Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 06:33:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Could this be as big as Steemit?  (Read 1164 times)
nextgencoin (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 13, 2016, 07:14:00 AM

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jtFqxWWZMOQ&feature=player_embedded

it will have many crypto elements built in including an advanced form of tipping where one person curates and further tipping is given to the first to tip and the producer....plus rewards on the Coval platform.
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
iamnotback

Activity: 336
Merit: 265

View Profile
November 13, 2016, 08:46:42 AM

it will have many crypto elements built in including an advanced form of tipping where one person curates and further tipping is given to the first to tip and the producer....plus rewards on the Coval platform.

Tipping must die:

http://hackingdistributed.com/2014/12/17/changetip-must-die/

Run as far away as you can from any platform that includes voluntary tipping.

Investing in curation to earn curation tips from those who curate what you did, is also not going to work. I don't feel like re-explaining what I already explained about that the past.
nextgencoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 13, 2016, 09:14:41 AM

Tipping must die:

http://hackingdistributed.com/2014/12/17/changetip-must-die/

Run as far away as you can from any platform that includes voluntary tipping.

Investing in curation to earn curation tips from those who curate what you did, is also not going to work. I don't feel like re-explaining what I already explained about that the past.

I challenge you to expand your thinking about how tipping can work. Its already understood that Changetip wasn't the answer to monetising content.

So the advanced system works like this:

1st Endorser: User 1 tips Content Creator 10 cents — >No prior endorsers before User 1— >100% of endorsement goes to Content Creators wallet — >Content Creator receives 10 cents.
2nd Endorser: User 2 tips Content Creator 10cents — >1 prior endorser (User 1) — >50% of endorsement goes to Content Creator — >Content Creator receives 5 cents — >5 cents that remains is divided amongst the previous endorsers (Users 1) and Yours— >This process loop continues until the post times out due to inactivity in endorsements, or the user manually closes the post.
So, what just happened here? On the backend, the Content Creator has created a post, thus opening a “payment channel”. Once opened, the channel is programmed to reward 100% of the first endorsement to the user. Following the first endorser, 50% of every endorsement following goes back to the Content Creator. The other 50% is then divided amongst previous endorsers, and to Yours.

This a system YOURS has pioneered. It will likely be in VOCAL in some form. Its actually genius because it incentivises people to find really great content early and reward it, its a win win system for tippers and producers and more so for consumers who are directed toward the most popular media.

Plus this is just one way a producer can be rewarded for content...don't forget the whole thing is built on the most advanced loyalty and reward crypto platform that exists.
iamnotback

View Profile
November 13, 2016, 09:42:15 AM
Last edit: March 09, 2017, 11:46:38 PM by iamnotback

My prior analysis of Yours.network is the rebuttal.

It is in the "Someone please make a Steem clone" thread.
nextgencoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 13, 2016, 10:33:26 AM

Fair enough if you want to dismiss a whole concept i.e. Tipping. But you haven't mentioned the major part of Vocal which is a rewards and Loyalty platform. So will you be dismissing platforms such as Incent as well? You are also acting like the sharing economy simply doesn't exist which is weird cause it already does.
iamnotback

View Profile
November 13, 2016, 10:56:36 AM

Fair enough if you want to dismiss a whole concept i.e. Tipping. But you haven't mentioned the major part of Vocal which is a rewards and Loyalty platform. So will you be dismissing platforms such as Incent as well? You are also acting like the sharing economy simply doesn't exist which is weird cause it already does.

I don't think people will share for just for rewards and also I don't think they will share for rewards which require a high cognitive load to analyze.

There is a lot more I would like to say and analyze on this, but I don't want to go off on this tangent right now. I am just one man, trying to do too many different things. So I simply can't do this right now.
Dexxter

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 13, 2016, 05:59:03 PM

I don't think people will share for just for rewards and also I don't think they will share for rewards which require a high cognitive load to analyze.

There is a lot more I would like to say and analyze on this, but I don't want to go off on this tangent right now. I am just one man, trying to do too many different things. So I simply can't do this right now.

At least this project has a real chance of getting people to actually use the coin. I see so many projects worth millions in market cap pumped on pure speculation because no one actually uses it. Seriously look at the top 10 and tell me the last time you or a found who isn't a tech boffin actually used them apart from Bitcoin and Steemit. This is a better project long term than 99% of these bS hyped projects. Onwards and upward I recon for Coval.
iamnotback

View Profile
November 13, 2016, 06:50:11 PM

I am not hating on you. Just expressed my viewpoint. Carry on. I'll STFU.
disconnectme

Activity: 1876
Merit: 512

View Profile
November 14, 2016, 09:00:47 AM

I think Big is a relative term, for me Steemit is not big, a well conceived idea but the execution was very wrong, some selected few have been made rich and alot of gullible investors have been burnt.
I will welcome any project that can execute the idea well and not like a rigged model in Steemit

█ ▀  ▄
  ▄ █  █▌ 
▄    █
        ███
                  ▀▀▀▀▀██
         ███          ███
      ███     【】     ███
   ███   【】【】   ███
██▀           █  █         ▀██         
█▄          █  █        ▄██
   ███       █  █     ███
      ███   █  ███ 
         ███    █    ███
            ███   ███

.T o o l K i t z A I .Break The Barrier.

██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████

███████████████████████████████████████████████████
TRY DEMO
███████████████████████████████████████████████████

██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████

▄▄████
                 ▄▄████████▌
           ▄▄█████████▀███
     ▄▄██████████▀▀  ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀    ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀     ▄███████▌
      ██     ▄█████████
       █   ▄██████████▌
       █   ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌
BTCLovingDude
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1010

BTC to the moon is inevitable...

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2016, 01:20:41 PM

the basic idea of steemit was a faulty one and i have said this the first day i heard about it that this project is not going to become big. and in my opinion the only reason that steemit could even become the size it was in its glorious days was the fact that they were giving a lot of money away!
so it made a temporary state where a lot of people could post a simple post there and make a decent amount of money but ever since those days ended and everyone started to dump their easily gained coins on market, the price took a hit.

--looking for signature--
nextgencoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 15, 2016, 08:54:44 PM

the basic idea of steemit was a faulty one and i have said this the first day i heard about it that this project is not going to become big. and in my opinion the only reason that steemit could even become the size it was in its glorious days was the fact that they were giving a lot of money away!
so it made a temporary state where a lot of people could post a simple post there and make a decent amount of money but ever since those days ended and everyone started to dump their easily gained coins on market, the price took a hit.

The developers of Coval are low on hype and big on creating real value rather than speculation....hence the name Circuits of Value. It's going to take time to develop but what underpins Coval is the simple concept of Loyalty. It really is a win win economy where someone wants to reward brand loyalty and someone else wants to make savings on preferred consumption. Crypto was made for the loyalty and reward industry IMO. because even better than what is available now rewards can be excnaged by linked products and producers. Basically expand that out to include even media producers and you start to understand why this project is different to almost all the others that tried to 'monetize' some form of media or service.

It's a common criticism but Steemit really is just a Ponzi scheme, I only use it as reference.
iamnotback

View Profile
November 15, 2016, 09:28:22 PM

After the incessant postings on nextgencoin, I read everything I could find on COVAL, VOCAL, and LOYYAL, and there isn't much to read. Just the usual hype of discombobulated mishmash of ideas from some guys who apparently forget about the hen-egg dilemma.

There are insufficient details. It is probably buried in 1 hour long videos, as Synereo did. Which I don't have time to watch.

Seems there is a lot of hype going on in slack, such as about Nike becoming a partner. Yeah right.  Roll Eyes

What is this I read about them moving to CounterParty? They don't even have their own blockchain? CounterParty isn't secure. I wrote about that during the DAO fiasco.
thezerg
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1010

View Profile
November 16, 2016, 12:07:55 AM

Always hate Steemit  Grin...the nextgen coin will come without notice.
nextgencoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 16, 2016, 07:06:43 AM
Last edit: November 16, 2016, 08:55:14 AM by nextgencoin

After the incessant postings on nextgencoin, I read everything I could find on COVAL, VOCAL, and LOYYAL, and there isn't much to read. Just the usual hype of discombobulated mishmash of ideas from some guys who apparently forget about the hen-egg dilemma.

There are insufficient details. It is probably buried in 1 hour long videos, as Synereo did. Which I don't have time to watch.

Seems there is a lot of hype going on in slack, such as about Nike becoming a partner. Yeah right.  Roll Eyes

What is this I read about them moving to CounterParty? They don't even have their own blockchain? CounterParty isn't secure. I wrote about that during the DAO fiasco.

Sorry but you have gone full retard, you can't keep coming here saying its garbage for no good reason and then saying you don't have time to say why. Loyyal really does have some of the biggest not businesses even but corporations in the world partnering with them, we are talking Deloitte and the government of Dubai! Now as Coval developers are also Loyyal developers and are in the same company simultaneously it's reasonable to suggest there are big potential business connects. There is tons of info just in the blogs, and considering they are in the early development stage much is already concrete. It's only the Rapps that are being brainstormed the underlying platform is ready to go.

Why don't you go on slack and actually ask the developers yourself. They are clearly very qualified and experienced developers and you are a pub forum no it all. Log in use your username same as here and let's see who knows what they are talking about and who is spouting nonsense, go on I dare you.

Bare in mind you just rubbished the tech and developers underpinning this.

https://cointelegraph.com/news/dubai-and-norway-use-blockchain-to-redefine-tourism

http://loyyal.com/team.html
Joint Force

Activity: 804
Merit: 500

DAO ↔ DApp

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2016, 09:02:49 AM

It might be bigger than steemit. I think we'll see tons of dapps take off soon. I know my dapp will be bigger than steemit is today. Of course steemit will probably keep growing and it'll be hard to catch them.

nextgencoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 16, 2016, 10:18:17 AM

It might be bigger than steemit. I think we'll see tons of dapps take off soon. I know my dapp will be bigger than steemit is today. Of course steemit will probably keep growing and it'll be hard to catch them.

Remember Steemit is but one application, in time their should be tons connected to the Coval token family. I believe soon they will release developer tools for people to make their own Rapps.
iamnotback

View Profile
November 16, 2016, 11:10:39 AM
Last edit: November 16, 2016, 02:06:32 PM by iamnotback

Sorry but you have gone full retard, you can't keep coming here saying its garbage for no good reason and then saying you don't have time to say why. Loyyal really does have some of the biggest not businesses even but corporations in the world partnering with them, we are talking Deloitte and the government of Dubai! Now as Coval developers are also Loyyal developers and are in the same company simultaneously it's reasonable to suggest there are big potential business connects. There is tons of info just in the blogs, and considering they are in the early development stage much is already concrete. It's only the Rapps that are being brainstormed the underlying platform is ready to go.

Why don't you go on slack and actually ask the developers yourself. They are clearly very qualified and experienced developers and you are a pub forum no it all. Log in use your username same as here and let's see who knows what they are talking about and who is spouting nonsense, go on I dare you.

https://cointelegraph.com/news/dubai-and-norway-use-blockchain-to-redefine-tourism

I see lots of hype BS and no proof and insufficient technical details. There isn't even a white paper!

Who is this Shannon Code? He has no educational history on his LinkedIn and has only been coding since 2004. Cripes man, I have been coding since the late 1970s. I have million user products that I worked on and even million user products where I was the sole author. Don't you dare try to tell me who is retard. Who are you? Mr. Code (lol, he likely changed his birth family name!) might be a decent programmer, but again where is the damn white paper?

Naol Duga has a PhD apparently but there is no information on his LinkedIn about any prior accomplishments.

Gregory Simon has connections in banking and has worked in the crypto community for a Bitcoin association and advisor to Factom.

But last time I checked in 2015 Factom was weak technology that afaics had a broken security model, as is CounterParty.

Blockchain tech is hard. Very few people are qualified.

These guys can talk a good game, but talk is cheap. Where are the technical details? Where is the white paper?
nextgencoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 16, 2016, 05:38:55 PM

I see lots of hype BS and no proof and insufficient technical details. There isn't even a white paper!

Who is this Shannon Code? He has no educational history on his LinkedIn and has only been coding since 2004. Cripes man, I have been coding since the late 1970s. I have million user products that I worked on and even million user products where I was the sole author. Don't you dare try to tell me who is retard. Who are you? Mr. Code (lol, he likely changed his birth family name!) might be a decent programmer, but again where is the damn white paper?

Naol Duga has a PhD apparently but there is no information on his LinkedIn about any prior accomplishments.

Gregory Simon has connections in banking and has worked in the crypto community for a Bitcoin association and advisor to Factom.

But last time I checked in 2015 Factom was weak technology that afaics had a broken security model, as is CounterParty.

Blockchain tech is hard. Very few people are qualified.

These guys can talk a good game, but talk is cheap. Where are the technical details? Where is the white paper?

As you preferred to spout your credentials (ironically unbacked up with proof) but you didn't simply enter the slack which you already said you joined and asked any real questions, I'll just file this under 'bullshitter' until further evidence becomes available.
iamnotback

View Profile
November 16, 2016, 08:45:53 PM

The ink blots proliferate. I didn't join their slack. I read what someone else wrote in their ANN thread on BCT.

Where is the white paper? I see you refuse to answer the most salient question.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: