Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 08:11:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: HELP - password electrum  (Read 777 times)
Termo (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 13, 2016, 11:19:38 PM

I installed electrum , it has not asked me for the password it has not shown me the seed.
I think that, this has happened because probably the electum wallet during the new installation has recovered data from an old installation.
Unfortunately I have not been paying attention to this, the wallet was activated immediately and i send bitcoin to it from a bitcoin core wallet. ,...... Now my bitcoin are in the electrum wallet installed on my PC and I do not have the password and  seed.
how can I recover the bitcoins? People say that, those bitcoin are lost but I can't belive it !! ....they are in my wallet installed in my pc.......
Can you help me please  !!

Coding Enthusiast
Legendary

Activity: 1039
Merit: 2783

Bitcoin and C♯ Enthusiast

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2016, 04:53:02 AM

When you first install Electrum and run it for the first time it checks the wallet default location which is C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Electrum\wallets on windows and if it can find a wallet then starts using it. From what you said I think Electrum has found a wallet there, probably from your last install and started using it.

If that wallet is password protected, the only way you can access your funds is knowing the password or remembering the seed you had the first time you installed that wallet.

There is also an option to brute force the password and try cracking it but that requires you to know at least something about the password.
For example know that it is 10 letters with a name "Termo" and number "462" in it. If you know nothing about the password, then nothing can be done.

Projects List+Suggestion box
Donate: 1Q9s or bc1q
|
|
|
FinderOuter(0.19.1)Ann-git
Denovo(0.7.0)Ann-git
Bitcoin.Net(0.26.0)Ann-git
|
|
|
BitcoinTransactionTool(0.11.0)Ann-git
WatchOnlyBitcoinWallet(3.2.1)Ann-git
SharpPusher(0.12.0)Ann-git
Abdussamad
Legendary

Activity: 3626
Merit: 1568

View Profile
November 14, 2016, 09:48:09 AM

I installed electrum , it has not asked me for the password it has not shown me the seed.
I think that, this has happened because probably the electum wallet during the new installation has recovered data from an old installation.
Unfortunately I have not been paying attention to this, the wallet was activated immediately and i send bitcoin to it from a bitcoin core wallet. ,...... Now my bitcoin are in the electrum wallet installed on my PC and I do not have the password and  seed.
how can I recover the bitcoins? People say that, those bitcoin are lost but I can't belive it !! ....they are in my wallet installed in my pc.......
Can you help me please  !!

Go to wallet menu > seed. Tell us what happens when you do this.
Termo (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 15, 2016, 07:18:25 PM

;)hello guys,
 Abdussamad:  ... when I go on "the seed button", electrum asks me the password.
 Coding: it is right, the only thing I can do is a "brut force ". how? can you help me? witch preogramm do  I have to use?
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1520

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2016, 08:43:22 PM

;)hello guys,
 Coding: it is right, the only thing I can do is a "brut force ". how? can you help me? witch preogramm do  I have to use?

btcrecover is commonly used for brute force attacks

-> https://github.com/gurnec/btcrecover/blob/master/TUTORIAL.md#btcrecover-tutorial

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
Abdussamad
Legendary

View Profile
November 16, 2016, 06:30:41 AM

;)hello guys,

brute forcing only works if you have *some* idea what the password is. otherwise it's a crapshoot.
Dassi

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 16, 2016, 11:50:00 AM

Or, OP might be able to remember a word or two from the seed which will greatly help in brute-forcing.
Abdussamad
Legendary

View Profile
November 16, 2016, 12:32:07 PM

Or, OP might be able to remember a word or two from the seed which will greatly help in brute-forcing.

you need a lot more than a word or two to brute force the seed. there are way too many possibilities.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: