Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 09:59:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 22 Hours and still 3 unconfirmed transactions - what do I do now?  (Read 1357 times)
qiwoman2 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
November 23, 2016, 05:51:51 AM

I think this is really bad..I have 3 unconfirmed transactions now and it's 22 hours since I made them.

I am scared now to send out any bitcoin because I feel they will get stuck too, just like my other 3 transactions.
Can anyone shed any light as to when they are going to fix this problem?
Or we lumbered now with having to pay higher fees so our transactions reach their destinations?
Is this a kind of bullying from the mining farms?
  Cry Huh
The transactions are falling more and more behind and mine are stuck, anyway to reverse those transactions and send them with a higher fee?

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
November 23, 2016, 06:08:39 AM

you are a Legendary member for gods sake you shouldn't be asking these kinds of questions Cheesy

the answer is the same as you see on 10 other topics newbies created:
- include enough fees with your transactions read: http://bitcoinfees.21.co
- wait until it is confirmed, the mempool is about 30 MB big for two days so even with enough fee you will be stuck for a while.
- i don't know the reason why but it may be because of the 1 MB block size limit again Cheesy

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
qiwoman2 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
November 23, 2016, 06:14:33 AM

you are a Legendary member for gods sake you shouldn't be asking these kinds of questions Cheesy

- wait until it is confirmed, the mempool is about 30 MB big for two days so even with enough fee you will be stuck for a while.
- i don't know the reason why but it may be because of the 1 MB block size limit again Cheesy

Thanks for the kind response, but am not into the tech side of things..they should just automatically adjust the fees when we are sending lol..just like paypal and other places..how is a lay person gonna now what fees to pay? They should fix this, anyway I will be sending next transaction wiht at least a 0.0008 fee.  Cry

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

JOIN OIKOS

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
Juggy777

Activity: 2646
Merit: 686

View Profile
November 23, 2016, 06:16:57 AM

He's right if a legendary member asks such questions you can imagine, there will be a countless amount of threads on this. Coming to your question if it's any relief I have seen other person transaction also being kept on hold. So I don't feel you need to worry, it takes time but it will happen for sure. Since its happening with so many persons, you can relax and wait for it, nothing is in our hands anyways, so be positive it will happen
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
November 23, 2016, 06:57:45 AM

Thanks for the kind response, but am not into the tech side of things..they should just automatically adjust the fees when we are sending lol..just like paypal and other places..how is a lay person gonna now what fees to pay? They should fix this, anyway I will be sending next transaction wiht at least a 0.0008 fee.  Cry

sorry about that but this is not much of a technical issue but more of a usage experience that you gain from sending a couple of transactions or when you have been using bitcoin for a while.

and i don't know what you mean by "they" but the wallets that i am aware of like blockchain.info and electrum and centralized wallets like coinbase are suggesting user for a more suitable fee based on the network so user doesn't have to worry about things like that.
i am not sure since i am not using it but i think core may have this feature for fee suggestion too!

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4200
Merit: 4447

View Profile
November 23, 2016, 07:16:13 AM

it seems core devs are spending coin to bloat up mempool. to try to later suggest that only core have the solution and people should download core and get pools to use core to solve the problem.

the issue however is that its not that straight forward and requires people to sway pools to flag for cores feature. and then wait a month. and then download a new core implementation AGAIN. followed by moving funds from legacy (old) keypairs, to new HD segwit compatible seeded keypairs.

thus actually causing more bottlenecking later with everyone moving funds just to utilise a core feature that only has potential boost of 1.8x capacity.

its making everyone sit down to let core run around to demonstrate there is no room for everyone to walk. purely to then get everyone to run around with half promises they can freely walk around (basically child games to make a point)

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
freshman777

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2016, 07:39:01 AM

You must pay a higher fee to get in the block before everyone else. I made few transactions yesterday, they all got in the first block at 130 satoshi/byte, this is 37 cents for a regular 225 byte transaction. It is only going to get more expensive to transact until Bitcoin Unlimited is adopted by miners, hopefully soon now.

ARDOR - Blockchain as a Service. Three birds with one stone. /// Do not hold NXT at exchanges, NXT wallets: core+lite, mobile Android
Ned Kelly

Activity: 170
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 23, 2016, 07:44:19 AM

Put higher fee and rebroadcast your tx.
kiklo
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 23, 2016, 07:45:36 AM

We can all do this to help the Lady out.  Smiley

Everyone BoyCott BTC for 24 hours because of the Ignored Transaction Problems
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1690300.0

Cool

Boycotting is not the answer. Contacting your local Bitcoin miner to adopt Unlimited is the answer. Wait a minute, there are no local miners left in 2016, well then, learn that phrase in Mandarin and spam them with emails.

Yes it is , they ignored people and got nothing done, it is time.
Shall I mark you as a person that wants to help these people that money is frozen or a head in the sand guy?
Your Choice?

Cool

~Bitcoin~
Legendary

Activity: 994

View Profile
November 23, 2016, 07:56:46 AM

Thanks for the kind response, but am not into the tech side of things..they should just automatically adjust the fees when we are sending lol..just like paypal and other places..how is a lay person gonna now what fees to pay? They should fix this, anyway I will be sending next transaction wiht at least a 0.0008 fee.  Cry
If you don't like to calculate fee yourself or you don't like to go deeper in tech behind bitcoin transaction use blockchain.info web wallet (but at your own risk) which have built in fee recomendation system so that you don't get stuck with unconfirmed transaction. I don't know what other wallets provide this feature as i don't use other than electrum and blockchain.info web wallet.

Juggy777

View Profile
November 23, 2016, 08:06:06 AM

We can all do this to help the Lady out.  Smiley

Everyone BoyCott BTC for 24 hours because of the Ignored Transaction Problems

Cool

Boycotting is not the answer. Contacting your local Bitcoin miner to adopt Unlimited is the answer. Wait a minute, there are no local miners left in 2016, well then, learn that phrase in Mandarin and spam them with emails.

Yes it is , they ignored people and got nothing done, it is time.
Shall I mark you as a person that wants to help these people that money is frozen or a head in the sand guy?
Your Choice?

Cool

Why do you propose to boycott Bitcoin, the protocol?
If you want to boycott someone, boycott those who have put strains on the network. Not sticking a head in the sand is voting for Bitcoin Unlimited by running the Unlimited node and spamming miners to upgrade like ViaBTC pool. Adoption of Bitcoin is crippled with small blocks, poor ladies are in panic of losing money. This wouldn't have happened with Unlimited.
www.reddit.com/r/btc for more information.
Let's see if this post is not deleted by censorship.

No one make any new transactions for 24 hours, that is it. Gives the Transactions time to clear out and sends a message, that is it.
If you are too timid to even do that there is no hope.
Unlimited is one of the proposals in the link , post that is what you want. Make your Voice Heard.

Cool

I support this movement, it's about time that a stand is taken and our voices are heard. If we all could unite we shall have our demands fulfilled. We are not demanding, we are just asking to be treated fairly. Let's unite in one voice and do no transactions for 24 hours.
freshman777

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2016, 08:07:06 AM

No one make any new transactions for 24 hours, that is it. Gives the Transactions time to clear out and sends a message, that is it.
Unlimited is one of the proposals in the link , post that is what you want. Make your Voice Heard.

Cool

Not sending transactions is a sheepish message. When you do it, it's like you bend over to get f*cked, again and again. Network must completely stop for changes to be made, Unlimited is the change I am talking about. Changes will not be made if you bend over every time and clear out the network, it gives a temporary resolution until the next bend over.

ARDOR - Blockchain as a Service. Three birds with one stone. /// Do not hold NXT at exchanges, NXT wallets: core+lite, mobile Android
kiklo
Legendary

View Profile
November 23, 2016, 08:15:31 AM

Cool

Not sending transactions is a sheepish message. When you do it, it's like you bend over to get f*cked, again and again. Network must completely stop for changes to be made, Unlimited is the change I am talking about. Changes will not be made if you bend over every time and clear out the network, it gives a temporary resolution until the next bend over.

And this will make them listen and take action verses ignoring you and everyone else.
It fixes the current problem and send a message that they better make a permanent fix.
Which may be going to unlimited, by not sending BTC for 24 hours you make sure your voice is heard.
That they will all take notice. You want the Devs & Mining pools to work together, the Community has to show its strength or it will never happen.

Cool
freshman777

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2016, 08:18:53 AM

Cool

And this will make them listen and take action verses ignoring you and everyone else.
It fixes the current problem and send a message that they better make a permanent fix.
Which may be going to unlimited, by not sending BTC for 24 hours you make sure your voice is heard.
That they will all take notice.

Cool

No, they will not listen, they couldn't care less if Bitcoin isn't used, their income does not depend on Bitcoin being used, in fact to the contrary. Run Unlimited and convince miners to run Unlimited or bend over and take it every time.

kiklo
Legendary

View Profile
November 23, 2016, 08:22:47 AM

No, they will not listen, they couldn't care less if Bitcoin isn't used, their income does not depend on Bitcoin being used, in fact to the contrary. Run Unlimited and convince miners to run Unlimited or bend over and take it every time.

If their are 0 transactions for a few hours they will listen.
Don't be scare it is only 24 hours, and we can change the world for the better.  Wink
You want unlimited to be chosen , this is what has to happen to make them Chose.

Cool

freshman777

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2016, 08:26:15 AM

If their are 0 transactions for a few hours they will listen.
Don't be scare it is only 24 hours, and we can change the world for the better.  Wink
You want unlimited to be chosen , this is what has to happen to make them Chose.

Cool

If Bitcoin transactions stop, they will say: "See how the network is not at full capacity, small blocks are totally fine!" This is what they did already many times, this is what they'll do again and again. Boycotting Bitcoin will not solve the problem.

kiklo
Legendary

View Profile
November 23, 2016, 08:29:19 AM

If Bitcoin transactions stop, they will say: "See how the network is not at full capacity, small blocks are totally fine!" This is what they did already many times, this is what they'll do again and again. Boycotting Bitcoin will not solve the problem.

Why are you so frighten of having your voice heard?

It is 24 hours to send a message. It needs to happen.

You want unlimited , it won't happen any other way, they will just keep ignoring you.

Cool
freshman777

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2016, 08:33:15 AM

You want unlimited , it won't happen any other way, they will just keep ignoring you.

Cool

You are advocating for a wrong way of sending a message, and to a wrong group of people.

Message must be sent to miners - they are the only ones who care, for their profits depend on them listening.

Blockstream devs profits do not depend on them listening, they do not accept messages.

Juggy777

View Profile
November 23, 2016, 08:39:13 AM

Cool

You are advocating for a wrong way of sending a message, and to a wrong group of people.

Message must be sent to miners - they are the only ones who care, for their profits depend on them listening.

Blockstream devs profits do not depend on them listening, they do not accept messages.

How do you for a fact they don't. It's not every day that such movements are started, if we don't try we will never know what could have been possible. Why so negative, you should focus on the positivity, it's a chance for all to unite and over a period of time figure a solution. If we all only keep on arguing in between us, we are making their job lot easier. I am supporting this movement for a cause, for a change and even you should, it's time they realized they can't toy us around
kiklo
Legendary

View Profile
November 23, 2016, 08:48:13 AM

No extra Fees for 24 hours, please tell me what will get their attention faster.
The entire world will notice if enough join in.

Cool
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: