Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 10:06:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: WTF is with the mainstream media and Bitcoin?  (Read 1969 times)
rat (OP)

Activity: 253
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 03:24:33 PM

Seriously.

I'm critical of Bitcoin too - but in a positive way.

I try to be realistic about it's weaknesses - for the sake of reason and progress.

But, Jesus H. Christ.

Many of the articles about Bitcoin that I have read lately from the lamestream media

have been absolutely fucking reprehensible.

Loaded with bullshit and lies.

It's like they want it to fail.

I have actually read articles by financial gurus that have absolutely no fucking idea what Bitcoin is.

I don't think they even tried.

The things the public are being told about Bitcoin by these clowns could very well cheat people from being a part of something so liberating.

Makes me wonder about the other shit they report on.

Is objectivity dead in journalism?   
mai77

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 03:26:45 PM

the usual FUD campaign because f*****g Bernanke is going down for good.

Bernanke - last head of FED in history.
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 03:29:25 PM

Relax, buy more while the price is low and be happy.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
tutkarz

Activity: 546
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 03:45:49 PM

Worst thing they can do is to stop writing about bitcoin Smiley But i dont know if it isnt too late for this.

ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2013, 03:47:15 PM

oh my you people are bitching already?
tysat
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1004

Keep it real

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 05:06:00 PM

the usual FUD campaign because f*****g Bernanke is going down for good.

Bernanke - last head of FED in history.

From reading your posts you have some interesting views...

Bitcoin =\= FED going away
bassclef

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 05:56:08 PM

Anyone who followed Ron Paul's campaign closely last election (also the one before) will not be surprised by this. The negative journalism and outright lies were reprehensible. Of course his big issue is about the dangers of central banking. Can't have a candidate upsetting the status quo gravy train.

We are stabbing at the heart of the beast; don't expect any help from the presstitutes. They will go down kicking and screaming.
ElectricMucus
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2013, 05:58:54 PM

Anyone who followed Ron Paul's campaign closely last election (also the one before) will not be surprised by this. The negative journalism and outright lies were reprehensible. Of course his big issue is about the dangers of central banking. Can't have a candidate upsetting the status quo gravy train.

We are stabbing at the heart of the beast; don't expect any help from the presstitutes. They will go down kicking and screaming.

Famous last words.
Bitcoinm

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 06:12:31 PM

They're just hoping on the story bandwagon.  You can't expect them to like Bitcoin; the media loves bad news and they have no reason to naturally "like" Bitcoin.
Junko
Legendary

Activity: 1512

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 06:40:26 PM

"First they ignore you. Then they ridicule you. Then they fight you. Then you win."
zeroday
Donator

Activity: 784

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 06:46:42 PM

Don't see a problem at all. I like how media is now pouring loads of shit at bitcoin. I'm waiting for crash to buy moooooore BTC Grin
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 06:49:47 PM

I've tried to explain Bitcoin to bankers, MBAs, middle managers, and small business owners. Very few really understand Bitcoin. Perhaps there needs to be a scientific brain study to determine what part of the brain it is. Someone needs to invent a pill that turns on the Bitcoin part of the brain. Until then, just enjoy the good fortune that allows you to grok Bitcoin.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
ElectricMucus
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2013, 07:26:29 PM

I've tried to explain Bitcoin to bankers, MBAs, middle managers, and small business owners. Very few really understand Bitcoin. Perhaps there needs to be a scientific brain study to determine what part of the brain it is. Someone needs to invent a pill that turns on the Bitcoin part of the brain. Until then, just enjoy the good fortune that allows you to grok Bitcoin.

It's the same part involved with getting into libertarianism, conspiracy theories and new age stuff for sure.
ffssixtynine

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 07:36:41 PM

Real journalism has been all but dead in many places for years, particularly mainstream US television. It isn't just Bitcoin. This is partly a result of a tiny number of media companies dominating the US whereas there used to be many.
alexh

Activity: 183
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 07:47:42 PM

Bitcoins need to age more, old people aren't even capable opening their browsers. They will probably never use Bitcoin in its current state.
zeroday
Donator

Activity: 784

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 07:49:03 PM

No surprise, they are zombies and can only follow "guidelines" and checklists. They are unable to focus their attention on something that takes more than 30 seconds to understand.

If you want them to understand at least very basic principles of bitcoin, you have to make a presentation with big pictures like those in elementary schools .
marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2349

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 10:59:28 PM

oh my you people are bitching bit-ching already?

fixed.

LightRider
Legendary

Activity: 1500
Merit: 1021

I advocate the Zeitgeist Movement & Venus Project.

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2013, 11:01:57 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=168651.0

Perhaps we can help point out these flaws and biases as a community?

Bitcoin combines money, the wrongest thing in the world, with software, the easiest thing in the world to get wrong.
Visit www.thevenusproject.com and www.theZeitgeistMovement.com.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: