Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 12:43:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New bit miner seeking a little help ^^  (Read 573 times)
Billy the Bit Miner (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 12:12:17 AM
Last edit: April 06, 2013, 01:10:57 AM by Billy the Bit Miner

hello all, im a new miner as of today and i had a free computer sitting around so i decided to start bit mining with it Smiley. I have a nividia gt 620 gc 2g card and im running windows 8 64 bit. i am wondering what is the best miner to download for it? Is it the RPC miner i was reading about or is there better for cuda mining???
also i noticed nividia has some tesla k20 accelerator program you can try for free. I was wondering if anyone has tried it and seen better bit mining performance. It says something on their website about 66% of the people using it have seen and increase of GPU performance up to 2x better with the accelerator app???sounds cool i will try it after i figure out what miner i should use and what pool i should join.

Thats another question i have, what is the best pool with the lowest fees and best payout, I know i won't be able to get the best hash rates with this card but if it is boosted and flagged proper i should be able to get a decent amount of hashing power out of it. Also after i download lets say RPC miner, how do i set it up. Please help me with the steps i must take to start mining. If someone could provide me with a link for the best miner for my setup and a few step by step instructions for me that would be great.
also any info on what pool to join would be appreciated.

clicksmoney

Activity: 103
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 01:47:19 AM

I'd recommend BitMinter for ease of use in setting up but I see your problem is having Nvidia instead of ATI. If you swap or sell for ATI eg if you don't game I think you'll be happier with your efforts.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=163750.msg1713879#msg1713879 has some good NVidia news though

middlemarkal

Activity: 181
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 02:11:56 AM

clicksmoney is rigth bitminter is the easyest and works with nvidia cards. but better for you to buy an amd card or an ASIC if you can find one. Grin

DISCIPLINA — The First Blockchain For HR & Education
From core developers of Cardano, PoS minting, unique Web Of Trust & Privacy algorithms. Be the first, join us!
  WEBSITE  TELEGRAM  ANN  BOUNTY  LINKEDIN  WHITEPAPER  Referral Program 5%
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: