Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 11:30:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Thank you, Stephen Hawking (you'll be missed)  (Read 645 times)
Gleb Gamow (OP)
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
November 17, 2016, 03:24:01 PM

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/speaking-of-science/wp/2016/11/17/stephen-hawking-just-gave-humanity-a-due-date-for-finding-another-planet/

Before we have a chance to relocate, Hawking says, we'll first need to solve the potential threat created by technology.

[Stephen Hawking just got an artificial intelligence upgrade, but still thinks AI could bring an end to mankind]

While Hawking thinks technology has the capacity to ensure mankind's survival, previous statements suggest the cosmologist is simultaneously grappling with the potential threat it poses. When it comes to discussing that threat, Hawking is unmistakably blunt.

“I think the development of full artificial intelligence could spell the end of the human race,” Hawking told the BBC in a 2014 interview that touched upon everything from online privacy to his affinity for his robotic-sounding voice.

Despite its current usefulness, he cautioned, further developing A.I. could prove a fatal mistake.

“Once humans develop artificial intelligence, it will take off on its own and redesign itself at an ever-increasing rate,” Hawking warned in recent months. “Humans, who are limited by slow biological evolution, couldn't compete and would be superseded.”

Stephen Hawking espoused that mankind is doomed on this planet due to the advent of A.I., ergo man MUST seek an exoplanet so to begin anew.

My solution is to curb any threatening aspects of A.I.

Stephen Hawking believes that man possessed with A.I. technology should leave Earth and colonize another planet where all its future generations will stifle A.I. so that mankind will not be threatened by it. Also, this magical planet will not experience any climate change after being populated with over a billion people, perhaps because the planet's overseers will be modeled after The Professor of Gilligan's Island taking their instructions from the Gore Brain and passing them along to the populace via some yet-to-be-developed tech that's not planet threatening, with word of Malph first coming to mind as a communication device on Planet Happy Days.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Factmine

Activity: 310
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 17, 2016, 03:46:44 PM

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/speaking-of-science/wp/2016/11/17/stephen-hawking-just-gave-humanity-a-due-date-for-finding-another-planet/

Before we have a chance to relocate, Hawking says, we'll first need to solve the potential threat created by technology.

[Stephen Hawking just got an artificial intelligence upgrade, but still thinks AI could bring an end to mankind]

While Hawking thinks technology has the capacity to ensure mankind's survival, previous statements suggest the cosmologist is simultaneously grappling with the potential threat it poses. When it comes to discussing that threat, Hawking is unmistakably blunt.

“I think the development of full artificial intelligence could spell the end of the human race,” Hawking told the BBC in a 2014 interview that touched upon everything from online privacy to his affinity for his robotic-sounding voice.

Despite its current usefulness, he cautioned, further developing A.I. could prove a fatal mistake.

“Once humans develop artificial intelligence, it will take off on its own and redesign itself at an ever-increasing rate,” Hawking warned in recent months. “Humans, who are limited by slow biological evolution, couldn't compete and would be superseded.”

Stephen Hawking espoused that mankind is doomed on this planet due to the advent of A.I., ergo man MUST seek an exoplanet so to begin anew.

My solution is to curb any threatening aspects of A.I.

Stephen Hawking believes that man possessed with A.I. technology should leave Earth and colonize another planet where all its future generations will stifle A.I. so that mankind will not be threatened by it. Also, this magical planet will not experience any climate change after being populated with over a billion people, perhaps because the planet's overseers will be modeled after The Professor of Gilligan's Island taking their instructions from the Gore Brain and passing them along to the populace via some yet-to-be-developed tech that's not planet threatening, with word of Malph first coming to mind as a communication device on Planet Happy Days.

I thought he just died. LOL

Anyway, I also subscribe to what he is saying tho. It will happen and is inevitable. Even if you create some safeguards against it, I think the AI would do something about it. I forgot the movie that featured this, one of the rules is to protect humans. So the AI's logic turned this against humans. The AI felt that humans are a threat to themselves. So the AIs now kill humans.
Gleb Gamow (OP)
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
November 17, 2016, 04:42:54 PM

Anyway, I also subscribe to what he is saying tho. It will happen and is inevitable. Even if you create some safeguards against it, I think the AI would do something about it. I forgot the movie that featured this, one of the rules is to protect humans. So the AI's logic turned this against humans. The AI felt that humans are a threat to themselves. So the AIs now kill humans.

For the life of me, I can't figure out why you would think that he died.  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

You may be thinking of I, Robot by Asimov. Ironically, that was one of the first books I ever read once outta grammar school. That, then the Foundation Trilogy between reading first-edition Zane Grey novels from my grandfather's glass bookcase. I remember loving to read till I found math which made my dick even harder, but not as harder as jacking off to triple-X movie ads in the Sun Times while in the outhouse, but I digress.  Shocked
BitcoinBarrel
Legendary

Activity: 1961
Merit: 1020

Fill Your Barrel with Bitcoins!

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2016, 03:45:49 PM

It is surprising he is still alive considering he is the longest surviving person with ALS at over 50 years beating the 2nd oldest survivor by multiple decades. The average life expectancy of someone with ALS is only 4 years.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
     ▄██████████████▄
   ▄█████████████████▌
  ▐███████████████████▌
 ▄█████████████████████▄
 ███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
 ██████████████████████▀
 ▀████████████████████▀
  ▀██████████████████
    ▀▀████████████▀▀

Factmine

View Profile
November 18, 2016, 03:58:37 PM

For the life of me, I can't figure out why you would think that he died.  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

You may be thinking of I, Robot by Asimov. Ironically, that was one of the first books I ever read once outta grammar school. That, then the Foundation Trilogy between reading first-edition Zane Grey novels from my grandfather's glass bookcase. I remember loving to read till I found math which made my dick even harder, but not as harder as jacking off to triple-X movie ads in the Sun Times while in the outhouse, but I digress.  Shocked

I would first like to compliment your writing. It's very exquisite. Grammar school really did wonders for you, my friend.

On to the topic. I thought he died because of the line "you'll be missed." I would say that this line is meant for people who passed away, if I assumed correctly.
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3780
Merit: 1372

View Profile
November 18, 2016, 07:29:54 PM

It is surprising he is still alive considering he is the longest surviving person with ALS at over 50 years beating the 2nd oldest survivor by multiple decades. The average life expectancy of someone with ALS is only 4 years.

God wants him to be saved, and is giving him ample time to repent.    Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
Racey
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000

Soon, I have to go away.

View Profile
November 18, 2016, 10:37:06 PM

Maybe he is pure AI and someone else is speaking for him.
His voice is very creepy to me, I know its computer generated  Grin maybe all of him is.
No one really knows otherwise, he may have died a few years ago, truth is stranger than fiction and maybe the opposite is true as well.

And its gone.
Gleb Gamow (OP)
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
November 19, 2016, 12:58:00 AM

I would first like to compliment your writing. It's very exquisite. Grammar school really did wonders for you, my friend.

On to the topic. I thought he died because of the line "you'll be missed." I would say that this line is meant for people who passed away, if I assumed correctly.

"You'll (you will) be missed" because the event (his demise) hasn't happened yet. Once passed, "your missed" would most likely be used. OTOH, have I ever mentioned that I'm an avid fisherman (think: bait).  Tongue Tongue Tongue
Factmine

View Profile
November 19, 2016, 04:45:49 AM

"You'll (you will) be missed" because the event (his demise) hasn't happened yet. Once passed, "your missed" would most likely be used. OTOH, have I ever mentioned that I'm an avid fisherman (think: bait). Tongue Tongue Tongue

I usually hear the phrase about someone who died. But it may seem that the phrase was not correctly used for your statement. I wouldn't know better, though.
Taras
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1053

Please do not PM me loan requests!

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2016, 08:20:30 AM

Hey!! You've gone and made me think he died for a moment there Embarrassed
This is all Vod's fault
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: