Bitcoin Forum
December 07, 2016, 10:23:01 PM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.13.1  [Torrent].
 
   Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Slush Pool: Why do I get no reward for short rounds??  (Read 5878 times)
aral
Jr. Member
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 42


View Profile
June 14, 2011, 04:48:39 PM
 #1

Code:
5568 2011-06-14 15:53:23 0:27:09 592089 0.00134089 130776 92 confirmations left
5567 2011-06-14 15:26:14 0:00:35 10846 none         130773 89 confirmations left
5566 2011-06-14 15:25:39 1:41:01 2057968 0.00168493 130772 88 confirmations left

Always the same.  I had shares, what gives?
1481149381
Hero Member
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 1481149381

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
1481149381
Reply with quote  #2

1481149381
Report to moderator
1481149381
Hero Member
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 1481149381

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
1481149381
Reply with quote  #2

1481149381
Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.
kiwiasian
Full Member
***
Offline Offline

Activity: 168


View Profile
June 14, 2011, 04:54:39 PM
 #2

Pool hopping

Tradehill referral link, save 10% | http://www.tradehill.com/?r=TH-R12328
www.payb.tc/kiwiasian | 1LHNW1JGMBo2e7rKiiFz7KJPKE57bqCdEC
aral
Jr. Member
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 42


View Profile
June 14, 2011, 05:20:39 PM
 #3

Nonsense.  A pointless, stupid response.
kiwiasian
Full Member
***
Offline Offline

Activity: 168


View Profile
June 14, 2011, 06:22:06 PM
 #4

Lol?

Nonsense--your question is pointless and stupid.

Tradehill referral link, save 10% | http://www.tradehill.com/?r=TH-R12328
www.payb.tc/kiwiasian | 1LHNW1JGMBo2e7rKiiFz7KJPKE57bqCdEC
aral
Jr. Member
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 42


View Profile
June 14, 2011, 06:37:30 PM
 #5

You may think that child, then leave it alone.

Maybe someone of a helpful disposition who actually knows something will be kind enough to respond.
Jack of Diamonds
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Activity: 252



View Profile
June 14, 2011, 06:42:56 PM
 #6

It's normal, very short rounds (10 seconds - 2 minutes) are pure luck. If you are among the first to get shares you get paid a lot.
If you are among the last you get no reward.

I've had even 3 minute rounds where I recieved "none" (6.5ghash on slush total). The longer a round lasts the more chances you have to get paid.

In over 99% of cases you get paid for every round. Even at very high hashrate, the chance to find a block within a few seconds is far under 1%.
Those rounds are statistically abnormal, but by no means impossible (pure variance), just as a royal flush in a game of poker.

1f3gHNoBodYw1LLs3ndY0UanYB1tC0lnsBec4USeYoU9AREaCH34PBeGgAR67fx
rezin777
Full Member
***
Offline Offline

Activity: 154


View Profile
June 14, 2011, 06:46:13 PM
 #7

Pool hopping

Absolutely incorrect.
taris
Newbie
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 28


View Profile
June 14, 2011, 06:57:29 PM
 #8

Besides of that - it would be helpful when the statistic site displays the number of shares, that my worker produced, as well and not just the total number and my reward.
That way everybody is able to see if any shares were coming in..
Jack of Diamonds
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Activity: 252



View Profile
June 14, 2011, 07:05:09 PM
 #9

Besides of that - it would be helpful when the statistic site displays the number of shares, that my worker produced, as well and not just the total number and my reward.
That way everybody is able to see if any shares were coming in..

If it says none, then you really had 0 shares that round. If you recieved even a small payment then you had at least 1 share.

It's very common if the round lasts only some seconds, no matter how much hashing power you have. It's a luck of the draw.

1f3gHNoBodYw1LLs3ndY0UanYB1tC0lnsBec4USeYoU9AREaCH34PBeGgAR67fx
tito13kfm
Jr. Member
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 42



View Profile
June 14, 2011, 07:19:43 PM
 #10

AFAIK Slush does not support LP.  You also have a ridiculously low hash rate judging by your other rewards.  Here's probably what happened.  You got sent some work units to solve towards the end of the previous round.  Your computer finished those and submitted after that round was over, therefore they were stale.  You received new work and didn't finish it within the 35 second round.

So yes, you did have shares, but they didn't count because they were stale by the time you sent them back.  Even at 2GH/s I sometimes get extremely unlucky and have rounds with only a couple of shares and a very low payout.  There are other times that I get extremely lucky and end up with twice my expected payout on very short rounds.

That's my best edumacated guess.

rezin777
Full Member
***
Offline Offline

Activity: 154


View Profile
June 14, 2011, 07:24:14 PM
 #11

I haven't used slush's pool in quite some time, so I don't know if anything changed or not.

In short rounds, not everyone has a chance to submit shares. The higher your hash rate, the better chance you have of getting a few shares in a short round. If you do submit a decent amount of shares, you will get a decent pay out.

OP, I would assume that you submitted 0 shares for that 35 second round. Are you 100% certain you submitted shares for that round? From your very small payouts on the other rounds, I have to assume you hash rate is quite small and that you simply did not submit any shares for the short round, and therefor received no payout.

As the previous poster mentioned, perhaps any shares you did submit were stale.

Simple answer: You must submit shares to receive a reward.

I remember the 3 second round on slush's pool that has 8 shares submitted. Lucky I managed to submit one of those 8 shares. That was a 6 coin payout per share!  Grin
tito13kfm
Jr. Member
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 42



View Profile
June 14, 2011, 07:26:56 PM
 #12

You may think that child, then leave it alone.

Maybe someone of a helpful disposition who actually knows something will be kind enough to respond.

On second thought, I'm sorry I gave you any answer at all.  This kind of attitude is ridiculous.

aral
Jr. Member
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 42


View Profile
June 14, 2011, 07:36:56 PM
 #13

Ah, thanks for the responses. I misunderstood the shares column, it is total shares and I must have not managed to submit any in the time because of my low hash rate, or else had submitted stale ones because there is no long polling on Slush's pool to eliminate those.  Makes sense now.  Partly luck of the draw, partly that my poor nvidia little GPU can't keep pace with the big mining rigs.

@tito Yes it is ridiculous to respond to blatant trolling but I am only human.

rezin777
Full Member
***
Offline Offline

Activity: 154


View Profile
June 14, 2011, 07:37:31 PM
 #14

You may think that child, then leave it alone.

Maybe someone of a helpful disposition who actually knows something will be kind enough to respond.

On second thought, I'm sorry I gave you any answer at all.  This kind of attitude is ridiculous.

I think it's a proper response to blatant misinformation. People who don't know what they are talking about shouldn't be providing others with answers.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.
Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!