Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 12:05:27 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What happenned to pirate@40 ?  (Read 1561 times)
papa_snurf (OP)

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 04:36:51 PM

I remember that a probable culprit was identified, but I stopped following the soap-opera. What's the current status of this story?
mai77

Activity: 28

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 04:38:31 PM

he was tarred and feathered  Cheesy
papa_snurf (OP)

Activity: 48

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 04:46:28 PM

Lol.  Grin But seriously there are no litigations pending ? I remember that there was a good case against the guy.
Bitcoinm

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 06:09:23 PM

Pretty sure he just left... and the SEC has been investigating.  The government is slow and cumbersome but who knows, they could announce they caught him in a few months if they actually did an investigation.
foggyb
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1006

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 06:17:09 PM

He's in digital jail.

I just registered for the $PLOTS presale! Thank you @plotsfinance for allowing me to purchase tokens at the discounted valuation of only $0.015 per token, a special offer for anyone who participated in the airdrop. Tier II round is for the public at $0.025 per token. Allocation is very limited and you need to register first using the official Part III link found on their twitter. Register using my referral code CPB5 to receive 2,500 points.
kwukduck
Legendary

Activity: 1937
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 08:30:41 PM

What happened? He scammed 500k btc and lives happily ever after.
End of story.

14b8PdeWLqK3yi3PrNHMmCvSmvDEKEBh3E
mai77

Activity: 28

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 08:34:12 PM

seems unlike Bernie Madoff he didn't scam jews enough  Wink
Uncle Scrooge

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 09:59:33 PM

A summary of events would be nice.
Kupsi
Legendary

Activity: 1193
Merit: 1003

9.9.2012: I predict that single digits... <- FAIL

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 10:02:02 PM

A summary of events would be nice.

http://bitcoinmagazine.com/the-pirate-saga-and-so-it-ends/
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2013, 10:18:21 PM

Apparently the SEC is working to have him arrested.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=159772.0

His address and all of his information has been posted on the boards here as well.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
moni3z

Activity: 899
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 11:39:25 PM

Most ponzi's when they are busted have nothing left in the tank, since you're paying old investors out with new money it disappears fast. I have yet to hear of any ponzi having more than a token amount of money left after they are busted. Since they are discovered when they can't get new investors and can no longer afford to  pay out for withdraws, there's obviously no money left to recover.  Only thing left to do is put him in jail for 40yrs for running a ponzi scam and since PIrate is a proven chronic liar, the jury/judge will see straight through anything he says he's totally screwed. He's even too poor/stupid to go on the run to Brazil and avoid extradition and is still logging into his account here. Total moron.

dscotese

Activity: 444
Merit: 250

I prefer evolution to revolution.

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2013, 11:50:18 PM

Most ponzi's when they are busted have nothing left in the tank, since you're paying old investors out with new money it disappears fast. I have yet to hear of any ponzi having more than a token amount of money left after they are busted. Since they are discovered when they can't get new investors and can no longer afford to  pay out for withdraws, there's obviously no money left to recover.  Only thing left to do is put him in jail for 40yrs for running a ponzi scam and since PIrate is a proven chronic liar, the jury/judge will see straight through anything he says he's totally screwed. He's even too poor/stupid to go on the run to Brazil and avoid extradition and is still logging into his account here. Total moron.
I think it would be foolish to put him in jail.  Who is going to pay for that?  What would work better is to capture him and interview him, and invite his victims to interview him, and film it all and invite other people who knew him to come and interview him, and make it into a movie about his scheme.  It could be funny and educational and helpful, and if it was done well, it would generate a profit, perhaps at his expense which could go toward compensating his victims.

Alas!  The state is in the way, and anyone who attempts to find such justice in this world will be blocked from doing so by thugs and their aura of moral legitimacy.  But someday...

I like to provide some work at no charge to prove my valueAvoid supporting terrorism!
Satoshi Nakamoto: "He ought to find it more profitable to play by the rules."
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: