-planetary-file-system). IPFS was not designed to have client apps, they expected every user to run an IPFS node. We fixed that. Also IPFS doesn’t expect that the seeder of a content might not be the direct owner of the content, and that is our situation since Profile Servers are seeders but they don’t own the profile information themselves. We also fixed that. Finally IPFS had plans to implement an embedded naming system that would allow users to retrieve content information with an immutable key even if the content and it’s hash changes. We need this in order for client apps to remember the public key of a profile owner, enabling client apps to retrieve the profile even when the content itself, like a user’s profile picture for example, has changed. IPFS devs have been discussing this for some time but they haven’t implemented it yet, so we did it for them and offered this feature upstream to be included on IPFS itself.
Governance System: This includes a Contributors Android App, and a Voter’s Android App. The original idea of issuing tokens not only for miners but also for paying for contributions the project needs is credited to the DASH cryptocurrency team. They were the first to successfully implement this and now they enjoy a self-sustainable status as a project. We aim to get to self-sustainable status during 2017 and for that we need our own version of a governance system. We didn’t reuse their codebase, but implemented our own set of ideas from scratch. That includes two mobile apps: One for Contributors, where anyone can submit Contribution Contracts. The second one for Voters, allowing any token holder to vote which Contribution Contract should be paid by the blockchain. This is a major difference with DASH model, since they allow only node operators (usually geek guys) to vote what should be done or not.

2017 — Q1 — IoP Servers and Nodes.
In this quarter we will implement:
Profile Server v 1.0: This includes the integration with the CAN Network and SPV wallet. At this point the Profile Server has all its expected functionality.
STUN Server v 1.0: IoP STUN Servers are a fork of popular open source STUN Servers. Their function is to help two end user devices get connected to each other directly, bypassing firewalls that might be between them. We extend the original implementation to include the incentivisation layer, that allow these servers to get paid in IoPs for the services they provide.
TURN Server v 1.0: When STUN Servers are not enough to get two devices connected directly, TURN Servers must be used to establish a connection. Also here we extend the original implementation to include the incentivisation layer, that allow these servers to get paid in IoPs for the services they provide.
Latency Based Network v1.0: This network helps end users devices find the most appropriate TURN server when needed.
Chapter Network System: This includes an Android Chapter App that will allow us to scale our Chapter Network. This system will remove the figure of the administrator granting and revoking chapter mining licenses. At the same time the system will allow the current chapter network of around 50 chapters, to grow to tens of thousands (including all countries, all states within those countries and all cities within those states). The system includes a mobile Chapter App, that will enable chapters to self govern, self audit and manage their memberships, tasks and licenses in a decentralized way.
Fermat SDK v 1.0: First release of the Fermat SDK. This is the work done during 2015–2016 upgraded to be using the new components of the IoP. This infrastructure runs on end user devices and is the key for Person to Person apps.

2017 — Q2 — IoP Servers and Nodes.
Proximity Server v1.0: The Proximity Server is a component we designed and we will build from scratch. This enables a set of use cases or apps that need to find users by proximity. For example a Taxi App needs to allow its users to find Taxi Drivers driving nearby them.
Reputation Server v1.0: This allows end users to submit reputation records of other end users they have a relationship with. People’s reputation is needed in a wide array of use cases and apps. Also in our example App of a Taxi System, end users need to know a Taxi Driver’s reputation in order to decide if they take a ride with them or not.

2017 — Q3 — IoP Servers and Nodes.
Minting Server v1.0: This will allow us to manage the minting process properly. Minting new IoP token started in the same way as minting new bitcoins. But in order to keep our system secure and decentralized, we need to improve a lot in this area. Then we need to create a specialized server to deal with the minting and leave the Token Server with the task of processing transactions and record them at the blockchain.
Token Server v1.0: Specialized Token Server focused on transaction processing. The functionality to process transactions and securely store them at the blockchain will stay here. This will allow us to continue innovating in the Minting without affecting the network’s operations and stability. The PoW mining stays here for convenience and to keep avoiding centralization.
Unstructured Network Node v1.0: To be used by the Token & Minting Servers. At this point in time we will also separate the networking features of the bitcoin node used as starting code base into a new network node component that later can be reused by multiple servers.
Taxi Proof of Concept System: We already have all the infrastructure ready to develop the Taxi person-to-person apps, with zero transaction fees. These two mobile apps: the Taxi Passenger and the Taxi Driver apps, will use almost all the infrastructure built so far: Token Server, Profile Server, Proximity Server, Reputation Server, STUN and TURN Servers and the Fermat SDK. The system will be developed by Contributors submitting Contracts to the community and voted by the latter. The contributions will be paid by the issuing of newly minted IoP tokens. By the time of its release, we expect to have a strong Chapter Network to distribute it all over the globe. Later it will be used as a case study to build similar systems for other industries.

As you can see, we have a nice core road-map, full of technical challenges. The future looks bright and we believe we are on the right path.
Thanks to Amadeo Charlé for the editing.

DomainMagnate

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2016, 10:20:00 PM

I read that to mine this coin you need a license for this and there are guidelines and requirements to mine Fermat,if for example I choose to run a dedicated facebook page to run about Fermat how can I submit my work,I don't know but there's something here that's worth a second look I'm still the potential of this coin.

that's it!

If there is no chapter from your country, then you can claim the spot and be the first in your country and become chapter president. then you find people fill the spots and start building your Fermat Chapter biz.

Where can I find mining sheet?searched first two pages but didn't find anything
trader19
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2016, 10:27:38 PM

that's it!

Where can I find mining sheet?searched first two pages but didn't find anything
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1BI2l4jPPmh0I2V2ePWLTgLJUpWPymdpQ1-E-qUEfpyQ/edit#gid=0

trader19
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2016, 10:04:35 PM

IoP Tokens Analysis

After having our IoP token blockchain running for a couple of months I took the time to do some very basic analysis of the actual data. This is what I discovered so far:
  • Block Rate: At this stage our target average block rate is 10 minutes, but reality differs from this target. During these first 78 days a block was mined every 7.26 minutes on average.
  • Tokens per Day: At this stage we are issuing 1 IoP token per block. At the target block rate that would mean 144 new IoP tokens per day, but since the real rate is 7.26 minutes per block, that means that we are issuing 198 IoP tokens per day.
  • Value Issued: Currently with an IoP token market price at around $3, we are issuing $595 per day, or $17,855 per month. Once we reach our initially targeted price of $12, the issuing would be at $2,381 per day, or $71,418 per month.
  • Value Distributed per Chapter:Currently the value distributed per chapter is extremely low. As of today we already have 55 chapters. It is an ideal period to hold the tokens mined in preparation for the next phase, where a PoS for chapters is introduced (we target March 2017 once the Chapter App is ready). Once we reach our desired price of $12 per token, the value distribution would be (with 55 chapters in mind) $1,300 per chapter per month. Still not too much but not bad either for a starting project.
Bootstrapping the Internet of People
The IoP System includes several components, most of them were already explained in this post. As one of those components is a blockchain, we need to prevent hard forks of the chain itself produced by.....

For more read the full Article by Luis on Medium.

mirny
Legendary

Activity: 1108
Merit: 1005

View Profile
December 21, 2016, 12:56:30 PM

I have a problem with mining. I still have signature and testnet node running,
but I didn't found a block for two days, with any of this license.
What is going on?

This is my signature...
trader19
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2016, 11:28:25 PM

What is going on?
hi, for mining support best ask #help_support channel in slack

mirny
Legendary

Activity: 1108
Merit: 1005

View Profile
December 22, 2016, 12:25:46 AM

What is going on?
hi, for mining support best ask #help_support channel in slack

Solved.
Mining cap reached on both addresses, was the cause.

This is my signature...
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: