Bitcoin Forum
July 21, 2024, 09:51:04 PM *
News: Help 1Dq create 15th anniversary forum artwork.

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What software do you use?  (Read 324 times)
Zeemvel (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 03:51:20 PM

What software do bitcoin users typically use?

I just got started and am trying bitcoin-qt, but it seems pretty limited. E.g. if I'd buy one of those physical plastic bitcoins with a hash code on it, it seems bitcoin-qt only allows importing it with the importprivkey command which it calls experimental, and does not at all allow you to transfer it from there to a safer address (after allt he one who sold you the plastic coin also knows the private key).

So what software is useful for bitcoins?

Thanks!
wzl

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 05:30:23 PM

i mine with cgminer

I use multibit and bitcoin-qt for wallets although I'm not sure which I like more.
bitcoin-qt uses a lot of space on my disk.

multibit has the USD exchange rate displayed on it (from MtGox) which is nice, plus it syncs up to the network quicker and uses less disk space.
Stampbit

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 05:48:21 PM

i find the electrum client to be the best solution overall, it comes with the safety of a local wallet without the need to maintain the entire blockchain, and if you delete your wallet or lose it you can just type in the reseed code and it will bring it back.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: