Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 01:51:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Anti-Bitcoin propaganda  (Read 1465 times)
BitcoinGirl325 (OP)

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 04:11:10 PM

My opinion:

It's clear that the U.S. Government and Federal Reserve and the banks are terrified of Bitcoin, because it shifts the power back to the people again. Bitcoin enables the 99% to take control of their financial future again.

You'll know that Bitcoins have really caught on with the mainstream public when the U.S. Government announces in a press release: "Terrorist group funded with Bitcoins" (or some other anti-Bitcoin propaganda) in an effort to discredit Bitcoin.

I'm sure that there will be many dirty tricks like this coming down the pipeline soon.

If you enjoyed my post or found it helpful, please feel free to donate BTC to me at: 15UKsghaHeLAtidySEHmPXBWRjBMM1Tw4u
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
vm1990
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 04:13:56 PM

the truth is there actually right many people use bitcoins for illegal items drugs gyns and worse but isnt that true with things like USD to??? so while theres always a few there are many more legit use's for BTC

strikegold

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2013, 04:39:48 PM

i don't think propaganda has won any battle against technological progress  Smiley
clownius

Activity: 448
Merit: 254

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 04:49:46 PM

Just look how hard they have tried to demonise P2P file sharing and you see the propaganda fails.
MaTachi

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

Hack the planet!

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2013, 04:56:43 PM

Just look how hard they have tried to demonise P2P file sharing and you see the propaganda fails.
It's funny because Bitcoin is also p2p.

@DanielJonss. On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero.
testbitcoinforum

Activity: 8

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 05:02:40 PM

I wish that the media frenzy would die down, or else governments will be trying even harder to shut down or "regulate" BTC, ala Napster. 

Time will tell if they start some new battles...but I believe BTC will survive.
JayTease

Activity: 9

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 05:20:13 PM

Do you have a link to this article?
Reggie0

Activity: 107
Merit: 13

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 05:34:20 PM

When PGP was published first, they tried to vanish it. Similar story...
alexh

Activity: 183
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 05:53:00 PM

The US will probably spread more and more Anti Bitcoin propaganda in the future...
Stampbit

Activity: 182

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 05:55:42 PM

There will no doubt be alot of propaganda, but as legitimate businesses take up this new currency it will be harder and harder for the government to pull the plug (just too big to fail).
leopard2
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1014

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 06:50:15 PM

the truth is there actually right many people use bitcoins for illegal items drugs gyns and worse but isnt that true with things like USD to??? so while theres always a few there are many more legit use's for BTC

the truth is that one cannot buy something illegally. Only stealing is illegal. It is the evil government that declares things as illegal. How can you own xyz illegally, if you have paid for it with your own money?!?

Truth is the new hatespeech.
PCgameguy

Activity: 8

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 04:13:58 AM

I wish that the media frenzy would die down, or else governments will be trying even harder to shut down or "regulate" BTC, ala Napster. 

Time will tell if they start some new battles...but I believe BTC will survive.

I also hope for the media to stop giving BTC all this attention.  Their view of it as a "virtual gold" or a bubble is destroying the chance of it becoming widely accepted currency and instead just turning it into another potential commodity investment.
seedmybox

Activity: 47

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 04:18:00 AM

Not all illegal purchases are drugs etc..
tiesto

Activity: 5

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 04:36:16 AM

I don't think the US government is that worried about bitcoin
Billy the Bit Miner

Activity: 28

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 05:02:35 AM

yes it will only get worst for us. we are dealing with a elitist imperialist regime that does not like anyone having any power except them. As they hide behind hand picked and created puppets and agencies to administer their forms of control across the board in every aspect. Angry    Sad
Sing it with me " All around the world same song"....i can't hear you!!! Wink
Twerka

Activity: 154

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 05:10:25 AM

If there is no anti-bitcoin propaganda then it's time for us to get really worried about all this....

The worst enemy of Bitcoin is Mt.Gox exchange.
ltcdice

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 05:38:13 AM

Terrorist groups would have to convert BTC to USD to use them.. So technically they would be funded via USD.  Unless instead of attacking they want to get some stuff on silkroad and chill out..
dflatline

Activity: 14

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 06:12:49 AM

the truth is that one cannot buy something illegally. Only stealing is illegal. It is the evil government that declares things as illegal. How can you own xyz illegally, if you have paid for it with your own money?!?

Unless you're buying organs or a slave.
aa

Activity: 544
Merit: 500

Litecoin is right coin

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2013, 06:25:08 AM
Last edit: August 01, 2014, 05:38:45 PM by aa

threeip

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2013, 06:37:41 AM

Unless you're buying organs or a slave.

Iran pays donors 1200$ for a kidney and they have zero waiting lists.

Que cerah, right?

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ GPG:2AFD99BB ಠ_ಠ mon
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: