Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 03:40:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can you identify me? 2.5BTC reward.  (Read 4057 times)
BlindMixerDR (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 11:12:32 PM
Last edit: April 06, 2013, 08:53:15 PM by BlindMixerDR

Hello. Like in this thread I want to see if it is possible for me to be completely anonymous.

Like the original challenge, the reward will be given to the person that provides:

• forum account id of 'real me'
  • any IP-address that could be traced to my real identity by authorities
  • my 'real' email address

I will use the same rules:

• Rules are to be interpreted by me, in case of dispute, I am right, you are wrong
  • you must post here one of the above infos and a bitcoin address to which the bounty should be sent
  • you must provide a credible story of how you obtained the info
  • a 'hunch' is not enough, no guessing
  • I can change these rules at any time and will do so in OP (Original Post, the one you're reading)
  • the state of the OP at the time of claim is decisive for the rules, so please quote OP when claiming bounty

If you can find out my real name and/or address and/or telephone number, then PM me for some/all the reward.

Also like the original, I'll give away small amounts of bitcoin (0.05-0.1 BTC) to people pointing out flaws/mistakes/possible improvements regarding my anonymity. These rewards will come from the total 2.5BTC reward, so the sooner someone identifies me the more bitcoins they get.

Eventually I will allow theymos to release all info held about me, blindmixerdr (connection logs & times etc). But not yet. Also, I will soon publish the address of a bitcoin mixing service (onion address). Maybe that will give more clues.

Please note that I am trying very hard to be anonymous. But I will say that I am a long time user of this forum.

New extra rules:
  • Anything without "hard evidence" will be ignored, even if the "guess" is correct (note double quotes, even if I am only quoting "hard evidence" by Wardrick!). It needs to be something that would be strong enough to make the authorities knock on my door.
  • If you are sure you are correct but you don't have "hard evidence", then make a 0.005BTC donation to the Free Software Foundation https://my.fsf.org/donate/other/ (bitcoin address 1PC9aZC4hNX2rmmrt7uHTfYAS3hRbph4UN) or to torservers.net  https://www.torservers.net/donate.html (bitcoin address 14fadryvAkoXye2XtH4qSwSerhi7BX4rtG) and paste the transaction ID of the donation in your message. That will attract my attention, but you must still give a credible explanation. (these sites use a single bitcoin address for all donations)
  • To avoid people making lots of extra user accounts and making lots of guesses, only accounts registered before the UTC time of this post (see post number 22 of this thread) are allowed to participate.

I have created a file with my username in it:

Code:
user@host$ (echo "My username is XXX"; dd if=/dev/random bs=512 count=1|base64) > whoami.txt
user@host$ sha256sum whoami.txt
d384d430d9b421fbe8f14014fd2784105af218352fb4168ab086c28cdf427fcd  whoami.txt
user@host$

I will show the file whoami.txt if
  • You show hard evidence and you are correct or
  • You show some evidence and make the donation and you are correct
I will decide what is "strong" evidence. "Some" evidence is needed just to demonstrate you are not doing stupid random guesses.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Teka

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 12:12:40 AM

Hello. Like in this thread I want to see if it is possible for me to be completely anonymous.

Like the original challenge, the reward will be given to the person that provides:

• Rules are to be interpreted by me, in case of dispute, I am right, you are wrong
  • you must post here one of the above infos and a bitcoin address to which the bounty should be sent
  • I can change these rules at any time and will do so in OP (Original Post, the one you're reading)
  • the state of the OP at the time of claim is decisive for the rules, so please quote OP when claiming bounty

If you can find out my real name and/or address and/or telephone number, then PM me for some/all the reward.

Also like the original, I'll give away small amounts of bitcoin (0.05-0.1 BTC) to people pointing out flaws/mistakes/possible improvements regarding my anonymity. These rewards will come from the total 2.5BTC reward, so the sooner someone identifies me the more bitcoins they get.

Eventually I will allow theymos to release all info held about me, blindmixerdr (connection logs & times etc). But not yet. Also, I will soon publish the address of a bitcoin mixing service (onion address). Maybe that will give more clues.

Please note that I am trying very hard to be anonymous. But I will say that I am a long time user of this forum.

For starters I bet you're not using a proxy or a vpn to acess this forum so the mods can probably see you real ip.
GambitBTC

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 12:29:54 AM

My guess is you are TradeFortress.
BlindMixerDR (OP)

Activity: 42

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 12:36:13 AM

Rules:

For starters I bet you're not using a proxy or a vpn to acess this forum so the mods can probably see you real ip.
The mods can also claim the reward. Or you can try to bribe a mod to get the informations that you need.
GambitBTC

Activity: 476

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 12:40:44 AM

Rules:

The mods can also claim the reward. Or you can try to bribe a mod to get the informations that you need.

Okay well my educated decision based on your posts is that you are TradeFortress.
Teka

Activity: 840

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 12:41:34 AM

Rules:

In that case you need to change the description because you clearly stated that:

I'll give away small amounts of bitcoin (0.05-0.1 BTC) to people pointing out flaws/mistakes/possible improvements regarding my anonymity

Saying that you're not using a vpn or a proxy is clearly pointing out a flaw.

Aztec

Activity: 56

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 01:53:02 AM

You are Satoshi

Email Satoshi@BFL-orders.com
greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 02:22:18 AM

Disclosure: You are Atlas

Reason:

I can change these rules at any time and will do so in OP (Original Post, the one you're reading)
the state of the OP at the time of claim is decisive for the rules, so please quote OP when claiming bounty

It doesn't get any more Atlas than this.
jasinlee

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

Its as easy as 0, 1, 1, 2, 3

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 02:33:10 AM

PMing you.

BTC 1JASiNZxmAN1WBS4dmGEDoPpzN3GV7dnjX DVC 1CxxZzqcy7YEVXfCn5KvgRxjeWvPpniK3                     Earn Devcoins Devtome.com
Wardrick
Legendary

Activity: 1022

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 03:00:13 AM

If someone can find all my forum accounts from other forums and any other information I'll give them $20.00 in BTC or $20.00 Liberty Reserve on the original 2.5 BTC
jasinlee

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 03:14:36 AM

Scott J.
Dastanx
wachtwoord
fsb4000
bowjob

BTC 1JASiNZxmAN1WBS4dmGEDoPpzN3GV7dnjX DVC 1CxxZzqcy7YEVXfCn5KvgRxjeWvPpniK3                     Earn Devcoins Devtome.com
salsacz

Activity: 490
Merit: 504

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 03:22:42 AM

JMZ93
csmart93
BlindMixer
MelMan2002

Activity: 461
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 05:10:18 AM

You are OpenYourEyes.  Here are the pieces, ordered roughly from strongest to weakest:

• Both profiles have the same local time (seems to be the UK)
  • OpenYourEyes was very active on the forums until March 20th, which is almost exactly the same date that BlindMixerDR seems to have gotten out of the newbie section
  • OpenYourEyes has not responded on this thread yet but was very active in the findmeifyoucan thread and is often active on other puzzle with bounty type of threads
  • Both accounts use CamelCase style names
  • Grammar is very similar in use of commas, emoticons, slashes, and general writing level
  • Both write currency values with the number butted-up against the currency code in all caps, e.g. 100BTC or 25CAD
  • Both accounts discuss similar topics - software related and rather knowledgeable technically
  • Another similar topic was specifically escrow and OpenYourEyes even mentioned a new project that they were working on that had to do with escrow
  • Both have talked about litecoin, which although is fairly common knowledge in the bitcoin community, not many usually bother mentioning it

my address:
1MQioU7fMKdhPodwMUhsJKdUhNg5ybjdNc

19F6veduCZcudwXuWoVosjmzziQz4EhBPS
ABitBack

Activity: 524
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 07:04:34 AM

Ok I think I have you but I'm not going to just post it Mr Paul S...? Of #24?
Need I go on?

deepceleron
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1025

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2013, 10:06:49 AM
Last edit: April 06, 2013, 07:41:56 PM by deepceleron

You are Octavian - a difficult match since the other account has few posts:

1 - uncommon hyphenation in the word IP-address, over-hyphenation elsewhere,
2 - frequent use of slash/stroke to separate two options,
3 - 'single quotes' where they aren't needed, or when other posters would use "double quotes",
4 - And beginning sentence fragments with conjunction
5 - account was logged into yesterday (not abandoned...)

Just one example:

Subject: Are there security issues with Bitcoin for Free / Faucet-Services?
Hi WikileaksDude,
 I just asked a question - why getting personal?
There might be some 'Free Bitcoins'-sites which track BTC addresses when they are reused for the transactions history.
And the sites have the corresponding user's IP-address also...
Have a good day.

IRL?
https://twitter.com/OctavianMihai

There are very thin threads connecting this IRL Octavian - exposure to Bitcoin through producing TWiST, but there are the single quotes all over the twitter. I'm choosing Mihai over Octavian Cara who is in the UK; the OP is leaking multilingual grammar.
swissmate

Activity: 364

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 10:31:09 AM

casascius
juggalodarkclow
Legendary

Activity: 980

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 12:46:54 PM

MXRider
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=52194

Wardrick
Legendary

Activity: 1022

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 01:00:50 PM

He's actually looking for hard evidence that traces his account back to his original one, not similarities.

Basically it's the same situation as if someone scammed and made a new account, and now you have to find out who it is.
jasinlee

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 07:42:10 PM

37.123.170.220 IP

deepceleron
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1025

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2013, 07:48:47 PM

37.123.170.220 IP
Congrats, he hit my PM webbug also, it's a TOR exit node.

Code:
2013-04-06 12:42:22: 37.123.170.220
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: