Bitcoin Forum
July 02, 2024, 07:12:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: litecoins sent to out-of-sync wallet?  (Read 6556 times)
bampot (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 09:35:01 AM

I have a burning question....just installed the litecoin client, but in a bit of a rush transferred a bunch of litecoins to my given receiving address before it had synced with the network.  Currently it is still syncing (wallet is marked as "out of sync"), and my transaction is noweher to be seen on the litecoin explorer (which makes sense, given that the wallet doesn't really exist yet  Undecided).

Can someone please reassure me that once the client has synchronized the transaction will go through?!
bampot (OP)

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 09:39:32 AM

update: transaction now appears on the litecoin explorer...phew.  However, question still remains: will my wallet just be credited as soon as it syncs?

Thanks in advance!
Mylon

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

Mining FTW

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 10:31:11 AM

Yes when money is send, it creates a txn, every txn will sooner or later be added to a block, which get build on another block etc. (added to block is basically the confirmations you'll see)

Technically the litecoins are already yours, just do the fact that the wallet is still syncing, it is not showing up yet. (the wallet is going through the txn history to see if you got any receiving/spending payments)

So yes the moment your Wallet syncs it will show up. (not credited as it is technically already there, your wallet just doesn't know yet since it hasn't caught up with recent transactions)

"All Your Base Are Belong To Us" by CATS
bampot (OP)

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 11:34:41 AM

Thanks Mylon, much appreciated.   Grin
Mylon

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

Mining FTW

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 11:39:01 AM

Any time buddy, we newbies gotta watch out for each other Smiley Owh and if you haven't done so already I really recommend reading the bitcoin whitepaper on how they work Wink (http://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf)

"All Your Base Are Belong To Us" by CATS
stereotype
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 01:23:37 PM

My new wallet sync is on 13% after 2 hours syncing. Is that normal?
Thanks
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: