Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 03:03:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Wired 10k on Monday morning into mtgox ..still nothing  (Read 670 times)
bitcoinhelp (OP)

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 02:07:34 PM

On Monday morning I wired $10k into my mtgox account so I could buy bitcoins and after 5 days I still don't see any money credit to my account.
What a joke this is. I sent a message to support and they asked for full name and my mtgox ID, but that info was already IN the wire , so it seems like they are unable to follow even simple instructions.
cly

Activity: 26

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 02:09:21 PM

nowadays they are dealing with heavy impact.

so please be patient with them.

And perhaps try smaller values than 10k for a first test  Roll Eyes
vm1990
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 02:11:05 PM

i wouldnt be to hard on mtgox they do have alot of problems at the moment both with banks and ddosing normal bank transfers can take up to 15 days or longer
what bank did you send from and to?
easier to estimate if it should have gone through (not after details just bank company names and country)

bitcoinhelp (OP)

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 02:15:42 PM

bank of america
vm1990
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 02:25:40 PM

well that was less than helpful (rather useless bank of America Q&A) id say 15days or 30days at most if you transferd to the Japanese bank account

dgl

Activity: 4

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 02:58:47 PM

You should try Tradehill next time. I wired them money monday at around 2pm and they sent me a email telling me they credited my account at 8pm later that night. There customer support isn't very good though, however who does nowadays....
WikileaksDude

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 03:04:17 PM

You should try Tradehill next time. I wired them money monday at around 2pm and they sent me a email telling me they credited my account at 8pm later that night. There customer support isn't very good though, however who does nowadays....

Yes tradehill deals with large amounts only
bitcoinhelp (OP)

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 05:46:46 PM
Last edit: April 05, 2013, 07:02:31 PM by bitcoinhelp

this is a joke. mtgox has no way to contact them except for some lame support ticket which they don't answer
10k down the drain .wires cant be reversed
at least i can use the loss as a good excuse for my back taxes,..i owe a lot
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 05:52:00 PM

this is a joke. mtgox has no way to contact them except for some lame support ticket which they don't answer
10k down the drain .wires cant be reversed
It's not 10k down the drain, they'll eventually get it credited to your account.  Have a little patience, and understand that the recent media attention on Bitcoin has caused MtGox support requests, trading, and new user verification to absolutely explode.  It's like waiting in a long queue on the phone because they "are experiencing greater than normal volume of calls" at the time.  They had 4 employees working in support last April - now they have 22, and are in the process of hiring even more.
bitcoinhelp (OP)

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 08:44:57 PM

They sent me this:

Thank you for waiting and we apologize for the delay. We are sorry to inform you that we need the wire conformation document and your full name to look for your funds.
Thanks,

Even though the wire document has all this information and I already gave them my full name and Mtgox ID in the last email. It's like they are too inept to process a wire transfer.

Where am i supposed to find a scanner to scan my documents? This isn't the 90's. no one uses flatbed scanners anymore
bitcoinminer42
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1185

notorious shrimp!

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 08:47:23 PM

doesn't tradehill had big security problems in the past?
Mac-10

Activity: 5

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 08:49:11 PM

Just be patient.
holy_cow

Activity: 14

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 08:50:22 PM

They sent me this:

Thank you for waiting and we apologize for the delay. We are sorry to inform you that we need the wire conformation document and your full name to look for your funds.
Thanks,

Even though the wire document has all this information and I already gave them my full name and Mtgox ID in the last email. It's like they are too inept to process a wire transfer.

Where am i supposed to find a scanner to scan my documents? This isn't the 90's. no one uses flatbed scanners anymore

Take a picture with your phone.  Better resolution than most cheap scanners.
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 12:03:44 AM

Next time wire the funds to Bitcoins Direct and get your coins the same day. Smiley
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=87094.0
jabulani

Activity: 7

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 12:11:13 AM

They sent me this:

comon man wtf seems like you dont care much about your money do you?, you can afford to lose 10k but you cannot dispose of a scanner? photocopying shop? even freaking buy one?

aniway as they said take a good quality picture with your phone, it should do the job.
clicksmoney

Activity: 103
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 02:07:02 AM

Start a dutch auction for your Mt Gox account with evidence of the transfer. Then not a total loss (as if it ever was). Seriously if you throw 10k around like this I expect you to a) be able to afford to lose it b) be easy come, easy go or C) make informed choices.

Apologies for ranty I have less to play with and every dollar means something to me people do this without due diligence with how things work irks me. And don't let it get to your health.

bitcoinhelp (OP)

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 10:02:41 PM

scanned my wire document today
this is taking much longer than i expected
essem

Activity: 42

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 10:23:50 PM

They sent me this:

comon man wtf seems like you dont care much about your money do you?, you can afford to lose 10k but you cannot dispose of a scanner? photocopying shop? even freaking buy one?

aniway as they said take a good quality picture with your phone, it should do the job.

Show some compassion, the OP is the sort of investor we need right now to help drive the price to $200 and beyond
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: