Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 10:10:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitinstant to Mt. Gox problem - lost money  (Read 500 times)
Cfbreen (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 05:11:49 PM

Hello everyone,

I recently attempted to purchased my first bitcoin (exciting right?). Unfortunately, I decided to use the service bitinstant to find my purchase. I went to a local cvs, paid over $145, and followed a rather complicated procedure to find my first transaction.

I received a confirmation email almost immediately saying that the money had been deposited into my Mt. Gox accoun. Bitinstant claimed there was no need for a redeemable coupon, as the money had been directly transferred into my account. I would have preferred this coupon.

No money was put into my Mt. Gox account. I checked hourly in anticipation. I've waited 24 hours, and I'm beginning to feel as though I have been scammed.

Can someone please help me out?  I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks,
Casey

s7ryker

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 06:10:20 PM

Relax money will come
Ardivaba

Activity: 11

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 06:15:46 PM

Mtgox is under ddos attack, has been for a while and will be for a while, this is attempt to destabilize Bitcoin value.
Your money will come.
Cfbreen (OP)

Activity: 2

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 09:08:31 PM

Thanks! I certainly hope they come through - it's been quite a while and I'm starting to get nervous. I've sent emails, called, etc. but I'm getting nothing in return. I'd at least appreciate it if they'd let me know what was going on.
3waystocross

Activity: 13

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 09:20:52 PM

i did bitinstant w/ moneygram for the first time like 2 days ago
funds were in my mtgox account before i got home

i think they're legit.  you'll definitely get an email from them saying the transaction went through so you don't need to refresh the mtgox site or anything.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: