Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 08:48:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: There will be blood.  (Read 8680 times)
Timo Y
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1001

bitcoin - the aerogel of money

View Profile
June 14, 2011, 07:23:43 PM

The internet already caused a huge turnover of power in the period 1997-2007. The elites lost control over the flow of information. What did they do while they were losing their power?  They were asleep, mostly, until eventually they crudely awoke to a world they didn't comprehend.

Hardly any blood was spilt during this first wave. Now comes the second wave. Bitcoin marked the day the internet stopped being a toy for 95% of its users.

GPG ID: FA868D77   bitcoin-otc:forever-d

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DamienBlack

Activity: 56
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 14, 2011, 07:24:26 PM

If you have a GPU and I have a GPU, and my GPU reaches ACROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOS the room and starts to mine your coins... I MINE YOUR COINS... I MINE THEM UP!?!

Another happy silk road customer.
Anonymous

June 14, 2011, 07:25:15 PM

Allow me to go point by point.

1)Governments are parasites:
Government spending is a portion of GDP which means that resources are not destroyed by the government, merely reallocated. Additionally, they address externalities which could not be handled by the private sector. While the proper scope of government can certainly be debated, and I might agree that it is currently too large, to dismiss all governments as parasitic is incredibly ignorant.

Erm, why does an individual's labor need reallocation through the threat of violence? Also, it is destroyed through inefficiency and greed.

2) Governments have a monopoly of force:
There are currently 192 governments, which is no indicative of a monopolistic market. Rather, it in indicative of a competitive market with high entry costs. It is true that a cannot individually enter the "force market". I also cannot build my own cars. This does not mean that car manufacturers are a monopoly.

Look at our monetary system, the banks and the Rothschilds and you'll see it isn't as competitive as you would like it to be.

3) Countries are controlled by central banks:
First off, this isn't true. Second off, who cares?

Oh, but they are. They need to acquire their debt from somewhere.
niemivh

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 14, 2011, 07:28:15 PM

Which parasites?

Before asking Atlas a question just open up Atlas Shrugged and read a passage from that.  You'll get the same response.

=^D

JK, Atlas.  <3.

Wink

I'll keep my politics out of your economics if you keep your economics out of my politics.

16LdMA6pCgq9ULrstHmiwwwbGe1BJQyDqr
Scientician!

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 14, 2011, 07:30:39 PM

The parasites can't collect taxes on money they can't see.

You read a lot of Ayn Rand, don't you?
Meh. I can respect some of her positions but mostly she was an overly-pragmatic, pompous bitch.

You named yourself after her most famous steaming pile of hypocritical bullshit.

Let me guess - you're a teenager with fairly well off parents who thinks he's figured it all out with the sheer brilliance of his own sparkling intellect.

Your sneering narrative voice is a dead giveaway.
Anonymous

June 14, 2011, 07:35:00 PM

You named yourself after her most famous steaming pile of hypocritical bullshit.
Libel.

Let me guess - you're a teenager with fairly well off parents who thinks he's figured it all out with the sheer brilliance of his own sparkling intellect.

Your opinion is your own. All I know for certain is that I know nothing.

DamienBlack

View Profile
June 14, 2011, 07:35:55 PM

The parasites can't collect taxes on money they can't see.

You read a lot of Ayn Rand, don't you?
Meh. I can respect some of her positions but mostly she was an overly-pragmatic, pompous bitch.

You don't have to be mean, he was born that way. But seriously, Atlas is clearly above average intelligence. We all went though our ethical egoism phase. He'll grow out of it. Maybe. Personally I like Atlas's unwavering dedication to a cause. It is more than most people have. (I'm just teasing, Atlas is good people)
nereer

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

Why settle for the lesser evil?

View Profile
June 14, 2011, 07:37:24 PM

I have no opinion on Atlas (actually I think he is a good guy Smiley ), though personally I hate the Objectivist philosophy (a great watch that articulates my feelings well is the recent Adam Curtis doc called 'All Watched Over By Machines Of Loving Grace'), but man have I met a lot of the type of libertarian you describe. They are the bane of the reddit economics and politics boards.

If you agree that Bitcoin needs a dedicated Q & A site please sign up for the Bitcoin StackExchange site!
Coma (OP)

Activity: 140

View Profile
June 14, 2011, 07:40:28 PM

The internet already caused a huge turnover of power in the period 1997-2007. The elites lost control over the flow of information.

I don't think elites lost control. I think they are loosing it right now, and what is happening on Spain, Greece, Ireland, Portugal, Egypt and Siria are consequence of this.
And there's plenty of blood there.
Scientician!

View Profile
June 14, 2011, 07:41:46 PM

Libel.

I dream of my day in court shouting down Rand's zombie corpse ERRRRRRRRRRRRRRR Paul Ryan..

Your opinion is your own. All I know for certain is that I know nothing.

My opinion is that you think you know for certain that you know more than people who think they know for certain but only rely on opinion for their knowing.

In that respect, you're probably right.
bittersweet

Activity: 222

View Profile
June 14, 2011, 07:44:43 PM

There are currently 192 governments, which is no indicative of a monopolistic market.

You are wrong, they have a monopoly of violence over a specific territory. They generally agree who has the monopoly where. If there are some disagreements between them, there is a tension that eventually ends up with a violent war. And then they fight each other over the turf like common street gangs do. The only difference is that a lot less civillians die in gang wars.

My Bitcoin address: 1DjTsAYP3xR4ymcTUKNuFa5aHt42q2VgSg
DamienBlack

View Profile
June 14, 2011, 07:49:22 PM

There are currently 192 governments, which is no indicative of a monopolistic market.

You are wrong, they have a monopoly of violence over a specific territory. They generally agree who has the monopoly where. If there are some disagreements between them, there is a tension that eventually ends up with a violent war. And then they fight each other over the turf like common street gangs do. The only difference is that a lot less civillians die in gang wars.

I wish I could hold so tightly to such a simplistic view of international politics. Exaggeration and unbridled hate is certainly easier that nuance and understanding.
bittersweet

Activity: 222

View Profile
June 14, 2011, 07:52:35 PM

I wish I could hold so tightly to such a simplistic view of international politics. Exaggeration and unbridled hate is certainly easier that nuance and understanding.

Please share you nuanced viewpoint about international politics. This post of yours lacks any meaningful substance.

My Bitcoin address: 1DjTsAYP3xR4ymcTUKNuFa5aHt42q2VgSg
foxcartier

View Profile
June 14, 2011, 07:54:11 PM

I'd argue the world is some form of an oligopoly.
Scientician!

View Profile
June 14, 2011, 07:54:33 PM

Taking an argumentative position supporting any form of government to someone who belives (falsely, of course) that any form of government is corrupt and evil is an excercise in force cancellation.

Trolling birthers and the "9/11 WAZ AN INSIDE JAWBBB" crowd is equally effective, and far more entertaining.
Scientician!

View Profile
June 14, 2011, 07:57:04 PM

My nuanced point about international politics and politics in general throughout history:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2648/4240414622_2bef0903aa.jpg
Coma (OP)

View Profile
June 14, 2011, 08:15:36 PM

We who have the coins, makes the noise?
Vandroiy
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 14, 2011, 08:38:26 PM

The only true enemy of Bitcoin is blind activism of politicians who want to do something, as in anything. That's not the kind of thing to start a focused war, now is it?

I think the reason for blood will be when too many people have too extreme expectations and lose money. Possibly, money they didn't own in the first place; funds borrowed for speculation.

But a war against a currency? Mmh, maybe, but I don't see it yet. Nobody really hates them, they're just another kind of asset. If people find ways to track drug dealers in the block chain, which might very well happen, there's not all that much to be angry about concerning BTCs.
Coma (OP)

View Profile
June 14, 2011, 08:44:00 PM

I think the reason for blood will be when too many people have too extreme expectations and lose money. Possibly, money they didn't own in the first place; funds borrowed for speculation.

And how may there be blood there? As it is I think people woudl just go to jail. Where there's blood, but not necessarily.
Vince Torres

Activity: 337
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 14, 2011, 08:44:53 PM

Where would violence come from? Austrian commandos storming the Federal Reserve? A nuclear exchange between Mt.Gox and Paypal?

I don't see it.

Lol

Namecoin.com .bit domain registrar. Register a new .bit domain for just $1!
BTC: 1LpKzg24NHmrxLZbnVphcstV3s7uA8cSnT
LTC: LWHswCFRPouCXTNiT8B9HUVnGrae9eojVg
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: