Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 01:38:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Whats a satoshi worth?  (Read 5252 times)
zif33rs (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 11:07:43 PM

Ok..everyone has predictions of what the value of what bitcoin will be worth today, tomorrow and a year from now. I am not about to try and say where I think we all know we are going, but it really struck home when I noticed that $1 = 730,000 satoshi's today.

Think about that for a moment...

It just strikes me that there indeed might be a day when $1 = 10,000 satoshi's...or less. Its not that far of a leap from here.

New to bitcoin? Want to mine? Not sure where to start out?
Check out www.hostedmining.com
Donations and Tips  btc - 1MkjKHpZbSaRepeYaAcmRMcqt8o3HKQCF   ltc  - LNz48TP8MZmke38qbZD5gXi53KrktbJG7V  ftc  - 6iDt92cyDvxXkrDhCzMh4zEmK1b9PqShs4
jackofspades

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 11:31:24 PM

Lets all hope so!!!

Ten years from now when every country and citizen
is using The BTC system, most people wont even know what a Bitcoin is
and they will only be familiar with Satoshi's
Like how banks (at least here in America) have huge denomination
bill but they are only used to perform big transactions
and the majority of the public isn't even aware these huge bills exist.

I see a similar thing happening 15-20 years down the road when the
last few thousand bitcoins are being mined, most people will have never owned
a whole BTC (except us 'early adopters')
600watt
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 2106

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 12:53:47 AM

the entire joyride will end as soon bitcoins are getting percepted not only valuable (thats of course our feeling, the feeling of owners) but also as expensive (for all of those that would like to become owners. its a psychological barrier. if we start talking about
 millibitcoins (mbitcoins, mbtc), we would make it attraktive to the masses. it´s a language thing: stop talking about bitcoins, the new era is the mbitcoin. that will flaten out the scary graphs for a little time. people who own btc should manifest their treasure by strictly insisting on mbtc from now on.

you can currently buy 100 mbtc for 14 bucks

or 1 mbtc = 14 cent. sounds cheap enough!  

when the world accepts mtbc we will own...  
Luckybit

Activity: 714
Merit: 510

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 02:55:10 AM

Ok..everyone has predictions of what the value of what bitcoin will be worth today, tomorrow and a year from now. I am not about to try and say where I think we all know we are going, but it really struck home when I noticed that $1 = 730,000 satoshi's today.

It just strikes me that there indeed might be a day when $1 = 10,000 satoshi's...or less. Its not that far of a leap from here.

If that day is coming then what of the people who have thousands of Bitcoins?
Luckybit

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 02:58:31 AM

the entire joyride will end as soon bitcoins are getting percepted not only valuable (thats of course our feeling, the feeling of owners) but also as expensive (for all of those that would like to become owners. its a psychological barrier. if we start talking about
 millibitcoins (mbitcoins, mbtc), we would make it attraktive to the masses. it´s a language thing: stop talking about bitcoins, the new era is the mbitcoin. that will flaten out the scary graphs for a little time. people who own btc should manifest their treasure by strictly insisting on mbtc from now on.

I'm not sure we are the early adopters. I would say the early adopters are the ones who have thousands of BTC. The same with the other coins, if you don't own at least 10,000 can you say you're early? or late? What we need to figure out is how late is too late?
Kazu

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 03:21:04 AM

I'm not sure we are the early adopters. I would say the early adopters are the ones who have thousands of BTC. The same with the other coins, if you don't own at least 10,000 can you say you're early? or late? What we need to figure out is how late is too late?
I own thousands of mBTC Cheesy

CoinLenders - Bitcoin Bank Script / Demo
1v.io/kazu - 15ccW7m6RxDFWEKc3P1NdwWpX1N1pU7gZ8
XXthetimeisnowXX

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

a wolf in sheeps clothing. suckerfish

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 03:40:44 AM

true, if bitcoin stays and is not the "myspace" of decentralized currencies (i hope that ltc is not the face book) than is 200 to late? what if the world decided to use bitcoins not exclusively bit say like paypall or a credit card maybe a tenth of the payment options. is it possible that they could go to 100k per coin. than 200 would absolutely not be to late.

my opinion is that people will do two things, one is look at is as an investment and second try to inovate it into there business, because if you accept bitcoins for say a tire shop and they pay 3 bitcoins for a new set of tiers (420 usd current price) and bitcoins go to 200 per each then he just sold tiers for 600 dollars. thats why any smart business accepts bitcoins right now. the gains will far out weigh the losses in the long term up to say five years.
Luckybit

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 04:46:50 AM

It could reach Paypal levels in a couple years, that is what is scary.

How will you deal with it if BTC really does reach $1 million?  What are you supposed to do?
Chances are by then most people will have spent theirs up and will be on LTC or PPC, but what if?
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2013, 05:55:36 AM

It could reach Paypal levels in a couple years, that is what is scary.

How will you deal with it if BTC really does reach $1 million?  What are you supposed to do?
Chances are by then most people will have spent theirs up and will be on LTC or PPC, but what if?

Everyone agrees at that point to add a couple of decimal points.

Though, I suspect that if BTC does reach $1 million it will coincide with bread costing $1,000.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
Bowjob

Activity: 294

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 08:09:41 AM

Maybe we can express numbers in satoshis. 700k sBTC = $1

It seemed like a good idea at the time.
seldon

Activity: 353

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 09:43:09 AM

If that day is coming then what of the people who have thousands of Bitcoins?

I would think most will cash out on the way there - and why shouldn't they? Not meaning converting to fiat, but buying a nice house, cars or whatever you like.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: