Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 10:10:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hey there, I have some questions!  (Read 390 times)
SuperZac (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 03:55:53 AM

I'm new to this type of currency, but I've spent a few hours reading about it and it seems incredibly awesome to me. I love the idea and workings behind it. I'm still not sure whether I should actually try my hand at mining myself.
I have some questions, which may seem redundant- however if I am going to put the effort in I like to ask at least a few questions myself to be sure before starting. List:
  • All I have in this world is an okay gaming rig, I use it constantly. Should I be using my only computer (my baby!) for this? Is it viable to only mine at certain times? I'm not sure I really understand fully. Does leaving it on overnight really use that much electricity? If it matters I have an GTX 560ti.
  • How long does it take to actually get bitcoins? I've seen a lot of answers to this, and it looks like the best idea is to join a pool. How much is up to chance? Would it take all of eternity to make just one coin?
  • Litecoins vs Bitcoins?

I have so many questions I really just jumbled a bunch of them into a deceivingly small list. Sorry.

Thanks for taking your time if you can answer any of my questions.
Peace.  Grin
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1227

Away on an extended break

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 03:58:05 AM

I'm new to this type of currency, but I've spent a few hours reading about it and it seems incredibly awesome to me. I love the idea and workings behind it. I'm still not sure whether I should actually try my hand at mining myself.
I have some questions, which may seem redundant- however if I am going to put the effort in I like to ask at least a few questions myself to be sure before starting. List:
  • All I have in this world is an okay gaming rig, I use it constantly. Should I be using my only computer (my baby!) for this? Is it viable to only mine at certain times? I'm not sure I really understand fully. Does leaving it on overnight really use that much electricity? If it matters I have an GTX 560ti.
  • How long does it take to actually get bitcoins? I've seen a lot of answers to this, and it looks like the best idea is to join a pool. How much is up to chance? Would it take all of eternity to make just one coin?
  • Litecoins vs Bitcoins?

I have so many questions I really just jumbled a bunch of them into a deceivingly small list. Sorry.

Thanks for taking your time if you can answer any of my questions.
Peace.  Grin

No, not viable even if you have ATI cards (vastly better at mining as compared to any nVidia cards).
SuperZac (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 04:55:46 AM

No, not viable even if you have ATI cards (vastly better at mining as compared to any nVidia cards).
Okay, so I should just put this bitcoin thing out of my head?  Cheesy
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 4680

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 04:03:34 PM

Okay, so I should just put this bitcoin thing out of my head?  Cheesy
No, but you may want to put this mining thing out of your head.  There are other ways to acquire bitcoin.
vm1990
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 04:18:23 PM

feel free to ask as many questions as you want XD

also unless you have the hardware (good ATI graphics card its not worth mining) Nvidia are great for games but ATI do so much better at everything else Cheesy

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: