Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 03:23:25 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 136$ is the new 13.6$?  (Read 1435 times)
ehoffman (OP)

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 02:39:53 PM

So, will we sleep from here?  Prices rose pretty quickly and I think people just don't know anymore if they want to invest or not.  What we see here usually happen during week-ends when fiat doesn't get to the exchanges.  Will it crash?  No new good news in the Bitcoin world, just plain old re-heated stuff.  What do you think?

Like my comments?  Cheer me up at 137s1qFV63M6SXWhKkwjaZKEeZX23pq1hw
Don't like my comments, donate to the BCRT (better comment research team) here at 1A1PbZypjEe7yanj69ApVS1FhK8UMW7Wdc Smiley
twolifeinexile

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 02:44:38 PM

So, will we sleep from here?  Prices rose pretty quickly and I think people just don't know anymore if they want to invest or not.  What we see here usually happen during week-ends when fiat doesn't get to the exchanges.  Will it crash?  No new good news in the Bitcoin world, just plain old re-heated stuff.  What do you think?
Apparently the 136$ is the new 13.6$
Chalkbot
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 02:51:10 PM

I think a lot of people still want to buy. When the price moves as quickly as it has, you hear more and more that a correction is just around the corner. Historically that's a pretty good assessment, so the buying slows. With bitcoin, however, most of the slowing (IMO) is people waiting for that correction so they can buy a little lower. We keep having these temporary plateaus where price stays relatively stable for a few days, despite everything going on around bitcoin. More often than not, someone says "fuck it" and buys, then all those people who were waiting for that dip start to panic buy and you get a price explosion up to the next plateau.

This seems to be the pattern over the last several weeks, and I think the mentality is mostly the same still. I'm not sure if this is sustainable or not, it's just what I've been witnessing.
twolifeinexile

Activity: 154

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 03:08:27 PM

I think a lot of people still want to buy. When the price moves as quickly as it has, you hear more and more that a correction is just around the corner. Historically that's a pretty good assessment, so the buying slows. With bitcoin, however, most of the slowing (IMO) is people waiting for that correction so they can buy a little lower. We keep having these temporary plateaus where price stays relatively stable for a few days, despite everything going on around bitcoin. More often than not, someone says "fuck it" and buys, then all those people who were waiting for that dip start to panic buy and you get a price explosion up to the next plateau.

This seems to be the pattern over the last several weeks, and I think the mentality is mostly the same still. I'm not sure if this is sustainable or not, it's just what I've been witnessing.
I would agree on your accessment, the calm is really about waiting the correction, which usually doesn't happen, then if it jumps again, people's hope of correction tarnished and buying again. To be honest, I have some rounds of that behavior. (Though my "panic" buy is really a very small amount.
julius

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 03:15:38 PM

No new good news in the Bitcoin world, just plain old re-heated stuff.  

This. Now would be an ideal moment to get another major actor jumping on board and adopting bitcoin for their business.

The only other reason I can think of for another surge in price would be another batch of news about the Euro crisis: bank deposits in Spain, Portugal or Greece getting seized by the government...
ehoffman (OP)

Activity: 378

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 03:20:58 PM

With the week-end coming about, maybe people are just waiting for it to pass.  We all know the infamous week-end dips.  Will people want to invest knowing that they are better to invest Monday?  Or perhaps they are stocking and waiting for the week-end crash&restore we are seeing lately.

In all cases, Friday seem like a bad time I guess.

Like my comments?  Cheer me up at 137s1qFV63M6SXWhKkwjaZKEeZX23pq1hw
Don't like my comments, donate to the BCRT (better comment research team) here at 1A1PbZypjEe7yanj69ApVS1FhK8UMW7Wdc Smiley
Luckybit

Activity: 714
Merit: 510

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 03:26:12 PM

In my case I ran out of money. The more it slows down the better!
SkRRJyTC
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 03:50:58 PM

No new good news in the Bitcoin world, just plain old re-heated stuff.  

This. Now would be an ideal moment to get another major actor jumping on board and adopting bitcoin for their business.

The only other reason I can think of for another surge in price would be another batch of news about the Euro crisis: bank deposits in Spain, Portugal or Greece getting seized by the government...
lolwut?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=77.0
lowlevel

Activity: 159

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 03:56:40 PM

More often than not, someone says "fuck it" and buys, then all those people who were waiting for that dip start to panic buy and you get a price explosion up to the next plateau.

Fuck it, I'm buying. rofl

Would you rather talk Altcoins? - https://cryptocointalk.com/
deadweasel

Activity: 364

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 04:00:17 PM

More often than not, someone says "fuck it" and buys, then all those people who were waiting for that dip start to panic buy and you get a price explosion up to the next plateau.

not sustainable.  but bitcoin don't care, it's keeps adding blocks...    Grin

Kazu

Activity: 168

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 04:04:29 PM

I agree that the $130s seem pretty stable, and will probably be the trading range for the next few weeks. However, you've got to take into account the weekly dip (every single week bitcoin 'crashes') and the fact that the wall at $150 has shrunk by almost $1M overnight.

CoinLenders - Bitcoin Bank Script / Demo
1v.io/kazu - 15ccW7m6RxDFWEKc3P1NdwWpX1N1pU7gZ8
Chalkbot
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 04:06:15 PM

not sustainable.  but bitcoin don't care, it's keeps adding blocks...    Grin
Yeah, people run out of money! So it would seem unsustainable, but at the same time those very same people are getting their friends and family involved... I know I've got at least 3 people who are now becoming more and more involved and excited with bitcoin. Theoretically that allows quite a bit of room for growth still. Whether it plays out that way or not is another thing altogether.
Qoheleth
Legendary

Activity: 960
Merit: 1028

Spurn wild goose chases. Seek that which endures.

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2013, 05:33:38 PM

Looks more like $47 to me.

I suppose it could be $13.6 though. Depends on how it breaks at the end, and how long it takes to happen.

If there is something that will make Bitcoin succeed, it is growth of utility - greater quantity and variety of goods and services offered for BTC. If there is something that will make Bitcoin fail, it is the prevalence of users convinced that BTC is a magic box that will turn them into millionaires, and of the con-artists who have followed them here to devour them.
ManBearPig

Activity: 350

"Don't go in the trollbox, trollbox, trollbox"

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2013, 06:16:45 PM

It's not a bad call. The jump over 2 days from $100 to $141 almost mirrored a similar move from $1 to $1.41.

1.41 is also the square root of 2 - no, I'm not saying the next jump will be to $200...

I tweet crypto nonsense: https://twitter.com/DunningKruger_
BitSlut69

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 08:26:58 PM

With the rates of difficulty and hash rate we have at the moment, I'm expecting to see $150 today. If the wall at $150 has begun to crumble then there could be another increase. $150 is a nice round number though, we might see some resistance as people build that wall back up.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: