Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 09:39:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: anyone noticed a negative sentiment in the press lately?  (Read 1624 times)
paulie_w (OP)

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 07:58:53 AM

it kind of seems, i don't know, like after the rise some people with influence got scared.

nahh, it can't be right?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
buildbit

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 08:04:23 AM

I'm seeing heaps of comments from uneducated people with no idea about what bitcoin is really about. A lot of comments I have seen are about "the bitcoin company" issuing bitcoins and then they will run off with them.

There is always going to be negative comments but I think if we find an easy way to explain it to people, the negativity will be reduced
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 09:33:39 AM

it is a contrarian indicator. When all the news outlets are praising bitcoins and jumping for joy like idiots...sell.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

oakpacific

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 09:37:29 AM

Yup, medias were euphoric with the new Dow Jones high, I dare you to buy into them. Wink

https://tlsnotary.org/ Fraud proofing decentralized fiat-Bitcoin trading.
seldon

Activity: 353

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 09:39:02 AM

I'm seeing heaps of comments from uneducated people with no idea about what bitcoin is really about. A lot of comments I have seen are about "the bitcoin company" issuing bitcoins and then they will run off with them.

There is always going to be negative comments but I think if we find an easy way to explain it to people, the negativity will be reduced

Indeed, reading comments sections is no fun. Seems to be mostly "this is a ponzi" (no reasons given) or "is easy to hack/copy". I think it is obvious that some or most don't really want to understand something - they rather either rely on prejudice or on precast positions given by media or friends.
MikeH

Activity: 406

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 10:41:47 AM

mainstream media is controlled by the govt and banksters - if they decide they don't want bitcoin around, you won't see anything positive outside a couple of outlets like www.rt.com and www.presstv.ir (who keep getting taken off the air)
Newscastix

Activity: 349

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 11:39:50 AM

mainstream media is controlled by the govt and banksters - if they decide they don't want bitcoin around, you won't see anything positive outside a couple of outlets like www.rt.com and www.presstv.ir (who keep getting taken off the air)

+1
Manticore

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 12:29:02 PM

The media was extremely positive (hence the rise in BTC price) up until a few days ago. BTC went from unknown to novel to known during this quick media burst. There are still mostly positive stories coming out, but I have definitely noticed a barrage of negative/bubble articles over the past few days.

Bitcoin was probably over-exposed in the short-term, IMO. Too many Twitter mentions. Too many articles too quickly. There was even a story released a day or two ago that mentioned the bursting of the bitcoin 'news' bubble.

Magazine cover (contrarian) indicator has produced mixed results: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magazine_cover_indicator

seldon

Activity: 353

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 12:34:41 PM

The media was extremely positive (hence the rise in BTC price) up until a few days ago. BTC went from unknown to novel to known during this quick media burst. There are still mostly positive stories coming out, but I have definitely noticed a barrage of negative/bubble articles over the past few days.

Bitcoin was probably over-exposed in the short-term, IMO. Too many Twitter mentions. Too many articles too quickly. There was even a story released a day or two ago that mentioned the bursting of the bitcoin 'news' bubble.

Magazine cover (contrarian) indicator has produced mixed results: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magazine_cover_indicator

Even in this forum many are convinced that we are in a bubble - it might not be the worst, that people totally new to btc are warned. As soon as new people look at them as currency and not as investment is the point I'm looking forward to.
b!z
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 03:20:58 PM

Yes, the press is full of BS about Bitcoin being generated by hacker nerds by doing math and shit like that.
dopamine

Activity: 486
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 03:47:58 PM

even my friends are saying bitcoins is a bubble and I laughed and said we are not even close to that yet, and explained that each time bitcoin sold off we just go back up and go higher and showed him the charts and of course he keeps reading about all the negative news online for bitcoins. I just told him they will keep saying bitcoin is in a bubble even when we are over $300. Reading msm stuff you need to ask yourself what is there motivates behind it because they are owned by bankers.

Bitcoinica still has not given me 50% of my claim of 600 BTC
INTERSANGO can go down with bitcoinica for abandoning customers
Alberto Armandi is a SCAMMER
jinni

Activity: 255

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 03:49:48 PM

True. But is there really an easy way to explain a paradigm shift?
Arzack

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 03:57:40 PM

Journalists are mostly ignorant, stupid and too lazy to write something accurate on a very difficult matter like this.
farfiman
Legendary

Activity: 1449
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 04:42:35 PM

Journalists are mostly ignorant, stupid and too lazy to write something accurate on a very difficult matter like this.

and probably very upset they didn't buy in a year ago.....

"We are just fools. We insanely believe that we can replace one politician with another and something will really change. The ONLY possible way to achieve change is to change the very system of how government functions. Until we are prepared to do that, suck it up for your future belongs to the madness and corruption of politicians."
Martin Armstrong
jinni

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 11:59:12 AM

Hey, it's people who are mostly ignorant, stupid and too lazy. Journalists just write what people want to read.
Chalkbot
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 12:09:17 PM

Hey, it's people who are mostly ignorant, stupid and too lazy. Journalists just write what people want to read.

Exactly this. A really boring news story:

An emerging alternative to fiat currency seems to be doing very well online this week. -Numbers...blah blah, statistics, blah blah.-

An exciting news story:
The bitcoin scam is booming, despite previous warnings from the press. People are trading all of their real money, for a pretend money online that they hope to one day be able to spend for all their needs. -Interview with a crazy dude in a suit saying all kinds of things that aren't remotely true.-
Jobe7

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

Now they are thinking what to do with me

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 12:33:30 PM

An emerging alternative to fiat currency seems to be doing very well online this week. -Numbers...blah blah, statistics, blah blah.-

An exciting news story:
The bitcoin scam is booming, despite previous warnings from the press. People are trading all of their real money, for a pretend money online that they hope to one day be able to spend for all their needs. -Interview with a crazy dude in a suit saying all kinds of things that aren't remotely true.-

What you said Smiley
jinni

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 01:23:00 PM

An exciting news story:

+1

This is why i have stopped clicking on stories that I know are bullshit. Sometimes I read the economist but places like http://patriceayme.wordpress.com/ is where you find the good stuff which is somewhere on the edge between conspiracy theory, hard truth and mad ranting.

Certainly, my understanding that the financing of 9/11 came from Saudi Arabia (close ally of the US and probably the most conservative/reactionary country in the world), and then the US invades Afghanistan and Iraq, killing what is likely to be in the millions of innocent people did not come from traditional media.

Even though things like Oliver Stone's Untold History of the United States can be viewed as somewhat conspiratorial, it is still probably much closer to the truth than what you are spoonfed by the establishment.
b!z
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 01:25:35 PM

An exciting news story:

+1

This is why i have stopped clicking on stories that I know are bullshit. Sometimes I read the economist but places like http://patriceayme.wordpress.com/ is where you find the good stuff which is somewhere on the edge between conspiracy theory, hard truth and mad ranting.

Certainly, my understanding that the financing of 9/11 came from Saudi Arabia (close ally of the US and probably the most conservative/reactionary country in the world), and then the US invades Afghanistan and Iraq, killing what is likely to be in the millions of innocent people did not come from traditional media.

Even though things like Oliver Stone's Untold History of the United States can be viewed as somewhat conspiratorial, it is still probably much closer to the truth than what you are spoonfed by the establishment.

Ignorance is bliss, isn't it?
jinni

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 01:38:29 PM

An exciting news story:

+1

Ignorance is bliss, isn't it?

I prefer getting drunk Cheesy
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: