Bitcoin Forum
June 09, 2024, 06:12:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Circle CEO on BTC: Nobody Will Be Using Bitcoin in 5 to 10 Years  (Read 3871 times)
European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
December 07, 2016, 04:13:32 PM

it's over now. the option was shut off at the same time as the announcement.

I assume you can sell what's in your wallet there and that's it.
RawDog
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1026

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2016, 10:01:26 PM

it's over now. the option was shut off at the same time as the announcement.

I assume you can sell what's in your wallet there and that's it.
Sad to see yet another good company abandon its support for Bitcoin.  With the high fees and huge backlog, I don't see other companies sticking around either.  Maybe if there were a pending solution.  But, it is 100% sure as long as Maxwell is in control, the backlog will grow.  LN isn't even going to be ready for another two years at best.

*Image Removed* *Expletive Removed*  *Obsenity Removed*
What's going on - Slavetards?!!!
Watch my videos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oE43M1Z8Iew  1FuckYouc6zrtHbnqcHdhrSVhcxgpJgfds
DimensionZ

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

Shit, did I leave the stove on?

View Profile
December 09, 2016, 01:20:26 AM

Damn Circle abandoned Bitcoin for real? I have been out of the loop for a while and just noticed the big change. I couldn't completely understand what Circle are going to do now. It says on their site that they are going to move different currencies around with no fees whatsoever and they are developing a social payment app. So does this mean that Circle won't be a fiat exchange any more and will transition to being a fiat payment processor?

European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
December 09, 2016, 01:24:31 AM

for real but they said they're going to continue using bitcoin for settlement and they'll host a bitcoin wallet still. it's the btc/fiat buying and selling that's gone.
DimensionZ

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

Shit, did I leave the stove on?

View Profile
December 09, 2016, 01:31:41 AM

for real but they said they're going to continue using bitcoin for settlement and they'll host a bitcoin wallet still. it's the btc/fiat buying and selling that's gone.

But is there a statement posted anywhere that explains their decision behind this change? I couldn't find anything on that support page on Circle. I would assume their business plan with Bitcoin has gone south and they have lost customers or something and it's not profitable any more to invest in the Bitcoin infrastructure. Or is there something else? I would love to read an official statement about this.

Edit. I found it: https://blog.circle.com/2016/12/06/spark-new-markets-app-messaging-and-bitcoin-changes/

In a nutshell, Circle are building fiat-to-fiat social payment platform that is going to run on Blockchain technology.

Yeah guys, vanilla Bitcoin Blockchain is dead. The future is fusion.

FallingKnife
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1076

keybase.io/fallingknife/

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2016, 02:15:10 AM

Uninstalled their shitty app today.  I have zero reason to use Circle now.

"Nobody will be using Bitcoin in 5 years?"  Hell, nobody will be using Circle in 5 days.

Nostr:
npub14wk4hrq6atlq020c7r6eyylpu9gjukyqzafzxu6u80unqfrplq9qhtx8sy
Ryan Dugan

Activity: 924
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2016, 03:12:16 AM

Uninstalled their shitty app today.  I have zero reason to use Circle now.

"Nobody will be using Bitcoin in 5 years?"  Hell, nobody will be using Circle in 5 days.

Haha nice one xP

Whoever said that and wrote that article is a complete prat. What a moronic thing to say.
I think he must be a super god able to tell the future we should all listen to someone who is so sure about something.
I mean Jesus where do they find these idiots.

BrewMaster
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1292

There is trouble abrewing

View Profile
December 09, 2016, 03:58:51 AM

i was actually looking for this news the other day, wanting to see where it all began. it seems like Circle has a history of shit talking about bitcoin. i wonder why they even get into bitcoin business if they thought like this about bitcoin in the first place and now with their new shit talk about bitcoin they dont allow buying bitcoin.

There is a FOMO brewing...
chaser15
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1065

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
December 09, 2016, 04:14:53 AM

i was actually looking for this news the other day, wanting to see where it all began. it seems like Circle has a history of shit talking about bitcoin. i wonder why they even get into bitcoin business if they thought like this about bitcoin in the first place and now with their new shit talk about bitcoin they dont allow buying bitcoin.

That is their own view so we have nothing to do with. We all have own analyzation and view on what will be the future of bitcoin. Some of the suggested claims is really non basis and I can keep up with them to some debates. But technically Im surely wrong with some of my assumptions but hey as of now Im pretty sure that no big events will happen that can bring downfall for bitcoin.

This is only "FOR NOW". Watch out.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
Omega Weapon

Activity: 1092
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 09, 2016, 04:48:33 AM

The guy is just trying to get some free publicity that is all, besides the statement is too broad even if a new coin emerged I’m sure some people will keep using bitcoin even if just to prove him wrong.
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
December 09, 2016, 05:07:38 AM
Last edit: December 09, 2016, 05:20:30 AM by QuestionAuthority

Damn Circle abandoned Bitcoin for real? I have been out of the loop for a while and just noticed the big change. I couldn't completely understand what Circle are going to do now. It says on their site that they are going to move different currencies around with no fees whatsoever and they are developing a social payment app. So does this mean that Circle won't be a fiat exchange any more and will transition to being a fiat payment processor?

They've always primarily been a fiat payment system that also took Bitcoin. Their main use is to allow people to send money around the world in any currency (dollars, euros, pounds or whatever) for absolutely NO fee. You can text someone an emoji and have money hidden behind it or just text them money. They have two factor authentication and are FDIC insured. There's no limit on how much you can send and all you do to sign up is take a pic of your debit card. Its ridiculously simple to use. As far as I can tell, they are the only true competitor to Bitcoin without the transaction fee.

Of course, we will shun them because we worship at the alter of Satoshi. The rest of society will like Circle because it's easy, insured, has no fee and uses your current bank account.

One other thing, I've attempted to call almost every exchange in bitcoinland since Tradehill and was never able to talk to a person. Before I set up my account I called circle and they answered my call in one ring and answered all my questions.

Here are their support numbers if you want to give it a try.

US +1 800 398 7172

Canada +1 800 398 7172

Europe

UK +44 1793 250273

Ireland +353 76 888 6385

Austria +43 720 116408

Denmark +45 89 88 48 73

France +33 9 75 18 69 39

Italy +39 045 786 0905

Netherlands +31 85 888 6879

Poland +48 22 307 23 72

Portugal +351 308 804 274

Spain +34 518 808 538

Asia Pacific

Hong Kong +852 58089373

Japan +81 345606551

New Zealand +64 6 880 6119

nara1892

Merit: 675

View Profile
December 09, 2016, 05:39:53 AM

This was earlier posted and discussed in our one of social media groups and for me it's just a FUD. There was already a numerous times when those experts claimed that bitcoin will be doomed nor can't be widely used worldwide.

"Our view is that we’re still in the really early stages of the technology and its development. It’s highly unlikely that any of us will be using Bitcoin in five or ten years"

- development means continous and no one can predict accurately what will be the exact output to happen

agree. the tech is still developed, but it does not mean that the tech will die. it has possibility to be better tech and is accessible for everybody.

besides, bitcoin is 8 years and it is still accessible untill now. well the man told his prediction, and not all prediction will be right.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK  
          100%   MULTICHARGER  
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
December 09, 2016, 05:54:43 AM

This was earlier posted and discussed in our one of social media groups and for me it's just a FUD. There was already a numerous times when those experts claimed that bitcoin will be doomed nor can't be widely used worldwide.

"Our view is that we’re still in the really early stages of the technology and its development. It’s highly unlikely that any of us will be using Bitcoin in five or ten years"

- development means continous and no one can predict accurately what will be the exact output to happen

agree. the tech is still developed, but it does not mean that the tech will die. it has possibility to be better tech and is accessible for everybody.

besides, bitcoin is 8 years and it is still accessible untill now. well the man told his prediction, and not all prediction will be right.

His prediction is crap. He's just saying that because he knows he's competing with Bitcoin. Why would a competitor want to help Bitcoin?

Yakamoto
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
December 09, 2016, 06:02:32 AM

It doesn't surprise me why this guy said this now, considering they're pulling their support of Bitcoin transactions and services. An attempt at getting additional attention by someone in the investing world before they left Bitcoin completely, and I'm not sure what their goals was supposed to be exactly.

They alienate their original base and go off with a new market, one not necessarily open to them.

I'm confused.
RawDog
Legendary

Merit: 1026

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2016, 10:08:56 PM

It doesn't surprise me why this guy said this now, considering they're pulling their support of Bitcoin transactions and services. An attempt at getting additional attention by someone in the investing world before they left Bitcoin completely, and I'm not sure what their goals was supposed to be exactly.

They alienate their original base and go off with a new market, one not necessarily open to them.

I'm confused.
He is a practical guy who understands if the network cannot be used to make money, it will die.  Presently, the mismanagement that arises from the silly notion of 'consensus' causes network development to come to a total halt.  Therefore, he checked out.  bye-bye. 

Consensus is a great idea like communism.  It just doesn't produce the intended result, like communism.

*Image Removed* *Expletive Removed*  *Obsenity Removed*
What's going on - Slavetards?!!!
Watch my videos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oE43M1Z8Iew  1FuckYouc6zrtHbnqcHdhrSVhcxgpJgfds
fiscorcle

Activity: 994
Merit: 502

View Profile
December 13, 2016, 10:10:54 PM

So this guy at Circle is trying to get people off of using bitcoin? Undecided
That is just said to see from someone who was making it their livleyhood. Embarrassed
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 10377

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
December 13, 2016, 10:52:28 PM

I'm confused.
He is a practical guy who understands if the network cannot be used to make money, it will die.  Presently, the mismanagement that arises from the silly notion of 'consensus' causes network development to come to a total halt.  Therefore, he checked out.  bye-bye. 

Consensus is a great idea like communism.  It just doesn't produce the intended result, like communism.

Bitcoin is not anywhere near broken, whether it has to do with governance (as you suggest) or technological innovativeness. 

Are you one of those bigblocker troll nutjobs, Rawdog? 

We have a lot of great things going on in bitcoin, including the likely upcoming live version of seg wit - likely in the coming year or so and too bad Circle has chosen to alter its business model in such a way that is less helpful in getting new regular folks into bitcoin - likely Circle had some concerns about profitability, monetization of their model and possibly were concerned about some of the regulatory issues involved with buying/selling bitcoins directly with their customers.

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
RealEstCoin

Activity: 110
Merit: 10

The Commercial Real Estate Coin

View Profile
December 14, 2016, 03:59:28 AM

Bitcoin is growing exponentially. At this rate, it seems the usage should double in the next 5 to 10 years.

Zadicar
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1020

View Profile
December 14, 2016, 04:06:46 AM

Bitcoin is growing exponentially. At this rate, it seems the usage should double in the next 5 to 10 years.

Well this is a very good news regarding that circle would able to adopt bitcoin on next 5 to 10 years but i think they are late enough to engage. If they decide to adopt bitcoin then its the best time to do it now since bitcoins is only at its earlier years or maybe they are just waiting for the exact time when bitcoin reaches a particular time or year.
deadsilent

Activity: 1148
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 14, 2016, 04:14:48 AM

Well this is a very good news regarding that circle would able to adopt bitcoin on next 5 to 10 years but i think they are late enough to engage. If they decide to adopt bitcoin then its the best time to do it now since bitcoins is only at its earlier years or maybe they are just waiting for the exact time when bitcoin reaches a particular time or year.
Lol.  You should be reading everything before you make this post. The op say the ceo of circle states that nobody will use bitcoin after 5-10 years. Anyway, i respect their decision. But saying those words. I think theres no need to say that. Circle just dump bitcoin. Thats it. No one is affected. I think their just be fine. There are many companies out there that are willing to engage with bitcoin and will be more in the future.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: