Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 03:31:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Transferring USD funds to MtGox  (Read 498 times)
MrJMassey (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 05:23:10 AM

Hello...

I'm new to the community, since the USD/BTC rate was $70.00, and because I was unsure about how things worked I've steadily tried many different ways of funding my account at MtGox.

I've done the wire to Japan thing:  Takes 3 days.
I've done the BitInstant thing:  It's a crapshoot as to which MoneyGram agent you get via phone, and have learned to go to Wal-Mart instead.  Also, there seems to be a dollar limit that I've now hit and I don't know how, when, or if it resets.

So in short the majority of funding transactions I've done are in the $100.00 to $2000.00 range.  Now that I'm reasonably comfortable with how things are working, I'm looking to find the fastest, least expensive option for funding my account with additional funds in higher amounts.  I like the speed I have experienced with BitInstant and I like the amounts available through wire.

Is there a service that combines both?

Thanks...

J.
Ken01

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 05:41:27 AM

I'm new and have similar questions.

I've just opened a MtGox acct. I've been able to add a bank for withdrawal of funds. It's now pending verification. Their withdrawal fee seems to be 2000 yen ($25.46). My bank doesn't charge for incoming wire if that's what it'll be.

But I'm still wrestling with the thought of high fees and delays for depositing funds into MtGox. An outgoing international wire transfer from my bank will cost me $50. Then MtGox will charge 1500 yen ($19.09) for the deposit.

Each direction has so many days of waiting. There has to be a better way! This is the new age, is it not!?

What's the best way of transferring funds to MtGox? I thought I notice some chat about Paypal? Or some type of an U.S.-based exchange to get a redemption code?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: