Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 08:00:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: buy.bitcoin.com works OK. Expensive, but it works.  (Read 481 times)
OROBTC (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1852

View Profile
November 18, 2016, 03:49:45 AM

Today I tested out this service, to pay for BTC with a credit (debit) card.  Yes, it worked just fine.  It is kind-of expensive for an online service, but it works (I am an American here in the USA):

https://buy.bitcoin.com/

Fees:

Simplex:       5.0%
bitcoin.com:  2.5%

(minimums apply)

You need email access and your smartphone (SMS message).

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
U2

Activity: 676
Merit: 503

I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not sure...

View Profile
November 18, 2016, 03:55:51 AM

For no I.D. requirements the rates aren't that bad at all actually. I've seen worse rates after they know what blood type I am, my mother's maiden name and a stool sample. Thanks for the info, I hadn't noticed this service before.
pedrog
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031

View Profile
November 18, 2016, 03:49:23 PM

How long did it take?

7.5% is not expensive for laundering stolen credit cards, it's very cheap actually.

Usually this kind of services take up to 30% and go to great lengths to identify the user, how long will these guys operate with this kind of fees and procedures?

ged00u

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 18, 2016, 06:30:29 PM

At least they do pay. Thanks for testing the site. I highly appreciate that. I have some question: How many bitcoin do they have left ? or they have unlimited Bitcoin for customers to buy ? The price is not very high actually. The price is here cheaper than my local bitcoin selling service. Well, if I have an international debit card, I will consider to buy some bitcoin here
BuySomeBitcoins

Activity: 434
Merit: 253

View Profile
November 18, 2016, 06:53:27 PM

If I am not mistaking, they use Simplex.cc to process your payments, they gather your ID and deliver late.

If you are a EU/US resident, you can buy small amounts of coins but other countries are insta-declined.
That service is nice if you do not care about your privacy or coins spending tractability.

We will offer a better solution soon Smiley
OROBTC (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1852

View Profile
November 18, 2016, 08:27:55 PM

More comments in reply to the above remarks.

The process was fairly quick.  After they OK'd the transaction, I had to leave (a wifi place in my city).  By the time I got home (40 mins.), the BTC were in my wallet (and they were mixed via bitmixer.io as well).

My transaction was small, so I paid more than 7.5% (hence my observation above about minimums).  7.5% would be the total fees if buying something like $200 worth.

simplex, yes.  But, the BTC ATM I bought from the other day collected my smartphone data as well.

I have no idea how many BTC they have left.  Again, I bought fairly small (to test the service).

My credit card was not a stolen one.  I have used it to buy BTC from other services in the past.

BuySomeBitcoins: better solutions are always welcome.  Show us one!
BuySomeBitcoins

Activity: 434
Merit: 253

View Profile
November 18, 2016, 08:45:07 PM

BuySomeBitcoins: better solutions are always welcome.  Show us one!

Working on it, link on my signature.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: