Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 11:22:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Question on P2pool and LTC client transaction fees  (Read 1864 times)
erpbridge (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 954
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 02:52:10 PM

So, started mining again a week or 2 ago (Last mined a couple years ago). Mining LTC, pointed at notroll, was doing fine until I saw a combo of things... pool-x has a lower pool fee... a post earlier this week that notroll is going to attack the network with a 51 pct attack and destroy the network. Switched to Pool-x, but due to something (DOS, or maybe bad Internet routes), I lose connection at times. So, setup a LTC P2pool (SupaDupa guide) on one of my servers in a VM I have here at home, and have cgminer mining pool-x with failover to my p2pool... and a couple cpu miners also mining to p2pool (the machines are already up all day consuming the electricity.) This way I am not hurting the network by using notroll, mitigating the downtime when pool-x is down by swapping over to in-house, and getting some consistent ongoing income in my wallet from the CPUminers. I cashed a couple LTC out of notroll, and have yet to meet the Pool-x cashout. Meanwhile, generated a couple LTC in P2pool already.

When I cashed the coins out of notroll to my wallet, and deposited up to BTC-e, I don't remember a huge fee. However now, during the past week or so most of my coin accumulation in my wallet has been coming in pieces and parts from my LTC P2pool node (0.02 here, 0.03 there). I have a couple coins, went to transfer to BTC-e, and got prompted about a 0.9 LTC transaction fee.

Want to diversify my coins... so want to transfer some of my earnings over into a few different coins to start with.

So, my question here... why am I getting hit with a 0.9 LTC fee for a 1.8 LTC transfer? Should I just be waiting till I mine up about 10LTC (about once a month) and cash over to the exchange, rather than doing a couple coins at a time?

Or is this something that is tied to the use of P2pool and its many microtransactions of 0.02-0.04 coins? If that's the case, anything I can modify about the config of P2pool to mitigate this? Or is this just something you have to swallow as a cost of getting a constant income rather than cashing out once in a while from a pool? Want to think I read something about that I'm having to pay the transaction fee later, and the only thing that's really correlating in my mind is something similar to the difference between an IRA that you pay taxes ahead of time, vs one you pay the taxes on at time of withdrawl.
DeeSome

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 10:47:49 PM

I had same thing, mined on P2pool and wanted to move 1.3 ltc to another wallet but having to pay .9 makes it pointless mining.
Marrs

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 04:29:40 PM

Have you tried mining directly to your btc-e litecoin address?
maqifrnswa

Activity: 454

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 10:20:55 PM

Does appending "/DIFFICULTY" to your username work for LTC like it does for BTC p2pool? DIFFICULTY is your desired difficulty, you will only submit shares to p2pool that are > DIFFICULTY.

What that does is prevent you from sending small work shares worth .02 and only send shares to the share chain worth more. Of course, you will submit less shares so your variance will go up, so you have to tune it how you'd like.

e.g.
./cgminer -o pooladdress -u ltcmineruser/DIFFICULTY -p meh
erpbridge (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 954
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 04:23:08 AM

Marrs, I'm VERY hesitant about mining anything directly to an online address. To me, that's essentially the same as if I just used them for an online wallet in the first place. We all know the dangers THAT poses... place getting hacked and someone making off with about 300 thousand dollars in coin wallets, etc.

I understand your point that you're making... but even if the answer was something to the effect of Load Balance mining with CGminer so that a portion goes to p2pool, a portion to pool-x, and a portion to notroll, I'd rather do that, then consolidate it all into my wallet before sending off to BTC-e... than just mining directly to BTC-e, or any of the other exchanges.

I was just trying to get a little more educated on the WHY this happens.
MooC Tals

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 03:30:12 AM

Has anyone tried doing this to see if they ding you with tx fees? I really would like to hear anyone's experience. I know that if you put money in the traditional way you do get charged .5 fee from btce already.
Marrs

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 03:43:20 AM

Has anyone tried doing this to see if they ding you with tx fees? I really would like to hear anyone's experience. I know that if you put money in the traditional way you do get charged .5 fee from btce already.

I haven't tried it, but I did realize that it most likely will not work.

BTC-E has a minimum transaction amount for deposits of 0.1 LTC. If you deposit less, I believe they simply ignore it and you lose the deposit entirely.

gjpminingco

Activity: 350

Co-Owner Of DCMCo-Op Mining Farm at 3.5 th/s

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2013, 06:35:32 AM

Yes you will lose the deposit..... they claim their wallet can't accept transactions of less then 0.1 ltc so if you send less you are S.O.L According To them ( btc-e ) that is

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: