Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 07:34:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Namecoin and bitcoin mining question  (Read 2034 times)
Miner SiX (OP)

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 14, 2011, 01:11:41 PM

Since there is this newbie restriction please help me here.

First about bitcoin miners. I'm using a guiminer and everytime i try to load video or some webpage loads a video while the miner is on it crashes. No matter what i set fror the -f or -w value for. Any workarounds for this? I would like to us the power of my oc'd 6950 while watching movies etc.

And then about namecoin. For some reason i did not find a usable guide how to set it up on windows/or requirements for it. I installed it and when i try "namecoind.exe getnewaddress" i get:
C:\Users\... ...\namecoin_win32>namecoind.exe getnewaddress
error: couldn't connect to server

I am behind NAT and some firewall that i have no access to. Any way to get it working?
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
SomeoneWeird

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 14, 2011, 01:22:29 PM

Since there is this newbie restriction please help me here.

First about bitcoin miners. I'm using a guiminer and everytime i try to load video or some webpage loads a video while the miner is on it crashes. No matter what i set fror the -f or -w value for. Any workarounds for this? I would like to us the power of my oc'd 6950 while watching movies etc.

And then about namecoin. For some reason i did not find a usable guide how to set it up on windows/or requirements for it. I installed it and when i try "namecoind.exe getnewaddress" i get:

I am behind NAT and some firewall that i have no access to. Any way to get it working?

1) Disable hardware acceleration. On the video, right click > Settings > Untick.

2) Doubt it.
Miner SiX (OP)

Activity: 15

View Profile
June 14, 2011, 01:43:54 PM

1) so it wont work with hardware on? Even opening video settings from amd vision center crashed this comp.

2) So how should i do it and whats the namecoin server or shomething to ping/check to be sure there is a connection that can be made.

ps. sorry for my english.
Rob P.

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2011, 01:55:28 PM

1)  Can't help, don't run Windows.
2)  Why are you mining Namecoin?  Just making sure you know why you're doing it.

--

If you like what I've written here, consider tipping the messenger:
1GZu4CtHa6ai8iWoWiVFxV5VVoNte4SkoG

If you don't like what I've written, send me a Tip and I'll stop talking.
foo

Activity: 409
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 14, 2011, 01:59:24 PM

You need to start namecoind before you can send commands to it... Just run namecoind.exe in a command prompt and leave it running.

I know this because Tyler knows this.
talpan

Activity: 228
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 07, 2011, 10:08:59 AM

Hey,

is your problem now solved?

regards, talpan
ANSYSiC

Activity: 27

View Profile
July 07, 2011, 07:45:25 PM

Everyone else having issues with HD 6950: you have to wait for a newer driver (>10.6) or switch to linux ;)
AMD is working on it...
Maxim Gladkov

Activity: 28

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2011, 09:18:23 PM

LinuxCoin and lower agression can help you

Agree! Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: