Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 11:58:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to sell bitcoins on an exchange  (Read 4262 times)
dearbesz1219

Activity: 924
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 26, 2017, 08:28:16 PM

it seems you're just choosing the wrong exchanger, the purpose of people using bitcoin is because they want privacy even if bitcoin is not fully anonymous you still have a chance to keep your privacy,only government have the right to ask you such important thing,if the exchangers are trying to violate your privacy then just get away,they're not worth for exchanging for now and in the future
Indeed, you are right! I will support your statement. Anyone has the right to buy bitcoin in any exchanges. But if they insist to get your privacy that's the sign for you to avoid it and stay away from it because Bitcoin was decentralized.
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
beerlover
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 1160

View Profile
March 27, 2017, 07:54:24 AM

I wonder how I am supposed to sell bitcoins on an exchange. I have been considering several and have gone through the KYC/AML process for three exchanges. The problem is once I sell my coins they might ask me to prove where I got them from. Keep in mind I am not intending to withdraw the FIAT, I just want to sell high and rebuy lower, and withdraw the coins.

The problem with proving the source of my coins is, how the hell do I do it? I bought them on MtGox and they can't ask MtGox for verification. Even if they did, the coins have gone through several addresses over the years. I can't even trace it back to the MtGox purchase since they went through other exchanges (and got mixed).

So what is one supposed to do here?

I don't know what your talking about your story experience, but the only things I know when I'm selling my bitcoin in yobit exchange platform I do trade it in dollar usd.
The question is being you going to get taxed on it, I mean for some people and some countries you are not allowed to exchange any foreign currency, and that includes bitcoin, and receiving money from sources that are not stated and for things that are not real is illegal, this is the current problem of bitcoin that it is not stated in a law directly, because it is not considered real money.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
Wintersoldier

Activity: 966
Merit: 274

View Profile
March 27, 2017, 01:50:14 PM

I wonder how I am supposed to sell bitcoins on an exchange. I have been considering several and have gone through the KYC/AML process for three exchanges. The problem is once I sell my coins they might ask me to prove where I got them from. Keep in mind I am not intending to withdraw the FIAT, I just want to sell high and rebuy lower, and withdraw the coins.

The problem with proving the source of my coins is, how the hell do I do it? I bought them on MtGox and they can't ask MtGox for verification. Even if they did, the coins have gone through several addresses over the years. I can't even trace it back to the MtGox purchase since they went through other exchanges (and got mixed).

I don't know what your talking about your story experience, but the only things I know when I'm selling my bitcoin in yobit exchange platform I do trade it in dollar usd.
The question is being you going to get taxed on it, I mean for some people and some countries you are not allowed to exchange any foreign currency, and that includes bitcoin, and receiving money from sources that are not stated and for things that are not real is illegal, this is the current problem of bitcoin that it is not stated in a law directly, because it is not considered real money.
That is for the countries which doesn't consider bitcoin as a legal currency. However, in mamy countries, there are bitcoin exchangers than can be used to buy and sell bitcoin using fiat money. If a country can have this exchanger, then bitcoin would be consider as legal currency for that certain country.
pinkpanther03

Activity: 1092
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 12:03:14 PM

I never experience that up to the present since I've sold bitcoin many times before. why don't you try to do in the other exchange exchange so you may not encounter that kind which is something fishy going on. Try Poloniex or bittrex.com
Idrisu

Activity: 924
Merit: 260

View Profile
March 31, 2017, 07:12:40 AM

I never experience that up to the present since I've sold bitcoin many times before. why don't you try to do in the other exchange exchange so you may not encounter that kind which is something fishy going on. Try Poloniex or bittrex.com
This is the something I want to said you experience is very strange. Have used poloniex to transfer before and I was never ask to prove how I generate my bitcoin or other crypto currencies! I think try others exchangers again outside the one you done before and I think you will successfully convert you coins.
Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
April 01, 2017, 06:18:38 AM

You can sell bitcoin in exchangers site by just depositing it and just selling it to the bids of the buyers. But before you do that make sure that you will choose the best and safest exchanger site that will suit to you. You can use localbitcoins because it is very trusted site and i already do a lot of transactions with it and i can say that it is one of  the best and safest site for me.
pinkpanther03

Activity: 1092
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 23, 2017, 01:27:17 PM

that's sounds fishy, an exchange asking where does your bitcoin came from. That's not good I think, you better stay away in that exchange. besides there are many other exchange site where they are asking where you bitcoin come's from just important is you buy bitcoin on their exchange site platform
raven7886
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1041

View Profile
April 23, 2017, 03:35:11 PM

that's sounds fishy, an exchange asking where does your bitcoin came from. That's not good I think, you better stay away in that exchange. besides there are many other exchange site where they are asking where you bitcoin come's from just important is you buy bitcoin on their exchange site platform
When exchanges are dealing with fiats, I guess those KYC information are mandatory for preventing money laundry.

That is the reason some exchanges are asking the source of bitcoin from which it was earned from. I'm not finding anything wrong with this action of some exchanges because we need to comply with government regulations on preventing money laundry.
xIIImaL
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005

View Profile
April 23, 2017, 04:10:50 PM

Are you saying bitcoin is coming from exchanges who sell it? Every bitcoin is generating via the mining process and it will consumes the network fees for the every transaction. Via exchanges you can just buy or sell bitcoin as normal person or you can be start trading as trader and make profit.
Best selling places to get fiat for bitcoin are Yobit, localbitcoins, polenix and coinbase.
carlerha

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 25, 2017, 06:30:39 AM

When exchanges are dealing with fiats, I guess those KYC information are mandatory for preventing money laundry.

That is the reason some exchanges are asking the source of bitcoin from which it was earned from. I'm not finding anything wrong with this action of some exchanges because we need to comply with government regulations on preventing money laundry.
i think it is not such a difficult job i think everyone has their own choice. to me i personally using urdubit for selling my bitcoin for my fiat currency, i am using this service for such a long time and for every time i found it as reliable and trusted and will always like to continue it in future also.
olyaru

Activity: 275
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 25, 2017, 06:34:42 PM

i think it is not such a difficult job i think everyone has their own choice. to me i personally using urdubit for selling my bitcoin for my fiat currency, i am using this service for such a long time and for every time i found it as reliable and trusted and will always like to continue it in future also.

I agree with you, I also use this service. I had no problems with the sale of coins. Everything is very simple and reliable. I love such services that work without problems
amaral1977

Activity: 686

View Profile
April 25, 2017, 07:10:27 PM

Never had sush problem on poloniex or bitfinex. USed liqui and cryptopia as well without the hassle. They ask you for id verification when there is credit card or bank account involved, never been asked where the funds come from.
You can always say the "tipping" in bitcointalk as been great lately:)

██████████ 
        ██████████████████ 
      ██████████▌▐██████████ 
    ██████ ████▌  ▐████ ██████ 
   ██████  ▐██▀    ▀██▌  ██████ 
  ██████  ▌ █▄▄█  █▄▄█ ▐  ██████ 
 ██████▌ ▐██████  ██████▌ ▐██████ 
 ██████  ███████  ███████  ██████ 
 █████▌  ██▀▀▀██  ██▀▀▀██  ▐█████ 
 █████                      █████ 
  █████▄▄▄▄▄████  ████▄▄▄▄▄█████ 
   ████████████▌  ▐████████████ 
    ████████████▌▐████████████ 
      ██████████████████████ 
        ██████████████████ 
            ██████████ 

█████████
█████████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
█████████
█████████

EXCHANGES 

CREX24GRAVIEXBITEBTC

█████████
█████████
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
█████████
█████████
Monnt
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 25, 2017, 07:54:20 PM

Never had sush problem on poloniex or bitfinex. USed liqui and cryptopia as well without the hassle. They ask you for id verification when there is credit card or bank account involved, never been asked where the funds come from.
You can always say the "tipping" in bitcointalk as been great lately:)
There are exchanges asking mobile number verification as basic one. I remember livecoin.net is having mandatory rule like that. Still I will go for producing some of my information as I do not feel any uncomfort on sharing those details because sometimes I just use my only verification alone mobile number not my personal one.
jovs

Activity: 672

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 03:43:09 PM

Let's minimize the work first. First we startup at those three exchange you are talking about that you do a KYC thing process but still having a problem. Can you named those three exchanges?

As far as my own idea is concerned, the one who are strict to the source of the coin is the local exchange that legitimately operating in a certain country. But they are not putting that in a so much research since there it's hassle to do some deep research about where the coins came from.
Yes you need to do specific thing to sell your exchanges properly without problem. You will need to know your costumer to have a background on selling because it is a part of trading. Decision making is a must. Just think on the thing you will need to consider as people out there want easy money and like to deceive people on value. So if we are going to sell bitcoin is better to have an experienced and always transact on the people you trusted as much you trust you exchange.
anasis

Activity: 189
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 07:27:21 PM

Let's minimize the work first. First we startup at those three exchange you are talking about that you do a KYC thing process but still having a problem. Can you named those three exchanges?

As far as my own idea is concerned, the one who are strict to the source of the coin is the local exchange that legitimately operating in a certain country. But they are not putting that in a so much research since there it's hassle to do some deep research about where the coins came from.
Yes you need to do specific thing to sell your exchanges properly without problem. You will need to know your costumer to have a background on selling because it is a part of trading. Decision making is a must. Just think on the thing you will need to consider as people out there want easy money and like to deceive people on value. So if we are going to sell bitcoin is better to have an experienced and always transact on the people you trusted as much you trust you exchange.

I agree with you, you always need to choose a reliable exchanger. You can look in the ranking and choose the best one. Let it not give the highest price, but it will be reliable. This is the easiest way to sell bitcoin and stay not deceived
jeraldskie11

Activity: 1260
Merit: 356

View Profile
April 28, 2017, 03:31:13 PM

In that case, I'm not experiencing that already even I am trader. I trade in many exchanges site but not kind of issue. So for the advice, you need to give what they want like what he said, 'where it came from'. Tell him the truth even short words or long words. And it is for your security also why that is happening to prevent lost your money from scammers or hackers.

▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
███████████▀▌▄▀██████████
███████▄▄███████▄▄███████
██████▄███▀▀██▀██████████
█████████▌█████████▌█████
█████████▌█████████▌█████
██████████▄███▄███▀██████
████████████████▀▀███████
███████████▀▀▀███████████
▀█████▀▀████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
Peach
BTC bitcoin
Buy and Sell
Bitcoin P2P
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████████
██████▄
▄██
█████████████████▄
▄███████
██████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀

▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀
Available in
EUROPE | AFRICA
LATIN AMERICA
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

███████▄█
███████▀
██▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄
████████████▀
▐███████████▌
▐███████████▌
████████████▄
██████████████
███▀███▀▀███▀
Download on the
App Store
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

▄██▄
██████▄
█████████▄
████████████▄
███████████████
████████████▀
█████████▀
██████▀
▀██▀
GET IT ON
Google Play
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
Karloff

Activity: 256

View Profile
April 28, 2017, 04:53:11 PM

In that case, I'm not experiencing that already even I am trader. I trade in many exchanges site but not kind of issue. So for the advice, you need to give what they want like what he said, 'where it came from'. Tell him the truth even short words or long words. And it is for your security also why that is happening to prevent lost your money from scammers or hackers.

In my country, I should not report on where I got money from. I'm not sure that banks have the right to ask this. There are always exchangers who will not ask such questions
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: