Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 01:52:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Namecoin storage  (Read 695 times)
mumung (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 03:08:48 PM

With the announcement to cease operations from the bitparking nmc-exchange I was wondering
if there is any other storage/wallet for namecoins then other exchanges and the namecoind-wallet, since it will reopen soon, but only for
withdrawals?

Other exchanges seem pretty vulnerable at this point, with the current rise in value of alternate crypto-currencies,
namecoind-wallet seems to be not very user friendly.
Other questions about the namecoind-wallet are:
1. Is the wallet-encrypted?
2. It is probably by nature as vulnarable for theft as the normal bitcoin-wallet, right? But people seem not to care?

Thanks.
dotbitme

Activity: 65
Merit: 2

dotbit.me

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2013, 10:20:40 PM

dotbit.me, a site I created for registering .bit domains, can also be used as an online wallet for namecoins and bitcoins. Transfers in and out are free.

Please note that it's still in beta. That said, it's worked flawlessly for over three months.

To answer your questions, the namecoind wallet is not encrypted and people seemingly care less than with bitcoins because the value of namecoins is low.

Regards,
Tagide

Btcdiv.com - The ultimate source for bitcoin forks & airdrops | Dotbit.me - buy .bit domains for Bitcoins, Namecoins, altcoins or PayPal!
No_2

Activity: 901
Merit: 1033

BTC: the beginning of stake-based public resources

View Profile
April 14, 2013, 11:30:40 PM

mumung:

You can store and trade NMC at Vircurex. If you use my code below to sign up you will get discounts on your trades for a year and I will get a % of each trade you make for a year:

https://vircurex.com/welcome/index?referral_id=179-4876

At the moment they are trading at 0.1% exchange fees until the end of April (half the price of BTC-E) and even less with the above code.

I'm not sure of Vircurex's security procedures currently but I intend to find out shortly.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: