Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 01:32:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New BTC pool. Owned by an exchange which is a registered company in newzealand  (Read 771 times)
egjoshslim92 (OP)

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 17, 2016, 07:07:00 AM
Last edit: November 17, 2016, 07:49:11 AM by egjoshslim92

New bitcoin mining pool. Also the company behind it, is registered in Newzealand

Fully tax registered and the owners real identities are very public due to the fact it was an exchange first then introduced a centralized pool (many pools one place) i am here to promote the BTC pool though as i have started using it. I was told a while ago security is massive when it comes to mining pools. As cryptopia is registered for tax purposes as well as full disclosure of the owners identities as a result adds a huge amount of security too the pool. (the dev team or admins running for example.) Worth checking out anyways as the exchange has been around for a little while but the mining pool feature has literally just been added.

The reason i joined/ think it is worth promoting is it would be illegal for them to take the funds and run due to the exchange being a legitimate registered business. Something i think no other pools are. Cryptopia is a company and as a result has to follow rules just like any other.

Worth a look also nice little troll box for the miners and traders to communicate which is nice when mining Smiley Also i am fairly certain it is part publicly owned company. Which means they have share holders to keep happy. https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/Mineshaft?pool=BTC&algo=SHA256

Also important to mention that it is 0% fee! as they earn from other aspects (the exchange side of things) Very early on so could very well be worth getting on early for those early shares! haha Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
zoose

Activity: 163
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 17, 2016, 07:26:01 AM

New bitcoin mining pool. Also the company behind it, is registered in Newzealand

Fully tax registered and the owners real identities are very public due to the fact it was an exchange first then introduced a centralized pool (many pools one place) i am here to promote the BTC pool though as i have started using it. I was told a while ago security is massive when it comes to mining pools. As cryptopia is registered for tax purposes as well as full disclosure of the owners identities as a result adds a huge amount of security too the pool. (the dev team or admins running for example.) Worth checking out anyways as the exchange has been around for a little while but the mining pool feature has literally just been added.

The reason i joined/ think it is worth promoting is it would be illegal for them to take the funds and run due to the exchange being a legitimate registered business. Something i think no other pools are. Cryptopia is a company and as a result has to follow rules just like any other.

Worth a look also nice little troll box for the miners and traders to communicate which is nice when mining Smiley Also i am fairly certain it is part publicly owned company. Which means they have share holders to keep happy. https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/Mineshaft?pool=BTC&algo=SHA256

Also important to mention that it is 0% fee! as they earn from other aspects (the exchange side of things)

I've been using CRYPTOPIA for over a year and the professionalism with which the site has been developed since I joined is impressive. You hit the nail on the head about Cryptopia being a legitimate company and it's refreshing to know you're entrusting your funds to a registered company incorporated in New Zealand.

The Mineshaft is a cool new addition to Cryptopia and there are many pools available. 

Cryptopia
    Exchange  Mineshaft 2.0   Marketplace   Rewards  CoinInfo   [[Bitcointalk]] [Facebook] [Twitter]
▪▪▪▪▪■■■■■■■▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄■■■■■■■▪▪▪▪▪
Cryptocurrency Platform Services and Development 
egjoshslim92 (OP)

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 17, 2016, 07:32:56 AM

the problem is with pools that are not under the domain and ownership of non registered companies is they have nothing stopping them apart from morals from keeping them running off with the funds. The trust comes from the last year of trading with them. If an anonymous admin were to run off with funds how would he be held legally responsible? short answer he probably wont. as its a registered company it could be held legally to account (which ofc would never happen) but they could be which is a far more reassuring reason than a moral compass. You can even check the company out through new zealand records for legal purposes. Not had that with any pools yet Tongue
kano
Legendary

Activity: 4466
Merit: 1798

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
November 17, 2016, 09:23:08 AM

the problem is with pools that are not under the domain and ownership of non registered companies is they have nothing stopping them apart from morals from keeping them running off with the funds. The trust comes from the last year of trading with them. If an anonymous admin were to run off with funds how would he be held legally responsible? short answer he probably wont. as its a registered company it could be held legally to account (which ofc would never happen) but they could be which is a far more reassuring reason than a moral compass. You can even check the company out through new zealand records for legal purposes. Not had that with any pools yet Tongue
Weex was a registered company as was MtGox ...

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: