Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 01:17:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [SOLD] A piece of Bitcoin history. Video card that found Block 210000  (Read 9450 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
DobZombie

Activity: 896
Merit: 532

Former curator of The Bitcoin Museum

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 10:55:40 AM

I just saw this thread and picked it up from bitmit.

I do like collecting this sort of stuff and do expect to display it in my office. I remember being on IRC last Nov and telling theymos you were the guy who mined that lucky block. He was looking for you to give you that title.

I will ask that you please make the certificate and whatever else look decent as I plan to frame it all.

Thanks.

Im glad you are the one that got it.  Itll be in the mail tomorrow, or Monday.  Ill do my best to make a snazzy COA.  Any request on the size of the COA, so itll fit in the frame?

Sorry for the delay. Just back from the lake. I would say smaller than a4 paper size but not less than 50 percent. Also if you could add the serial number to that and what not.  Im in no hurry and would rather you take your time and make it look nice. Thanks.

Oh man, I wish I could have gotten this for The Bitcoin Museum.  Would make a fine piece for all to view

Tip Me if believe BTC1 will hit $1 Million by 2030
1DobZomBiE2gngvy6zDFKY5b76yvDbqRra

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DobZombie

Activity: 896
Merit: 532

Former curator of The Bitcoin Museum

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 02:14:16 PM

Oh man, I wish I could have gotten this for The Bitcoin Museum.  Would make a fine piece for all to view

Well, there's always that piece of bitcoin performance art of mine at the top of this page Grin

Actually I'm about to start pulling it apart as I need to rewire the LX9 board for JTAG to do some testing. I'll try not to disturb the EP4CE10 board though, just in case it does become "collectable" in the future  Roll Eyes (I'll hang on to it myself for now though).

Oh lawd, I don't think my museum is worthy of your artefact!

Lawl  Wink

Tip Me if believe BTC1 will hit $1 Million by 2030
1DobZomBiE2gngvy6zDFKY5b76yvDbqRra
Littleshop
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2013, 04:14:01 PM

How could you possibly prove that this particular card found the block?

Can not be proven but since it was being bought from the person KNOWN to be the account holder that found the block that is close enough.  This type of scenario plays out with movie memorabilia as well and you do not have a SN to prove anything just the public chain of custody.    The SN should be publicly posted by the seller so it will keep its value. 

laughingbear (OP)
Deflationary champion

Activity: 622
Merit: 500

www.cryptobetfair.com

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2013, 05:31:38 PM

I just sent out your package Goat.  By the time you got back to me about the coa, I had already went out and bought the fancy coa paper, printed it off, and sealed it up for package.  It was a horizontal 8 x 10.  If you want it any different size, or dont like the design, i would be more than happy to sign anything that you come up with and return it you.  Id even pay for shipping.  I added the serial numbers on the coa.  Pics of the serial numbers are on page 2 of this thread, but I ill also add them here.

SN# 181026 010428

I know there are a lot of scams out there in this community, but this is not one. I swear upon all that is holy,  I mined the block, and I used this card.  I have signed and dated a document confirming that. Laughing Bear is my real name.  If I were to ever try and sell another card claiming that it was the block finder, Goat would have a great fraud case against me. 

Congrats on this purchase goat, I am very glad that it is going to someone that will take care of it.
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 06:06:47 PM

Awesome find goat.  Congrats.

If the COA isn't to your liking them just make another one something that would be museum quality, I am sure LB wouldn't mind signing it if you destroy the original (so only one COA remains).  The block of an era.  Soon (3 years) we will be looking at 12.5 BTC blocks and it will likely require an entire datacenter rack with more than 1 PH/s to have any reasonable chance of finding a block.  It will be cool to see the single graphics card which solved the last 50 BTC block.
willphase

Activity: 767

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 11:16:29 PM

maybe I should auction my original Times from 2009 - for the museum?

https://i.imgur.com/tWCACH5.jpg

Will

DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 11:17:12 PM
Last edit: August 27, 2013, 02:42:12 AM by DeathAndTaxes

Oh man, I wish I could have gotten this for The Bitcoin Museum.  Would make a fine piece for all to view

Will

Nice.  I would bid on that.  Would need some better pics to judge its condition.  Assumming it is frame worthy it would be a pretty cool piece of memorabilia.
phelix
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1019

View Profile
August 27, 2013, 07:01:49 AM

Will

that is pretty cool.
+1 Could you make a proper scan of it?
DoomDumas
Legendary

Activity: 1002
Merit: 1000

Bitcoin

View Profile
August 27, 2013, 12:41:29 PM

The block halving + time =/= the current price.  Roll Eyes

Let's the next halving prove you wrong Wink
Taras
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1053

Please do not PM me loan requests!

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2013, 06:58:37 AM

Will
More physical history Shocked
wachtwoord
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125

View Profile
August 30, 2013, 08:53:17 PM

Will

Newspapers of classic events usually aren't worth much unless they are mint condition so indeed the quality is very important. This quote will be world famous though in a10-20 years I think ... (everyone will learn it in school)

How much are you looking to get?
laughingbear (OP)
Deflationary champion

Activity: 622

www.cryptobetfair.com

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2013, 09:18:46 PM

In the mail I got a package from "LaughingBear" and it was addressed to "Goat". Had to sign for it and of course was in my "FriedCat" t-shirt. The mail man must think I'm nuts. He was giving me very odd looks and at the time I could not figure out why.

But other than that the card looks good and the COA is pretty nice. In the future I might send this back to you and have you re-sign a new one for display purposes. I'm not yet sure what size I will need.

Thanks for the awesome peace of history!

I am glad it arrived safe.  Anytime you want that resigned, just let me know.
willphase

Activity: 767

View Profile
August 30, 2013, 09:50:50 PM

Will

Newspapers of classic events usually aren't worth much unless they are mint condition so indeed the quality is very important. This quote will be world famous though in a10-20 years I think ... (everyone will learn it in school)

better resist trying to do the crossword then!  I'm not looking to sell actually, but if sometime in the future a real bitcoin museum was stood up I would be happy to lend.

Wil

wachtwoord
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125

View Profile
September 01, 2013, 11:27:22 AM

Will

better resist trying to do the crossword then!  I'm not looking to sell actually, but if sometime in the future a real bitcoin museum was stood up I would be happy to lend.

Wil

Okay, I'll make due with the picture then. Thanks for that anyway Smiley
west77

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 08:30:33 AM

I would love to see the look on the insurance agents face when you insure it against loss if it increases in value (bitcoin stays around and grows in popularity for a decade.)

Also loved the reasons in the interview you gave for mining.  Presently I just mine LIC but am looking at buying blades or a bfl single for the same reason.  Yeah, it probably is not worth it- but if the banks (central and otherwise hate it this much there has to be something to it.)
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: