Bitcoin Forum
June 30, 2024, 09:11:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bot making asks and bids  (Read 290 times)
formajocoto (OP)

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 22, 2016, 06:53:05 PM

In the order book of many altcoin it is easy to notice there are robots making bids and asks.
This cause you can see continuously the insertion of growing bids of different value like 0,000015; 0,000016; 0,000017 etc...

I can understand in the short term this can give some benefit, making people thinking this coin has got a good 24h volume, or that the price is growing.
But in the mid term and long term these bots should not have any positive effects?
it is even a negative things cause if there is not a real interest for a coin pumping it a little bit every day with bots it will make the coin soon or later having a bigger dump and investors hate to see big dumps.

Why even coin that looks really interesting with good team use bots?
I undestand for shitty coins but not for the others...
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
November 22, 2016, 07:00:06 PM

Bots are not only used in pumping coins. They are actually mainly used by traders that try to get even the smallest profit from a massive amount of trades. They use the bots to always have the buy or sell order placed without actually selling or buying into someone elses bids. This results in lower fees for them on most sites (especially poloniex, since they implemented the maker taker system).

If you make 1000 trades for 1 cent profit, you still earned 10 usd. That is what they are after. They are riding the waves.
formajocoto (OP)

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 22, 2016, 07:22:29 PM

thank you for the explanation,
they are a bit annoing when you want to buy and the bots make a little offer higher than your one, all the time.

I'm surprised that even in the little coins, i mean coins having a capitalization lower than 1 million, there are bots...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: