Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 09:15:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is there new people coming to Bitcoin?  (Read 8830 times)
leex1528 (OP)

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 16, 2016, 10:55:53 PM

So just curious.  I know its almost impossible to tell how many people are actually using Bitcoin in the entire world. Maybe this might be a forum moderator question as well I suppose.  Are new people actively joining this Forum?  Are new people actually coming on to Bitcoin.  I have talked with several of my friends about it and had a couple of them even bite for a bit, but they quickly forget about it and they move on.  I guess I am just curious if Bitcoin trend is growing still or if it is more stable, or at a standstill.

Thoughts?
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
November 16, 2016, 11:02:33 PM

you can check a lot of forum stats here - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=stats

looks pretty steady for now.

http://www.bitcoinpulse.com/ - this used to be a lot more informative, but it still has some useful info.

i don't think anything radical is happening right now overall, just the usual slow growth upwards.
n691309
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 16, 2016, 11:11:41 PM

We can't say that new people are coming to bitcoin but this number maybe is not increasing rapidly but growing normally because there is nothing that could make people rushing and learn/invest in bitcoin.
Meuh6879
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1011

View Profile
November 16, 2016, 11:16:06 PM

Are new people actively joining this Forum?

n691309
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 16, 2016, 11:57:38 PM

We can't say that new people are coming to bitcoin but this number maybe is not increasing rapidly but growing normally because there is nothing that could make people rushing and learn/invest in bitcoin.

It can be rapidly increasing or it cannot be. But with what's happening today, bitcoin is rapidly being known by many people and companies who are ready to adopt it. But we don't have statistics for it and we are just basing to the news that are coming out.

Actually we don't know how many people learn/heard bitcoin for the first time but people using it mostly use bitcoin directly or third party apps, and I don't believe that it is rapidly change as there is not "big" news that had affected this.
MingLee

Activity: 490
Merit: 520

View Profile
November 17, 2016, 12:00:40 AM

So just curious.  I know its almost impossible to tell how many people are actually using Bitcoin in the entire world. Maybe this might be a forum moderator question as well I suppose.  Are new people actively joining this Forum?  Are new people actually coming on to Bitcoin.  I have talked with several of my friends about it and had a couple of them even bite for a bit, but they quickly forget about it and they move on.  I guess I am just curious if Bitcoin trend is growing still or if it is more stable, or at a standstill.

Thoughts?
I would assume the community is growing, although maybe not at a constant and large rate. It could be sporadic; with a ton of new users joining when a big event happens or platonic growth overall. There was some chart I saw a while ago that showed the growth of the forum as per new accounts, it was decent but a lot were probably multi-accounts from existing users.

Community is likely growing, is the forum growing? Probably, but I don't spend enough time looking to know.
yayayo
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1024

View Profile
November 17, 2016, 12:02:43 AM

Forum registration statistic are a very bad estimate for new users joining the community. There are many spammers that constantly register new alt accounts. The new posts or page views vs. new members ratio shows extreme variations which almost surely indicates mass registration of alt accounts during certain periods.

Besides, this forum is not the only possible place that draws in new Bitcoiners. New people might chose to seek information from other websites and never visit this forum. After all, the Bitcoin ecosystem has grown significantly in the last years.

I'm sure that there are new people coming to Bitcoin. At least I see increased interest regarding the currency in my personal environment...

ya.ya.yo!

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
Clement Kaliyar

Activity: 1302
Merit: 532

View Profile
November 17, 2016, 12:05:16 AM

you can check a lot of forum stats here - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=stats

looks pretty steady for now.

http://www.bitcoinpulse.com/ - this used to be a lot more informative, but it still has some useful info.

i don't think anything radical is happening right now overall, just the usual slow growth upwards.
i am not sure whether there is a relation between the growth of bitcointalk as a forum and bitcoin. if you want to fully understand the growth of bitcoin you have to consider making a click counter when someone downloads a wallet even then there are online wallets and i am sure that people will be using exchanges to store their coins to it is not easy to find the actual growth.
European Central Bank
Legendary

View Profile
November 17, 2016, 12:09:55 AM

i am not sure whether there is a relation between the growth of bitcointalk as a forum and bitcoin. if you want to fully understand the growth of bitcoin you have to consider making a click counter when someone downloads a wallet even then there are online wallets and i am sure that people will be using exchanges to store their coins to it is not easy to find the actual growth.

it's loose but doesn't hurt as a stat. there are probably 2-3x more lurkers than people actually signing up too.

there's degrees really. how many download a wallet that ends up with some bitcoin in it? maybe 1 in 10, maybe more, maybe alot less. maybe it takes someone a couple of years from hearing the word bitcoin to actually ending up with some.

leex1528 (OP)

Activity: 784

View Profile
November 17, 2016, 12:34:22 AM

All good responses.  Most of that was my thinking as well.  I was sort of trying to see if like the forum Admin's have a better idea of how many people are joining this site, mostly because I am assuming a lot of people have more than 1 account, or possible many accounts on here. 

My guess is Bitcoin is standing nearly still, with a few people here and there joining the cause, but I was just hoping for a definite answer

Thanks
torontobitcoinmanager

Activity: 66
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2016, 12:37:20 AM

I am new!!
I also explained the whole idea to my friends and within 2 months I helped purchasing over 130 bitcoins. Also buying s9s
European Central Bank
Legendary

View Profile
November 17, 2016, 12:38:24 AM

there's a lot of people, both positive and negative for bitcoin, who'd pay alot of money for definitive information about bitcoin user numbers. no one will ever know for sure.

as for this site, if it's 900,000 or so users, then when we throw in account farmers, alts accounts and troll spammers, maybe there are 1-200,000 'real' users and that's from minute one so alot will have stopped posting.
romero121
Legendary

Activity: 3164
Merit: 1213

View Profile
November 17, 2016, 01:09:50 AM

New people getting into bitcoin is continuing gradually. Every user can't be seen in our forum, there are a lot of users who are using bitcoin but use other sources for bitcoin related information. When there is good, something negative too exists. There are people who doesn't have proper knowledge on these coins, fear of decentralization and stay out. This needs to change.
groll

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 17, 2016, 01:44:01 AM

New people getting into bitcoin is continuing gradually. Every user can't be seen in our forum, there are a lot of users who are using bitcoin but use other sources for bitcoin related information. When there is good, something negative too exists. There are people who doesn't have proper knowledge on these coins, fear of decentralization and stay out. This needs to change.

I think there is no need to have a change in the decentralization of bitcoin. Since this feature makes it unique from other currencies, we don't have to change it  into a centralized form. All we need to do is to inform the rookies about all the good things in bitcoin. Feed them with proper knowledge about bitcoin so the negative ideas will be replaced by positive ones. Continuing to promote bitcoin and its strengths will encourage many people to join the community.
mrcash02

Activity: 1190
Merit: 525

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
November 17, 2016, 01:55:29 AM

there's a lot of people, both positive and negative for bitcoin, who'd pay alot of money for definitive information about bitcoin user numbers. no one will ever know for sure.

as for this site, if it's 900,000 or so users, then when we throw in account farmers, alts accounts and troll spammers, maybe there are 1-200,000 'real' users and that's from minute one so alot will have stopped posting.

I think it's +/- this amount of real users on forum and most of this number (100.000-200.000) inactives. Many Bitcoin users aren't or don't want to be connected with the crypto-currencies community, they just want to buy some BTCs, hold it and make profit. I see many people on social medias talking, but they aren't here on forum.

But I'm sure more people start using Bitcoins each new day, even if they don't use online forums.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Doms

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 17, 2016, 02:04:19 AM

A friend of mine recently got interested in bitcoin again, mainly due to gambling. He has been asking me a lot of questions lately and it is good that his interest is there again. Another friend of mine also bought a few bitcoins along with his brother and said that he has been holding it and just waiting for the price to increase.
outatime1

Activity: 364
Merit: 254

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
November 17, 2016, 02:14:00 AM

I assume that there are gradually more and more people learning about bitcoin and trying it out. I think there will be a growing acceptance but it will take time.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
The_Dark_Knight

Activity: 840
Merit: 502

View Profile
November 17, 2016, 02:40:51 AM

There is no way to measure the number of people coming to bitcoin, there are some stats like the amount of wallets or the amount of users here, personally I prefer to use price as the indicator, bitcoin has ups and down but right now is in the 700+ and it seems its going to keep there that means that enough people are coming to bitcoin to hold such price.
~Bitcoin~
Legendary

Activity: 994

View Profile
November 17, 2016, 03:02:15 AM

Looking at stats of this forum here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=stats
It seems fewer people are registering but this can't give correct number of new people who are getting interested in bitcoin and for sure it is really high number than this 300+ on average per day.

Only few of those newbie came to know about bitcointalk or think about joining this forum on starting days. Most of them will just register on web wallets and trading platform to just buy bitcoin and store for future. Blockchain.info wallet have recently announced they have 8 million+ wallets and also number have been increased dramatically recently, which could be enough to figure out really high numbers of new people are joining bitcoin trend.

Juggy777

Activity: 2646
Merit: 686

View Profile
November 17, 2016, 03:06:26 AM

Thoughts?

Intresting question op. The thing is it difficult to say whether new people would be coming in or not, as it's difficult to gauge the number of people coming in or not. Yes new people remember Bitcoin and then they forget it also. But I feel the trend is new people are coming to Bitcoin and sooner or later every one shall mostly be using just Bitcoin only
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: