Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 11:26:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Introducing PocketMiner - New Android Litecoin miner  (Read 1566 times)
PocketMiner (OP)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 17, 2016, 08:12:19 PM

Hello!

PocketMiner is a new, modern litecoin miner for miners and people who want to help support and secure the network!
You can find the app here:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=uk.co.wardworks.pocketminer

Android devices are getting more powerfull every day so you might aswell start mining in your pocket now Smiley

Features:
- Mine in the background, with the screen off, in your pocket.
- Automatically mine when your phone is charging (great for night and free power at work!), or just mine constantly.
- Automatically stop mining when you lose wifi, or carry on.
- Automatically stop on low battery!
- Choose the amount of mining threads to run

And there's more coming!

Thanks for your time,

PocketMiner.
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bathrobehero
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1051

ICO? Not even once.

View Profile
November 17, 2016, 08:20:37 PM

Yes, phones are getting better and better in terms of raw computing power but they're still pretty bad in comparison to dedicated GPUs or even a desktop CPUs.

Besides, Litecoin's being mined with powerful ASICs which means the mining performance of phones is utterly irrelevant.

To put it into perspective, phones are like snails and ASICs are like Usain Bolt and mining Litecoin is a race.

If you'd pick an algo that doesn't have ASICs yet it wouldn't be completely useless.

Not your keys, not your coins!
ultralord

Activity: 29

View Profile
November 18, 2016, 11:33:45 AM

Should be noted that there is a 10% developer fee that isn't mentioned in OP.

From Google Play Store:

A scrypt miner for mining litecoin through litecoinpool.org.
Features:

- Mine in the background
- Mine only when charging (Optional)
- Mine only on WIFI (Optional)
- Choose mining threads
- Stop mining on low battery (Optional)

Totally free, just donates one in ten shares to developer.

Disclaimer:

Mining is a very intense task that puts strain on your CPU and will make your device get very hot. The developer is not liable for any effect this app has on your device in any way.
ultralord

Activity: 29

View Profile
November 18, 2016, 11:36:04 AM

Just out of curiosity, what are the fastest scrypt phones/tablets?
maxfunky

Activity: 194
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 18, 2016, 06:32:34 PM

litecoin?? lol

Aeon (crypto-light), Zcash, lyra2, VRM maybe.. but why the fuck you choose litecoin ?  Cheesy
Eyedol-X

Activity: 952
Merit: 508

View Profile
November 18, 2016, 06:46:09 PM

Yes, phones are getting better and better in terms of raw computing power but they're still pretty bad in comparison to dedicated GPUs or even a desktop CPUs.

Besides, Litecoin's being mined with powerful ASICs which means the mining performance of phones is utterly irrelevant.

To put it into perspective, phones are like snails and ASICs are like Usain Bolt and mining Litecoin is a race.

If you'd pick an algo that doesn't have ASICs yet it wouldn't be completely useless.

I agree here, still a pretty cool concept. I played with the app for about 10 mins, doesn't require any special permissions on the phone.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: