Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 03:16:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Where to find all remote connections info in litecoin  (Read 503 times)
thespillmonkey (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 10:10:16 AM

Hello all,

I am still searching for the answer on the forums as I am sure it is somewhere, but I am trying my hand at solomining for the first time. I have several machines that are now set to pool mine and are connecting to litecoin running in server mode on my central server properly. Is there a way to centrally track these remote sites, or do I have to look at each remote server and add them up to get my total kh/s ?

Thanks,

TSM
Mylon

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

Mining FTW

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 10:15:48 AM

Depending on the miner you use, some have API's build in that you can make calls to. Which would make it a simple script of calling all your nodes and combining the output to get your total value. Other than that there might be API's out there that do this thing already, but if you are starting a pool from scratch, there is bound to be some manual editing involved based of preferences.

"All Your Base Are Belong To Us" by CATS
thespillmonkey (OP)

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 10:37:48 AM

To start/practice, I am using the standard litecoin wallet app (which uses minerd.exe) at both the host end as well as the remote client ends.

As long as they are connected (i know they are as they were able to pull block data to attempt to solve), if they do solve a block, will that submission attempt be logged at the central computer where it says  (accepted 0  rejected 0)  ?  If they solve and it is accepted, will the funds be automatically placed into the central wallet ?

Thanks,

TSM
Mylon

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

Mining FTW

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 10:46:11 AM

Haven't done a great amount of research on how to run pools yet. But yes as far as I understood it, since the nodes are giving the block to the central server, the central server posts it. Everybody sees it and starts on a new block. Not sure if this works exactly the same on Litecoin as on Bitcoin, but with Bitcoins you sign the block you found just before you post, which is also how the 25 BTC for finding the block gets credited to you.

"All Your Base Are Belong To Us" by CATS
thespillmonkey (OP)

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 09:15:49 PM

My main concern is knowing when the miners stop. Unless I can see the incoming connections, I will have to check all the remote servers daily to make sure they didnt stop mining.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: