Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 11:05:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Segwit and the lightning network??  (Read 1483 times)
CIYAM
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1078

Ian Knowles - CIYAM Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2016, 07:37:54 AM

How in the world can you be a lead developer of anything and not understand simple math, are you on Drugs?
Go to rehab and get yourself together Ian.

Hard to argue with that well though out logic. Wink

As you can see @OP you won't find any decent reasoning even used on this forum (that disappeared a few years ago) which is why I (and many others) rarely even bother posting any more.

So please continue on with the personal insults and non-technical babble - about the only people that are reading are "ad-sig posters" anyway who don't even care as long as they are paid to post more dribble here (for any decent technical information about Bitcoin it would be best to look elsewhere).

With CIYAM anyone can create 100% generated C++ web applications in literally minutes.

GPG Public Key | 1ciyam3htJit1feGa26p2wQ4aw6KFTejU
kiklo
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 23, 2016, 07:42:21 AM

I continue with this while you continue to do nothing,

Everyone BoyCott BTC for 24 hours because of the Ignored Transaction Problems
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1690300.0

Cool
hv_
Legendary

Activity: 2520
Merit: 1055

Clean Code and Scale

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2016, 07:54:55 AM

The most lightning about Segwit is that it won't scale the network.

Grin

Carpe diem  -  understand the White Paper and mine honest.
Fix real world issues: Check out b-vote.com
The simple way is the genius way - Satoshi's Rules: humana veris _
cmbconcretefire (OP)

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 24, 2016, 10:53:23 PM

How in the world can you be a lead developer of anything and not understand simple math, are you on Drugs?
Go to rehab and get yourself together Ian.

Hard to argue with that well though out logic. Wink

As you can see @OP you won't find any decent reasoning even used on this forum (that disappeared a few years ago) which is why I (and many others) rarely even bother posting any more.

So please continue on with the personal insults and non-technical babble - about the only people that are reading are "ad-sig posters" anyway who don't even care as long as they are paid to post more dribble here (for any decent technical information about Bitcoin it would be best to look elsewhere).

You guys / gals realize I'm new, right? Lol....... There were some links that showed me a graph of the implementation of Segwit to date.

But beyond that....if you go back and re-read my OP, NONE of my other questions were answered. They were just basic questions about the implementation and time frame of segwit and the LN. I am flattered that one the lead devs decided to respond (twice) in my thread and I would have been flattered if ANY of the lead devs from ANY coin had responded.

The funniest part to me though is this : I really don't understand pretty much anything any of you are arguing about. I could be wrong, but I don't recall asking *IF* Segwit would be a good thing or a bad thing and same goes for LN. I was merely asking if I had read correctly that it would take 95% approval and THEN (Time frame) it would be implemented two weeks later? I also wanted to know if there was a time frame or cut off date for Segwit if it didn't get the 95%? Then I wanted to know if the LN was somehow tied in automatically with the approval of Segwit. (regarding time frame)

That's it. That's all I wanted to know. Seeing as how (VIA_BTC?) mining pool has 8% control and have said they will not implement segwit, it all seems to be a moot point anyway. (I can do math too) But feel free to carry on arguing.....in the meantime, I'm sticking with core. Why? Because of the math. Core is king, and I don't see that changing anytime soon.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2016, 11:02:52 PM

I also wanted to know if there was a time frame or cut off date for Segwit if it didn't get the 95%? Then I wanted to know if the LN was somehow tied in automatically with the approval of Segwit. (regarding time frame)
A year from the starting date, so ~15 November 2017.

That's it. That's all I wanted to know. Seeing as how (VIA_BTC?) mining pool has 8% control and have said they will not implement segwit, it all seems to be a moot point anyway. (I can do math too)
They can get easily outhashed if the majority wants it.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
cmbconcretefire (OP)

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 24, 2016, 11:34:58 PM

I also wanted to know if there was a time frame or cut off date for Segwit if it didn't get the 95%? Then I wanted to know if the LN was somehow tied in automatically with the approval of Segwit. (regarding time frame)
A year from the starting date, so ~15 November 2017.

That's it. That's all I wanted to know. Seeing as how (VIA_BTC?) mining pool has 8% control and have said they will not implement segwit, it all seems to be a moot point anyway. (I can do math too)
They can get easily outhashed if the majority wants it.

Thank you. A response without arguing ideals. An actual answer. So it seems I have read it correctly and now understand the time frame. And what of the LN? HOW is that tied in.....if at all? (anyone with an understanding of this can answer without giving your PRO or CON opinion)
Carlton Banks
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 3074

View Profile
November 24, 2016, 11:57:42 PM

Thank you. A response without arguing ideals. An actual answer. So it seems I have read it correctly and now understand the time frame. And what of the LN? HOW is that tied in.....if at all? (anyone with an understanding of this can answer without giving your PRO or CON opinion)

It's technical.

Segwit eliminates signature malleability. Signature malleability prevents 2nd layer protocols (like Lightning) working, as they depend on transaction IDs being unchangeable (and the txid is literally calculated using a transaction's signature for input). 

Vires in numeris
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: