Bitcoin Forum
October 06, 2024, 08:21:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 28.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Old backup wallet displayed with 0.0 BTC and no TRXs  (Read 549 times)
Tacmot (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 22, 2016, 01:14:04 PM
Last edit: November 22, 2016, 01:38:15 PM by Tacmot

I've been mining bitcoins 2-1 years ago on Eclipse MC.
I created a new wallet with Bitcoin Core and used it to receive mined BTCs.
(sorry, can't provide wallet address right now but can do it later if needed)

After about 1-1.5 year break I wanted to check my wallet balance (a week ago).

When I started the (still old) Bitcoin Core client it displayed 0.0 balance.
I thought I might have screwed up something and replaced wallet.dat with the one I've backed up a while ago - still 0.0 and no transactions in the history (address seems to be still correct).

I've downloaded new BitCore and whole blockchain (~80GB) - after wallet resync and recheck still the same (0 and no TRXs).

http://blockchain.info also says it's virgin.

I wanted to doublecheck which address I used to auto-transfer BTCs from mining pool, but eclipsemc.com is currently down.

I've recalled I had a sale on localbitcoins.com once and have looked into my history.
There I've found my transaction but without TRX ID and Localbitcoins support could not provide me with one.

What looks weird to me is that Localbitcoins wallet address (19XZ9sUDRTfQEWZN4efzn5GvGipHrpj2dJ) I've been using to receive and send bitcoins is also shown as completely empty on blockchain.org.
But there must be some transactions for sure!
Even if my own wallet has been hacked - there have to be transactions listed too, haven't they?

Am I doing something wrong?
Does the blockchain.info shows TRXs until certain age only??

I'm feeleing a bit lost here...

Can you help me with that, please?
Jhanzo

Activity: 798
Merit: 506

Thank satoshi

View Profile
November 22, 2016, 01:39:33 PM

Transaction never disappears from the blockchain once it have been confirmed.  Not sure about localbitcoins one, but your wallet.dat might have to be upgraded to the new format.
Searched around and I found this.  Try doing that but keep the backup.

Trusted an exchange that climbed to the top 3 in just under 2 years with your money? you are fucking stupid.
Tacmot (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 23, 2016, 10:17:11 AM

Transaction never disappears from the blockchain once it have been confirmed.  Not sure about localbitcoins one, but your wallet.dat might have to be upgraded to the new format.
Searched around and I found this.  Try doing that but keep the backup.

Thanks, Jhanzo, I'll give it a try.

Wallet version doesn't explain the empty report on blockchain though, but will get to it later Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: