Bitcoin Forum
July 02, 2024, 01:31:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Unconfirmed transaction on electrum  (Read 5922 times)
timdrake (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 17, 2016, 06:42:45 AM

Hi guys I'm really new at this

I just sent some Bitcoin to my electrum wallet and it says that it is still pending

But then the history says that my transaction went through. So I sent the Bitcoin that my history said had gone through to another address but when I sent the Bitcoin, my history says that the transaction to that address is unconfirmed

Does that mean that I have lost my money and the Bitcoin won't be sent to the other address? And under the receive tab, since my transaction is still pending, will I loose all my money in 23 hours when the request expires?

Thanks in advance
GiubePG

Activity: 8

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2016, 10:14:18 AM

Hello, you have not lost your money, the transaction is pending because it still has not been confirmed. The confirmation time can vary according to how much BTC you transferred. Wink
jacee
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1024

View Profile
November 17, 2016, 10:21:09 AM

GiubePG is correct. Confirmation time will vary with the amount of fee you used upon sending the coins. If you don't mind, can you post the txn here so we can see the exact situation? How long since the time you sent it?
Abdussamad
Legendary

Activity: 3640
Merit: 1571

View Profile
November 18, 2016, 07:30:31 AM

And under the receive tab, since my transaction is still pending, will I loose all my money in 23 hours when the request expires?

requests don't expire btw. that part of the interface needs some rewording. suffice it to the address you got from the receive tab will continue to work forever and you should have no problems receiving money to it now and in future.

as for the confirmations issue don't worry either the two transactions will confirm or they won't. you won't lose money. just wait it out.
D. Kirk

Activity: 11

View Profile
November 22, 2016, 12:52:12 PM

Well.... I have the same problem...i sent from Bitcoin Core to electrum one week ago and both ends show unconfirmed.  On the Blockchain Transaction browser the transaction fee is shown as zero but I used Bitcoin Wallet auto; and it has shown High Priority for one week and on top of all that the "received" date keeps changing...this was my second transaction and I have lost all confidence.... Undecided 
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: