Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 04:21:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [CARTOON COMPETITION] Bitcoin CEO cartoon competition  (Read 649 times)
Technomage (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1056

Affordable Physical Bitcoins - Denarium.com

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2016, 03:37:02 PM

Hello guys,

We have launched a new cartoon competition for a new comic we're about to launch. The title of the comic series is "Bitcoin CEO" and the point is to make fun of the silly concept of a Bitcoin CEO and simultaneously educate people on how Bitcoin works. The tone of the comic is satirical.

The top 5 of the competition will get loaded Denarium coins as a reward. The winner will be offered a contract to work for us in the creation of the Bitcoin CEO comic series.

Read the details from our website and participate! I can also answer questions in this thread.

https://denarium.com/media/bitcoin-ceo

Denarium closing sale discounts now up to 43%! Check out our products from here!
coin@coin
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 17, 2016, 05:51:49 PM

Sounds like fun to read once released!

I can't draw but looking forward to see the cartoons Smiley
jacee
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1024

View Profile
November 17, 2016, 06:06:19 PM

Question, what kind of drawing? Digitally drawn or hand drawn or can be both?
And you mentioned 4 scenes, so is that 4 drawings from a single scenario like 2 people talking to each other, or different?
Technomage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2016, 06:09:29 PM

And you mentioned 4 scenes, so is that 4 drawings from a single scenario like 2 people talking to each other, or different?

It can be drawn with any style or technique. This is up to the creator. We are not yet sure which style we'd like best and we may let the community vote for the winner from the top 5.

The amount of scenes in this competition comic can be chosen by the participant. It can be anything from 1 to 4 scenes. The comics that we will later publish in the actual series will be from 1 to 4 generally, depending on the story.

Denarium closing sale discounts now up to 43%! Check out our products from here!
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 17, 2016, 06:28:12 PM

Looks so interesting.
Just make it clear, so the comic in 1 page? With maximum 4 scenes/frame inside?
The comic is freestyle based on participants, so it can be a black/white or have a color, right?
Technomage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2016, 06:45:12 PM

Just make it clear, so the comic in 1 page? With maximum 4 scenes/frame inside?
The comic is freestyle based on participants, so it can be a black/white or have a color, right?

Yes.

bias

Activity: 882
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 17, 2016, 07:20:30 PM

It can be drawn with any style or technique. This is up to the creator. We are not yet sure which style we'd like best and we may let the community vote for the winner from the top 5.

The amount of scenes in this competition comic can be chosen by the participant. It can be anything from 1 to 4 scenes. The comics that we will later publish in the actual series will be from 1 to 4 generally, depending on the story.

hello there, nice try to make a comik for BTC. Smiley
i think though that 1 page with 4 scenes/ frames is not enough for this objective.
imho 6 will have better result for explaining the consept of BTC Ceo and better results in the drawing itself.

i will give it a shoot, maybe i get lucky or have good inspiration these days... Grin                                                                                                                                                   

Mento
Legendary

Merit: 1006

I ♥ BitcoinTalk

View Profile
November 17, 2016, 07:32:27 PM

Will you choose only one winner? Professional comics is product the team. How much budget you have that to pay for the work of the team?
Technomage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2016, 07:45:43 PM

Will you choose only one winner? Professional comics is product the team. How much budget you have that to pay for the work of the team?

We are choosing 5 winners but we're only interested in hiring the best. The absolute best may potentially be chosen by the community.

In the actual comics our own team will be doing most of the work in creating the story script and the instructions for the graphics designer will be more detailed. So for now we think we only need 1 good graphics designer, that's it.

As for the budget, we haven't strictly decided this yet. It's a negotiation issue which we'll look at in more detail as this project progresses. We may also like to work with the #2 instead, if for example the winner wants too much money for his future creations.

Technomage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2016, 07:47:06 PM

i think though that 1 page with 4 scenes/ frames is not enough for this objective.
imho 6 will have better result for explaining the consept of BTC Ceo and better results in the drawing itself.

I agree it is challenging but then again it's the same for all participants. The actual comic series we publish later may not be strictly 4 scenes max, we may change the concept if more scenes are required for certain stories. But for the competition it's 4 max so the rules are the same for everyone.

bias

Activity: 882

View Profile
November 17, 2016, 07:59:56 PM

I agree it is challenging but then again it's the same for all participants. The actual comic series we publish later may not be strictly 4 scenes max, we may change the concept if more scenes are required for certain stories. But for the competition it's 4 max so the rules are the same for everyone.

of course, i agree on that.
rules are rules for all. Smiley

i would try something, soon enough.
btw, 1 drawing for each participant or we can send you multiple drawings?                                                                                                                                                          
Technomage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2016, 08:06:06 PM

i would try something, soon enough.
btw, 1 drawing for each participant or we can send you multiple drawings?                                                                                                                    

It's allowed to send as many as you like. No limit.

Mento
Legendary

Merit: 1006

I ♥ BitcoinTalk

View Profile
November 17, 2016, 08:20:15 PM

We are choosing 5 winners but we're only interested in hiring the best. The absolute best may potentially be chosen by the community.

In the actual comics our own team will be doing most of the work in creating the story script and the instructions for the graphics designer will be more detailed. So for now we think we only need 1 good graphics designer, that's it.

As for the budget, we haven't strictly decided this yet. It's a negotiation issue which we'll look at in more detail as this project progresses. We may also like to work with the #2 instead, if for example the winner wants too much money for his future creations.

You have the correct approach. I see you have professional experience in such matters  Wink
Technomage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2016, 03:44:35 PM

5 days left to participate!

https://denarium.com/media/bitcoin-ceo

creativeeditors

Activity: 980

View Profile
November 26, 2016, 06:56:54 PM

what reward in addition to the employment contract to you?
on this thread is the winner did not get the gift of such a few number of bitcoin in his address  Huh Huh
Technomage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2016, 09:30:26 PM

what reward in addition to the employment contract to you?
on this thread is the winner did not get the gift of such a few number of bitcoin in his address  Huh Huh

Top-5 will be published and they will all win loaded 1/100 golden brass Denarium coins.

Technomage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2017, 10:45:19 PM

It took a while, but we have chosen the winners of this competition!

Read the full announcement from here: https://denarium.com/media/bitcoin-ceo-cartoon-competition-has-a-winner

josephdd1

Activity: 1358
Merit: 513

View Profile
January 10, 2017, 11:13:47 PM

Congrats to all the winners out there! Smiley
I like the 2nd artwork a lot, more as a drawing and not so as colors choise though... Undecided

Hope for more art contests like this one in the future.
masumhossain

Activity: 142
Merit: 105

View Profile
January 10, 2017, 11:28:43 PM

hello,

I would love to participate in the competition , i have some confusion though as the website says the deadline is by 6th december.

is it still open or i figured it out in the wrong way. Please let me know as i am highly interested to take participate in to the competition.

Thank you.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: