Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 08:31:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [PAID] Litecoin bounty [25 LTC] for porting brainwallet.org to litecoins  (Read 2748 times)
chriswilmer (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2013, 05:30:53 PM
Last edit: July 08, 2013, 05:22:14 AM by chriswilmer

EDIT: This thread was dormant for a long time so I unfunded the bounty address. I am still willing to give 25 LTC to someone who develops a brainwallet, but this is just a heads up that the bounty address is no longer in service.

EDIT2: Bounty paid! It's 90% there right now... I'm excited, harningt is working on getting it all the way there.

Hey Guys,

Willing to pay 25 LTC to the first person to port brainwallet.prg to litecoins. I am actually less interested in the brainwallet aspects and more interested in the ability to digitally sign offline transactions. If there was an interface to an electrum-style server where I can safely broadcast the transaction I will double the bounty (and use the said mechanism to send the litecoins).

25-50 litecoins is currently about $100-$200 USD... think about it!
weex
Legendary

Activity: 1102
Merit: 1014

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 11:18:47 PM

If I can make one suggestion, create an address for this bounty using https://github.com/weex/addrgen and post the address so a) the developer can see that the funds exist and b) others can add to the bounty. I'll add 10 ltc when it's up.

Btw, this is how I created my bounty address. I sent the award by creating a fresh wallet.dat and importing the privkey with importprivkey.
chriswilmer (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2013, 11:26:55 PM

That's a good suggestion. I think I can do that. (and thanks for potentially contributing to the bounty!)
chriswilmer (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2013, 10:40:41 PM

Bounty address created!!

http://ltc.block-explorer.com/address/LQz67QYyEuUHEJ8STv11PNsVVP6VoD2Biz

If you need a signed message to prove that I control the address, I'll do it of course. I'm just running out the door right now and I don't want to figure out how to do it with Litecoin-qt at this moment.
chriswilmer (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2013, 07:03:17 AM

Bump. Is the bounty too low? Any interest from anyone?
crazy_rabbit
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001

RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 07:51:04 AM

Bump. Is the bounty too low? Any interest from anyone?

bounty too low.

more or less retired.
weex
Legendary

Activity: 1102
Merit: 1014

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 05:30:14 AM

Added 9.99.
alphabeta

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 04:00:03 PM

bump!

The bounty address had 34.99 LTC, but was emptied on 2013-06-18 15:07:39, and now has 0 LTC - http://litecoinscout.com/address/LQz67QYyEuUHEJ8STv11PNsVVP6VoD2Biz

Is there now a litecoin version of brainwallet.org?   URL to code, please!
chriswilmer (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2013, 04:24:15 PM

My apologies, I thought this was basically dead.

Incidentally, I didn't realize that anybody had donated. Weex, please PM me an address where I can return your 10 litecoins.

If anyone has been working on a brainwallet clone of litecoin quietly because of this bounty, please PM me. I would certainly still honor it!

-Chris
chriswilmer (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2013, 06:56:20 PM

My apologies, I thought this was basically dead.

Incidentally, I didn't realize that anybody had donated. Weex, please PM me an address where I can return your 10 litecoins.

If anyone has been working on a brainwallet clone of litecoin quietly because of this bounty, please PM me. I would certainly still honor it!

-Chris

Hey, I'll write a standalone application if that will suffice.

If the standalone application is multi-platform and opensource (like the brainwallet.org) utility, then sure, I would be happy to donate 25 LTC for that. Please note that I am returning weex's 10 LTC donation, however.
harningt

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 07, 2013, 11:15:24 PM

I'll take it on. Taking brainwallet and making it do Litecoin addresses. Should be done, at worst, by Monday night. Anticipate tonight Smiley
harningt

View Profile
July 08, 2013, 01:25:01 AM

Let me know if this bounty is still present.

I have put together a slightly modified version of bitcoinjs-lib (had to figure out how to compile the many many scripts together) to allow a default address-type to be configured... then I had to apply minor tweaks to brainwallet.org's code to use the new locations of things in bitcoinjs-lib + fix the default public address filled in the signing page.

NOTE: The transaction construction currently does not work due to it interacting w/ blockchain.info ... and clicking on addresses right now in the signature verification window points you to blockchain.info ... with a litecoin address... with no indication from them that all is wrong.
harningt

View Profile
July 08, 2013, 02:30:29 AM

Got the blockchain.info usage fixed.. but transaction building is a no-go due to no existing web services for Litecoin getting transaction details... on the other hand, transaction signing w/ pre-created data will work just perfectly.

Funny discovery w/ this - nobody has paid into the "correct horse battery staple" wallets for Litecoin Smiley
chriswilmer (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2013, 04:07:32 AM

Oh cool!

Yes, I will definitely pay the bounty for this. Can you post your tool online so we can play with it?
chriswilmer (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2013, 04:57:17 AM

Let me know if this bounty is still present.

I have put together a slightly modified version of bitcoinjs-lib (had to figure out how to compile the many many scripts together) to allow a default address-type to be configured... then I had to apply minor tweaks to brainwallet.org's code to use the new locations of things in bitcoinjs-lib + fix the default public address filled in the signing page.

NOTE: The transaction construction currently does not work due to it interacting w/ blockchain.info ... and clicking on addresses right now in the signature verification window points you to blockchain.info ... with a litecoin address... with no indication from them that all is wrong.

Hey harningt, I checked out your demo. It's great! (can I post a link to it?)

I just realized something... the interaction with blockchain.info isn't actually necessary for offline transaction signing. I realize the brainwallet.org utility tries to get that from blockchain.info, but if it fails, you can paste in the transaction history manually (this is actually how I do it, since my btc brainwallet.org website can't access blockchain.info anyway).

I will up the bounty to 40 LTC (and maybe weex will throw in another 10 if we ask him nicely) if you can add:

1) Manual adding of transaction histories to make offline transaction signing work
2) Tell me how I can generate a properly formatted transaction history using the litecoint-qt client (OR some other way)? [this is so that I can actually use this to do offline transaction signing]

If you think this can't be done for some reason, or just don't want. I'll send you 25 LTC anyway.
harningt

View Profile
July 08, 2013, 05:08:45 AM

Heh, was poking around the transaction management and had a transaction signed, but litecoind rejected (so will have to check out what's going on there)

Sure, here's the site for all to try http://www.eharning.us/brainwallet-ltc

Currently the "Transaction" tab is removed since the behavior is quite hosed. Will be poking around litecoind commands to see about generating proper transaction data to sign. Looks like listunspent might be the right RPC / litecoind command... though it looks to only work w/ addresses w/ full private key... Will let you know of updates.
chriswilmer (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2013, 05:17:59 AM

Heh, was poking around the transaction management and had a transaction signed, but litecoind rejected (so will have to check out what's going on there)

Sure, here's the site for all to try http://www.eharning.us/brainwallet-ltc

Currently the "Transaction" tab is removed since the behavior is quite hosed. Will be poking around litecoind commands to see about generating proper transaction data to sign. Looks like listunspent might be the right RPC / litecoind command... though it looks to only work w/ addresses w/ full private key... Will let you know of updates.

Hey everyone, can we please have a round of applause for harningt? Also, if anyone else wants to add incentives for harningt to go the last mile, please post to this thread! (I've already sent him 25 LTC!)
harningt

View Profile
July 08, 2013, 05:29:44 AM

Thanks Smiley

As an aside - you mentioned "Electrum style server" ... I have one I'm working on testing out right now in fact - your little fund will give me a chance to make sure transactions flow from an Electrum server to a slightly hacked electrum client Smiley - for which the server would be required for Litecoin support in my Bitcoinstarter - a little busy w/ side projects toward a common goal Smiley

Will let you know as soon as I get status on building proper input for the transaction system... in the mean time.. I suppose I can enable it for anybody wanting to play around.
harningt

View Profile
July 08, 2013, 05:50:32 AM

Just now I uncovered the official API (http://blockchain.info/api/blockchain_api) on what is supposed to be returned for the info call for transactions and am working on figuring out how to get my electrum / abe server returning this info... then once that's done I can provide the tools to do the offline transaction management.

... most likely it'll be a Python tool that hooks up to the Litecoin-flavored Electrum APIs and talks to my Litecoin-electrum server.
chriswilmer (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2013, 05:59:16 AM

Just now I uncovered the official API (http://blockchain.info/api/blockchain_api) on what is supposed to be returned for the info call for transactions and am working on figuring out how to get my electrum / abe server returning this info... then once that's done I can provide the tools to do the offline transaction management.

... most likely it'll be a Python tool that hooks up to the Litecoin-flavored Electrum APIs and talks to my Litecoin-electrum server.

Nice!
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: