Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 08:55:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Anti-Bitcoin propaganda  (Read 1465 times)
Kazimir
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 06:48:51 AM

Iran pays donors 1200$ for a kidney and they have zero waiting lists.
Ooh, those evil dollars are no good Sad They should be banned!

In theory, there's no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is.
Insert coin(s): 1KazimirL9MNcnFnoosGrEkmMsbYLxPPob

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Hazte

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 07:05:27 AM

Bitcoin enables the 99% to take control of their financial future again.

These idiots whining about being the "99%" are lazy pieces of shit. You can clearly see this from all of their bullshit protests and their idiotic signs about how these lazy idiots chose to spend money they don't have or "go to school" for courses that would never get anyone a job, ever, in any country or on any planet. The shitbags pretending they are the "99%" are the same turds who were walking around with Starbucks in one hand and an iPhone in the other.

Do NOT put useful things, like a digital currency that can immediately enable Internet services to become safe and secure (unlike using PayPal), into the same category as the "99%". The "99%" will always be lazy pieces of shit that try as hard as they can to ride on the money that they didn't earn and don't deserve. Cryptocoin is for people who at least attempt to be something useful to society.

Well said! Smiley
threeip

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2013, 07:09:49 AM

Iran pays donors 1200$ for a kidney and they have zero waiting lists.
Ooh, those evil dollars are no good Sad They should be banned!

Wtb kidney for btc!

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ GPG:2AFD99BB ಠ_ಠ mon
dflatline

Activity: 14

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 07:13:31 AM

Bitcoin enables the 99% to take control of their financial future again.

These idiots whining about being the "99%" are lazy pieces of shit. You can clearly see this from all of their bullshit protests and their idiotic signs about how these lazy idiots chose to spend money they don't have or "go to school" for courses that would never get anyone a job, ever, in any country or on any planet. The shitbags pretending they are the "99%" are the same turds who were walking around with Starbucks in one hand and an iPhone in the other.

Do NOT put useful things, like a digital currency that can immediately enable Internet services to become safe and secure (unlike using PayPal), into the same category as the "99%". The "99%" will always be lazy pieces of shit that try as hard as they can to ride on the money that they didn't earn and don't deserve. Cryptocoin is for people who at least attempt to be something useful to society.

If you've got about $20 cash in your pocket you're part of the 1% in global terms.
ArmoredDragon

Activity: 49

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 08:00:49 AM

As somebody who has never been a drug user (I even try to stay away from prescribed narcotics as I'm afraid of accidental addiction, and I only go out drinking about once a year, rarely if ever becoming what you'd consider "drunk") I have to say I really like the idea of the silk road. Here's why:

During a normal drug transaction, or even merely knowing somebody who is a drug user because of regular contact, makes you a target for being robbed or even killed. The silk road is completely anonymous so there's almost zero chance of this happening, and so far I haven't heard of it happening. Also, since drug dealers on the silk road have a reputation to keep, the quality of their goods must also have a reputation. This means it is less likely that you'll find substances that are contaminated with anything that can kill you.

I think if the silk road stays alive, it is possible we may one day see an end to cartel violence. Since there is no physical contact between individuals, it should be easier to hide farms or labs used to create these substances, so the need to smuggle them from out of the country will be severely diminished.

As a general rule, when anything becomes contraband, you end up with black markets because you can never remove the demand for those goods. Black markets inevitably lead to violence. This is what the war on drugs causes. We shouldn't have to put up with this just because Chuck Schumer thinks some hippie derp deserves jail time just because he wanted to get high.
jonytk

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 10:44:51 AM

actually is ok to remark the possible flaws and dangers of the system,
keep in mind the average consumer is not that tech savvy and can have a virus in his laptop that wipes out his bitcoins.
So it will take years.

And if everybody jumped in at once, the value will skyrocket even more and we can see an actual bubble, that will be damaging for everyone adopting bitcoin and damaging for the bitcoin image.

Photonfrog

Activity: 28

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 11:22:29 AM

Isn't the weaker side of Bitcoins the lack of protection for the buyer? If I spend my coins for buying anything which does not get delivered where do I go to either get my money back or force delivery of the product?
gmak

Activity: 12

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 11:47:18 AM

i believe they will try to take it down and one way or another they will probably succeed.  It is to our interest to stick to our grounds and grow, support and stabilize the movement.  I would never invest all my savings or even a substantial amount of them.  But what i suggest is that everyone converts an amount (which if lost is not detremental ) to bitcoin with the intention of never converting it back to $$.  As i said they will try to take down bitcoin if it tries to completely dominate.  If everyone followed this it will grow slow and strong with heavy roots.  Lets not be greedy people!
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: