Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 03:42:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcointalk Secret Santa ? I have a plan.  (Read 583 times)
Joel_Jantsen (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1308

Get your game girl

View Profile
November 22, 2016, 05:04:26 PM

I saw a thread regarding the same in Project Development Section and it had me wondering whether if it's actually possible to implement this thing without having to give/ask anyone's addresses or real gifts.

My plan :-
Instead of sending gifts,everyone gets a bitcoin address to which they're suppose to send "x" number of bitcoins,of course whatever they can afford.I will list out a full fledged plans with rules and stuff depending on the response I get here.The total number of participants will be divided in such a way that they get at least two addresses to fund and their two addresses will be funded by someone else.To avoid spam and beggers,we will examine each entry and filter out only the legit accounts.A lot more to add,your thoughts ?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
stiffbud

Activity: 980
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 22, 2016, 05:14:11 PM

Actually a nice idea because the one in the project development topic is complicated due to it being a physical good gifts but in this that bitcoin can be sent as the gift, it can be more flexible for anyone.
Put a limit that only a certain rank can join to avoid people using alt accounts to get more gifts than what they are giving. If this will happen I want to participate. It is nice that we can implement christmas spirit here in forum.

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
.TheStandard.io.█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
Joel_Jantsen (OP)
Legendary

Get your game girl

View Profile
November 22, 2016, 05:17:40 PM

Put a limit that only a certain rank can join to avoid people using alt accounts to get more gifts than what they are giving. If this will happen I want to participate. It is nice that we can implement christmas spirit here in forum.
Exactly!I will come to the rules and regulations part later just checking out the number of people interested to participate.
Chris!
Legendary

Activity: 1382
Merit: 1122

View Profile
November 22, 2016, 05:20:50 PM

But what's the point? If I sent userABC 0.01BTC and userXYZ sends me 0.005BTC it's just really useless, right? I'm just out 0.005BTC because I shuffled around some coins. I don't see why people would bother shuffling around bitcoins unless this is supposed to be some sort of gamble. Maybe I'm just not understanding what the point would be.
Joel_Jantsen (OP)
Legendary

Get your game girl

View Profile
November 22, 2016, 05:27:57 PM

But what's the point? If I sent userABC 0.01BTC and userXYZ sends me 0.005BTC it's just really useless, right? I'm just out 0.005BTC because I shuffled around some coins.
Okay,if you really are going to value the situation in terms of bitcoins earned/lost,the whole Secret Santa thing isn't for ya.It's not about how much you get/give but the motives behind it.It's just like saying I lost half of my money because the gift I gave was much expensive than the gift I received.

I don't see why people would bother shuffling around bitcoins unless this is supposed to be some sort of gamble. Maybe I'm just not understanding what the point would be.
Because sending actual gifts is just not feasible ? The bitcoins sent/received can be used to buy gifts as well ?
Chris!
Legendary

Activity: 1382
Merit: 1122

View Profile
November 22, 2016, 05:35:29 PM

But what's the point? If I sent userABC 0.01BTC and userXYZ sends me 0.005BTC it's just really useless, right? I'm just out 0.005BTC because I shuffled around some coins.
Okay,if you really are going to value the situation in terms of bitcoins earned/lost,the whole Secret Santa thing isn't for ya.It's not about how much you get/give but the motives behind it.It's just like saying I lost half of my money because the gift I gave was much expensive than the gift I

I don't see why people would bother shuffling around bitcoins unless this is supposed to be some sort of gamble. Maybe I'm just not understanding what the point would be.
Because sending actual gifts is just not feasible ? The bitcoins sent/received can be used to buy gifts as well ?

I guess I'm just sort of old fashioned in that sense. For Christmas I know some people give cash but I just can't do it. At the very least I try to figure out what stores they like and get a gift card (and that's only if I'm just really stuck and don't know what to buy them). It's just sort of a weird exchange of money and someone ends up looking cheap for giving less. Idk, just my two Satoshis. You don't have to listen to me Wink I just don't see anything 'nice' or 'christmas-ish' about it.
Pursuer
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163

Where is my ring of blades...

View Profile
November 23, 2016, 08:13:28 AM

Okay,if you really are going to value the situation in terms of bitcoins earned/lost,the whole Secret Santa thing isn't for ya.It's not about how much you get/give but the motives behind it.It's just like saying I lost half of my money because the gift I gave was much expensive than the gift I received.

the whole idea of secret santa is exchanging "Gifts" not money.
when giving and receiving money if you get the same amount then what is the point of doing it? and if you give more and receive less or vice versa then again what is the point of it? you just took additional steps to end up spending money yourself!

but when you receive a gift (goods) you usually don't care about their prices as long as they are all in the same range of price.

Only Bitcoin
mobnepal
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1006

View Profile
November 23, 2016, 08:33:43 AM

I think giving out bitcoin or exchanging bitcoin as gift to each other can be done using paper bitcoin wallet like random paper wallet can be generated by each of the participants. System can than select random bitcoin address out of the address pool when someone like to send bitcoin as a gift to be able to put his bitcoin address in the list. And the address which once receive the bitcoin can be deleted from the server or list.

nydiacaskey01
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1036

View Profile
November 23, 2016, 08:49:08 AM

Exchanging gifts is a great idea specially this coming Christmas season. Secret Santa has been a tradition in our office for 5 years now. The rules is quite simple, give a gift with a price tag specified by the host. The host or those who joined the secret Santa will then set a type of gift they are expecting, like something round, something long, something soft worth xxx amount... So with this in mind, Secret Santa will work only for tangible items not in Bitcoins. If someone joins the secret Santa here then we have no other choice but to type an amount of Bitcoin.
tiggytomb
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 23, 2016, 08:49:25 AM

I do like this idea but unfortunately I can't see it really working especially here as there are always those that want to rip people off.

If there was a way to ensure that only certain ranks participate it could limit this and could be a beautiful thing, I am interested if you can get this working.
jacee
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1024

View Profile
November 23, 2016, 09:03:37 AM

I honestly wouldn't mind if in this version of secret santa I will be receiving less and giving more. I mean, isn't that what giving is? If they want it to be a secret or a surprise then maybe like the paper wallet suggestion, instead secret santa will send a private key containing the "gift". But then I think sending the bitcoin directly to the receiver (from secret sana) will work fine.
If group of trusted users here can come up on a plan on how to make this possible then I want to participate also.
lumeire
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1009

Next-Gen Trade Racing Metaverse

View Profile
November 23, 2016, 03:39:15 PM

I do like this idea but unfortunately I can't see it really working especially here as there are always those that want to rip people off.

If there was a way to ensure that only certain ranks participate it could limit this and could be a beautiful thing, I am interested if you can get this working.

Well there are highly ranked individuals who will still rip you off.

@ontopic While the idea is cool, I don't see this pushing through. Most would just give the minimum anyways.

▄▄████████▄▄           ▄▄████████▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄   ▄▄████████████████▄▄
  ▄███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████  ▄███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄
 ▄█████▀            ▀█  ▄█████▀            ▀█████▄
▄█████▀                ▄█████▀    ▄▄        ▀█████▄
█████▌                 █████▌     ████▄▄     ▐█████
█████▌                 █████▌     ████▀▀     ▐█████
▀█████▄      ▄▄▄      █████▀      ▀▀        ▄█████▀
 ▀█████▄▄   █████    █████▀  █▄            ▄█████▀
  ▀██████████████ ██████▀▀  █████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
    ▀▀███████████ ████▀    ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀███████ ▀▀           ▀▀████████▀▀
            ▀███▀
|
..NEXT-GEN TRADE RACING METAVERSE..
|   WEBSITE   |   TELEGRAM   |   TWITTER   |   MEDIUM   |
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 24, 2016, 09:28:34 AM

the whole idea of secret santa is exchanging "Gifts" not money.
when giving and receiving money if you get the same amount then what is the point of doing it? and if you give more and receive less or vice versa then again what is the point of it? you just took additional steps to end up spending money yourself!

but when you receive a gift (goods) you usually don't care about their prices as long as they are all in the same range of price.

This is, I agree. When people give a money which have a clear value, use a gift to other which we don't know who they are it's can be "don't want to lose" which nowadays bitcoin is more valuable to collect.
Use a gift in physical goods or some voucher which the value is don't need to call(like it's valuable as 0.01 btc) can be more memorable.
Dassi

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 24, 2016, 12:24:38 PM

You know this forum is all about making money, so people are more interested in increasing their bitcoins than losing it. Grin
neochiny

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

Crypto.games

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2016, 01:04:09 PM

You know this forum is all about making money, so people are more interested in increasing their bitcoins than losing it. Grin
Is it really though?
Much more to this forum than that, but I would agree that people are interested in increasing their bitcoins.

@OP,  I personally would prefer getting 'gifts' sent by a fellow forum member from halfway around the world.(Though that would probably cause plenty of issues,but still.)
I don't really see much fun in sending xx number of coins and receiving xx coins in return. They're all just numbers. Where's the fun in that?(Or is it about the time spent anticipating what "how much"we'd get?)

████  ███████  ███
██████████
███      ███████
███      ███████████
██████████████████
████████
███   ████  ███████████
███ ███████████████
█████████
█████████████████
███  ███████
██████████████
███        ████████
███████████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████▀▀     ███     ▀▀██████
████▀   ▄▄█████████▄▄   ▀████
████▄▄▄███▀  ▀█▀  ▀███▄▄▄████
██▀▀▀██▀      ▀      ▀██▀▀▀██
█▀  ▄██               ██▄  ▀█
█   ████▄▄         ▄▄████   █
█▄  ▀██▀             ▀██▀  ▄█
██▄▄▄██▄             ▄██▄▄▄██
████▀▀▀███▄ ▄█ █▄ ▄███▀▀▀████
████▄   ▀▀███▄█████▀▀   ▄████
███████▄     ███     ▄███████
███████████▄▄███▄▄███████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
..PLAY NOW..
███  ███████  ████
██████████
███████      ███
███████████      ███
██████████████████
████████
███████████  ████   ███
███████████████ ███
█████████
█████████████████
███████  ███
██████████████
████████        ███
mbuk81

Activity: 700
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 24, 2016, 07:39:53 PM

It might work if one trusted member makes a list of members that want to take part in secret santa then this members send a random amount of bitcoins to this trusted member then once every that in the list sent him the coins then he will share it out between all the users in the list. this might work but the idea of bitcointalk secret santa is a good way of giving this forum the Christmas sprit.

HIGH PAYING BITCOIN FAUCET ONLY AT SWITCH-BUX PTC BITCOIN FAUCET CLAIM EVERY 30 MINS AND GET 50 SATOSHI EVERYTIME
mbbct01

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 26, 2016, 01:52:48 AM

It might work if one trusted member makes a list of members that want to take part in secret santa then this members send a random amount of bitcoins to this trusted member then once every that in the list sent him the coins then he will share it out between all the users in the list. this might work but the idea of bitcointalk secret santa is a good way of giving this forum the Christmas sprit.

Count me in

∎∎ ∎∎ ∎∎ MY Signature space for free just pm me ∎∎ ∎∎ ∎∎
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: