Bitcoin Forum
September 24, 2024, 07:39:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Unconfirmed transaction 0/unconfirmed, in memory pool please help!!  (Read 1716 times)
hifer (OP)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 21, 2016, 06:56:03 PM

Im new to bitcoin i accidentally press custom Transaction fee and it been unconfirmed for 5 hours please help. Is there anyway to fix this like changing transaction fee. i trying to use this method -zapwallettxes but i don't know how and i also try to use abandontransaction i get an error saying Transaction not eligible for abandonment (code -5). Please help me.
here my transaction id: e871ba159b665d55276bf3bc12bf086e6a9134d0c8a1a6444b82a19d2412edca
longbob72

Activity: 574
Merit: 503

V2h5IGFyZSB5b3UgcmVhZGluZyB0aGlzPw==

View Profile
November 21, 2016, 07:10:52 PM

-zapwallettxes is used as argument when starting bitcoin qt. If you're using windows then check my post here and simply replace -rescan with -zapwallettxes. If you're using other OS post it here.

▄▄███████▄▄                           ▄      ▄
   ██████████████▄                       ███    ███
  ███▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀████                     ███    ███
  █████████████▄ ▀███                    ███    ███   █▄ ▄▄
   ▀████▄  ▄▄███  ▀███                   ███    ███  ▄████
   ▄███████████   ▄███                  ███    ███  ▀▀███▀▀
   ███           ▄███         ▄▄▄▄      ███    ███     █    ▄▄  ▄▄▄▄
  ▄███     ▄▄▄▄█████        ▄█████▄    ▄██▀   ▄██▀    ███   █████████
  ███▄    ████████         ▄███▀▀███   ███    ███    ███▀   █████▀████
   ███     ▀▀█████▄      ▄█████▄ ███   ███    ███    ███    ████   ███
   ███         ▀███▄     ███▀███ ███  ███▀   ███▀    ███    ███▀   ███
   ███           ███▄    ███  ▀▀ ███  ███    ███    ███▀   ▄███    ███
   ▀██▄           ███    ███▄  ▄███   ███    ███    ███    ███    ███▀
    ███           ▀███▄   ████████    ███    ███    ███    ███    ███
    ▀██            ▀████   ▀████▀      ██     ██    ▀██    ▀█▀    ▀█▀

▄▄▀                ▀▄▄
     ▄ ▀▀                    ▀▀ ▄
   ▄ ▀▀▀                      ▀▀▀ ▄
  ▄▀▀▀                          ▀▀▀▄
 ▀█▄▄                            ▄▄█▀
▄█  ▄                            ▄  █▄
▀█ █▀                            ▀█ █▀
█▄  ▄                            ▄  ▄█
▀█ █                              █ █▀
█▄   █                          █   ▄█
 ██▄█▀                          ▀█▄██
  ▀▀  ▄█                      █▄  ▀▀
  ▀██▄ ▀  █▄              ▄█  ▀ ▄██▀
    ▀▀▀   ██  █▄      ▄█  ██   ▀▀▀
     ▀███▄▄▀  ███    ███  ▀▄▄███▀
        ▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▀    ▀▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀
          ▀▀█████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀
Free Bitcoins
Chat Lottery & Games
Level Up System with Rewards
▄████████▄  ▄████████▄
██      ██  ██      ██
██      ██  ██      ██
██      ██  ██      ██
██      ██  ██      ██
 ████████    ████████
██      ██  ██      ██
██      ██  ██      ██
██      ██  ██      ██
██      ██  ██      ██
▀████████▀  ▀████████▀
achow101
Legendary

Activity: 3500
Merit: 6833

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2016, 07:53:46 PM

-zapwallettxes is used as argument when starting bitcoin qt. If you're using windows then check my post here and simply replace -rescan with -zapwallettxes. If you're using other OS post it here.
Or read https://achow101.com/2016/07/Bitcoin-Core-Troubleshooting#option-startup which includes instructions for all OSes.

hifer (OP)

View Profile
November 22, 2016, 05:05:12 AM

No fix yet the post you guys replied are not helpful
achow101
Legendary

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2016, 05:15:36 AM

No fix yet the post you guys replied are not helpful
Do you not see the transaction in your transactions list? Is your balance back to where it was before the transaction? If so, then you can send the transaction again but with a higher fee. Technically that is a double spend and it will have a different transaction id. The original that you posted will still exist on the network.

hifer (OP)

View Profile
November 22, 2016, 05:21:39 AM

yes i see my transaction in my trnasaction list mark as ? status 0/unconfirmed, in memory pool. I don't know if my balance is back to where it was before but all i know it is unspent and i use slow transaction fee which is 0.0000.1 per kb. How can i resend it again when i can't abandon it. if i double spend i don't have the money to double spend.
achow101
Legendary

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2016, 05:24:04 AM

yes i see my transaction in my trnasaction list mark as ? status 0/unconfirmed, in memory pool. I don't know if my balance is back to where it was before but all i know it is unspent and i use slow transaction fee which is 0.0000.1 per kb. How can i resend it again when i can't abandon it. if i double spend i don't have the money to double spend.
Did you start Bitcoin Core with -zapwallettxes as we told you to? Did you follow the instructions? -zapwallettxes will clear the unconfirmed transactions from your wallet.

hifer (OP)

View Profile
November 22, 2016, 05:28:43 AM

This is my first time using bitcoin i have no idea how to do it i follow alot of steps and still frustrating. I have window. is there a video on how to use it? Huh
achow101
Legendary

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2016, 05:30:52 AM

This is my first time using bitcoin i have no idea how to do it i follow alot of steps and still frustrating. I have window. is there a video on how to use it? Huh
Windows instructions:
Right click the shortcut that you use for starting Bitcoin Core. Click on Properties in that menu. In the Properties window, go to the box labeled Target. Click the box and move your cursor all the way to the right, past what is already in there. Then type -zapwallettxes, making sure that there is a space between what is already in the box and what you just typed. Then just click OK and double click the shortcut to start Bitcoin Core. When Bitcoin Core is fully started, do the exact same thing but remove -zapwallettxes instead of adding it.

hifer (OP)

View Profile
November 22, 2016, 05:47:37 AM

i right click on the bitcoin client. I click on properties but then in that properties window i don't see a box labeled target all i see is security tab, details, previous versions, general, shortcut, compatiblity
achow101
Legendary

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2016, 06:00:05 AM

i right click on the bitcoin client. I click on properties but then in that properties window i don't see a box labeled target all i see is security tab, details, previous versions, general, shortcut, compatiblity
Then that isn't a shortcut and is the executable file directly. In whatever you are clicking it on (either the desktop or the file explorer, click somewhere else in the same window (i.e. if on the desktop click somewhere else on the desktop, if in the file explorer click on some whitespace in the file explorer window) so that nothing is highlighted. Then hold Shift and then right click and choose the option for "Open command window here". Then type
Code:
bitcoin-qt.exe -zapwallettxes
and hit enter. This will start Core with that option.

hifer (OP)

View Profile
November 22, 2016, 06:11:06 AM

finally got it figured out so what next after this?
achow101
Legendary

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2016, 06:20:56 AM

finally got it figured out so what next after this?
Bitcoin Core will start and it will clear the unconfirmed transactions. You should see that the transaction is gone now.

If you go to Settings > Options > Wallets Tab and check the box "Enable coin control settings", when you go send, you should then see a box that is titled "Coin Control features" and a button labeled "inputs". Click that button and choose the addresses that your original transaction sent from and click OK. Then at the bottom where it says "Transaction Fee" click the "Choose" button. In the box that now appears, choose the option for "Recommended" and move the slider all the way to the right to where it says "Fast". Now make your payment again and you will get a transaction with a high enough fee for it to confirm quickly.

hifer (OP)

View Profile
November 22, 2016, 06:54:46 AM

Oh crap i din't do that i got messege say double spender Warning! this transaction is a double spend. You should be extremely careful when trusting any transactions to/from this sender.
hifer (OP)

View Profile
November 22, 2016, 07:02:38 AM

nvm it worked thank you so much Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: