Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 11:50:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Best Asic Scrypt Miners under $150  (Read 2475 times)
Omar Elrefaei (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 17, 2016, 11:04:35 AM

I had two days of intensive research and found the bitcoins is not profitable any more for beginners/hobbyists.

So, I wonder if I can buy any Asic Scrypt miner for $150 or a collection of ones,
Which can give me about 25MH/s. (I want at least $1/Day)

Is there any Asic Miners for any algorithms other than SHA-256/Scrypt Huh

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
shokrofforex

Activity: 4

View Profile
November 17, 2016, 11:12:42 AM

Hi Omar,

What is your target? making 1 USD/day or having ASIC miner?
What is the Specs of your pc?

bittraffic

Activity: 2940
Merit: 612

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2016, 11:17:56 AM

Asic Scrypt Miners means its going to be deployed as a scrypt on the hosting right? this means its a cloud mining?
I'm not sure if its profitable though, people are already aware that sites like these can turn scam in the end.

.SWG.io.

..Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15..

..Buy Now..

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
..CONFIRMED..

Omar Elrefaei (OP)

View Profile
November 17, 2016, 12:16:28 PM

My target is to make 1 USD from a fully operating day.

Unfortunately, I don't have a powerful PC.

Quad Core AMD 1.8 GigaHertz, 4G RAM Laptop

Thanks, shokrofforex
Altcoining

Activity: 138
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 17, 2016, 12:43:46 PM

I had two days of intensive research and found the bitcoins is not profitable any more for beginners/hobbyists.

So, I wonder if I can buy any Asic Scrypt miner for $150 or a collection of ones,

So, you want to make in a year what a single $80 GPU can do in 2 months?
shokrofforex

View Profile
November 17, 2016, 12:45:15 PM

Hi Omar,

Did your laptop have AMD or Nvidia graphic card?

Anyhow, I have a suggestion for you, try mining Zcash using your cpu.

I don't know what you will get per day - it will be little - but you will lose nothing trying.

Download nheqminer from the following link:

https://github.com/nicehash/nheqminer/releases/download/0.4b/nheqminer_v0.4b.zip

I don't know if you know how to use it or not and all other things required to start mining like having zcash t address?

if you need help about running the miner and having zcash address let me know.

Regards
Omar Elrefaei (OP)

View Profile
November 17, 2016, 02:35:30 PM
Last edit: November 17, 2016, 02:56:04 PM by Omar Elrefaei

$80 GPU can do in 2 months Shocked Shocked Shocked
WOW....... Grin

It appears that I didn't search enough, I am not used to ask without a very hard search for what I want.

Can you direct me for something like this.
Omar Elrefaei (OP)

View Profile
November 17, 2016, 02:46:45 PM
Last edit: November 17, 2016, 03:51:17 PM by Omar Elrefaei

Hi, shokrofforex

Did your laptop have AMD or Nvidia graphic card?

I Have an AMD graphic card (600 MHz)

I have a suggestion for you, try mining Zcash using your cpu.

I have previously tried mining XMR (Monero) with my CPU with MinerGate application, but I didn't gain more than half a cent for 3 Hours.

I will be happy to try this Zcach, and I will realy need help to began Cheesy.

Thanks so much, Hmar
Omar Elrefaei (OP)

View Profile
November 17, 2016, 03:47:34 PM

Hi, @bittraffic
Sorry, But I don't get anything from what you are talking about !!!  Huh
shokrofforex

View Profile
November 17, 2016, 03:56:53 PM

Hi Omar,

I will be happy to try this Zcach, and I will realy need help to began.

I suggest we continue using personal messages, so we can chat in Arabic without bothering other people - if you prefer, if not we can continue as we are.

1- You need Poloniex account, visit poloniex.com

2- Update your GPU driver to latest version (It might be useless if the GPU is old, we will see).

3- Download the miner form the link in my previous post.

I have a side question for you, How much money you able to invest in cryptocurrency mining?

** in short @Bittrafic advise you not using cloud mining, and I fully agree with him.

QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
November 17, 2016, 11:59:39 PM

Not on Scrypt.

On the other hand, I've seen the Zeus X6 units in OPs's price range on rare occasion, and they're in the 25 Mh/s ballpark that OP was looking for - but 25 Mh/s isn't going to make $1/day at this point, more like 85c/day and slowly dropping (I forget what the actual hashrate out of the X6 was though, might be somewhat higher like 30MH/s).

DO NOT try to mine Scrypt on a GPU - you'll lose money.
 Some of the other altcoins can be mined profitably on a GPU though, like ETH (Ethereum) ETC (Ethereum Classic) ZEC (Zcash) XMR (Monero) among others.

Also, your laptop probably has a "GPU on motherboard" or "GPU as part of the CPU" setup, laptops almost NEVER have adaquate cooling to handle running these GPUs or their CPU 24/7 like a miner does and you almost definitely WILL KILL YOUR LAPTOP quite quickly. VERY BAD IDEA.

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
Tmdz

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 18, 2016, 12:13:18 AM

Id imagine the only thing a scrypt miner would be use for is to mine shit coins and dump them at the first pump.

But why bother.
Omar Elrefaei (OP)

View Profile
November 18, 2016, 05:29:12 AM

Some of the other altcoins can be mined profitably on a GPU though, like ETH (Ethereum) ETC (Ethereum Classic) ZEC (Zcash) XMR (Monero) among others.

Yeah, this was my plan B Smiley

Also, your laptop probably has a "GPU on motherboard" or "GPU as part of the CPU" setup, laptops almost NEVER have adaquate cooling to handle running these GPUs or their CPU 24/7 like a miner does and you almost definitely WILL KILL YOUR LAPTOP quite quickly. VERY BAD IDEA.

Mine is integrated,

THANK you SO MUCH for the WARNING  Wink
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
November 18, 2016, 02:25:27 PM

Id imagine the only thing a scrypt miner would be use for is to mine shit coins and dump them at the first pump.

Litecoin has been pretty stable on price for over a year now, and is making me around a third of my current income on cryptocoin mining with my "paid for" A2 farm.

I strongly suspect my income will drop some over the next year as more A4 units get sold and put online driving the network hashrate and difficulty slowly up, especially if Innosilicon or a 3'd party gets the current instability issues in the current firmware fixed, but I still anticipate my old A2 units will remain profitable at least that long or 'till I sell them to help finance an upgrade into something more efficient - whichever takes LONGER.

ZEC is much more of a "pump and dump" coin than LTC is, especially given the near-continuous massive drop in price since it first came out live.

Other scrypt "me too" coins though have turned out to have zero long-term staying power - and the only one that ever had ANY significant name recognition outside of the cryptocoin mining community was Doge.
 Litecoin on the other hand is accepted by more merchants than any other cryptocoin except BitCoin even now.

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
desci

Activity: 48

View Profile
March 28, 2017, 11:32:53 PM

I mine scrypt with ASICs for some years and now if you want to get in the game you should start with ASICs that delivery at least 50-100MH/s. That was the range that I started with, it required a group of ASICs. Now you can have that kind of power with a "single" box.

Old scrypt miners are becoming like old sha256 miners, people are starting to solo mine litecoin like they do with bitcoin. I'm still making profit from scrypt coins though.

Back in the early days, there were some shit coins out there, this doesn't seem to happen with scrypt anymore to the best of my knowledge. Shit coin creators seem to be targeting GPU miners, since that's where the hype is.

If you want to surf the wave, you should check X11 ASICs which are getting popular as of this writing. There seem to be some new ASICs that advertise as being "multi algorithm", I don't have real world intel on that, I suggest much research (such intended).
toyo87

Activity: 738
Merit: 100

Follow on Twitter @realToyoTheo

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 08:24:18 AM

Any help on how i can configureand run asic miner

🧬⛓Blockchain ENTHUSIAST and EVANGELIST🎊. Crypto Investor💻, Miner🧰, Trader👨‍💻. Project Ambassadors👨‍💼, Community Manager👥, Blogger🥳 & MORE.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: