Bitcoin Forum
July 16, 2024, 11:09:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Instable Rigs with Saphire RX480 8GB Nitro OC Cards  (Read 445 times)
jadefalke (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1014

View Profile
November 17, 2016, 01:01:41 PM

Hey Guys,

i have multiple Rigs with the following Configuration:

ASROCK Pro BTC Mainboard
6X USB Riser
6X RX 480 Nitro OC 8GB
Celeron G1840+4GB Crucial DDR3 RAM
Seasonic 1200 Watt Platin PSU

The Rig is build pretty strait forward and running with Ethos, it is starting quite ok, but then after a time cards start to stop hashing.
Some rig's do better and only one card is failing other have 3-4 Cards failing. I tried also another Mainboard (Asrock Anni H97)
but the Problem is still the same.

I think it has something to do with Power distribution or the Cabeling. The PSU has 7 Dedicated PCI-e Connector so each card has an own 8 Pin Connector, the Riser are powered via SATA Cable, 2 cards share one cable from the PSU. On one Cable the SSD is also connected.
I tried to move cards around on the PCI-E Slots but that does not changed the Problem.

Did anyone encountered same Problems and found a Solution?
Any Help appreciated.

bobben2

Activity: 279
Merit: 104

View Profile
November 17, 2016, 03:58:03 PM

It could be power related.
Did you try removing a gpu to see if it became stable?

Fellow miners, get your thens and thans in order and help other forum readers understand what you are writing. Remember the grammar basics:  B larger THAN A (comparator operator). If something THEN ....
dakky

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 17, 2016, 04:10:29 PM

I had the same problem with Ethos and XFX RX480 8GB... tried everything, from disconnecting one or two cards to auto-restarting the rigs when the cards fail... eventually switched back to Windows as there was no solution within Ethos.
jadefalke (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 17, 2016, 06:08:49 PM

I had the same problem with Ethos and XFX RX480 8GB... tried everything, from disconnecting one or two cards to auto-restarting the rigs when the cards fail... eventually switched back to Windows as there was no solution within Ethos.

interesting, but windows is not really a solution for me. Thanks for your input.
jadefalke (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 17, 2016, 06:09:05 PM

It could be power related.
Did you try removing a gpu to see if it became stable?

that will be my next step.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: