Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 01:07:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [PRE-ANN]Dawn Multichain - RAY - No pre-mine or ICO - whitepaper released  (Read 4132 times)
dawn_official (OP)

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 23, 2016, 06:13:56 AM
Last edit: April 30, 2017, 05:18:47 AM by dawn_official

The Dawn whitepaper has been released: http://dawn-project.com/whitepaper.html

Almost every crypto currency to date has run into issues of network speed and scalability. The root cause of this issue is that most chains become bloated and grow to an enormous data size. Dawn aims to solve this issue by introducing the concept of application-specific chains. At first, we will launch our financial chain that handles the creation, distribution, and management of the Ray token.

In a later stage, we will create a separate chain for every of the features that we will be releasing. This allows for almost unlimited scaling and gives us the opportunity to use the best blockchain technology for each of the features.

Technology

We have switched from a single tech stack to a more fluid and dynamic approach with the multichain concept. We will be releasing more information about the technology as we develop our features.

The apps

We’ll offer app hosting on or off the blockchain, which can be paid for with Dawn Coin. We own a distributed computing network that spans the globe and can provide different app hosting. During the coming months, we will add incentives for users to add their own machines as contributors to our Dawn network to increase the decentralization and serviceability of our computing grid.

If it can fit in a docker container, we can host it. We will also provide decentralized data storage as a service in our ecosystem.
We will be releasing more information about the app ecosystem and how it works in the coming weeks.

The network

Network Validators

The confirmation time of the network is unparalleled in today’s crypto world. We can get most transactions confirmed in less than a second. Consensus is achieved through the use of validators.

The validators ensure the integrity of the network and are responsible for committing new blocks on the blockchain. A block is committed when +2/3 of the active validators set sign precommit votes for that block at the same round. Validators will also be contributing to the distributed computing grid.

The Dawn network will launch with 64 validators which have been carefully selected across the world. We choose people according to geographical location and access to high-speed internet. We will be opening up more validator spots gradually after launch.

Becoming a validator in the network is the ultimate way of getting access to a the RAY token at the start of the network. We will not be offering the token in an ICO, nor do we allocate a pre-mine for the development team in the genesis block.

Being a validator is the only way a person can get access to the RAY token during the first few months of the project. This is why we employ a strict selection process before we allow people to become a validator of the Dawn chain.

There's two ways to become a validator at this moment, you can pre-order one of our hardware validators (1u rack routers for professionals), or you can buy a validator unlock key and then use your own hardware as a validator.

The only way to get a guaranteed validator position at launch is by pre-ordering an unlock key and (pending acceptance by the Dawn team) running the chain on a machine that satisfies our minimum requirements.

You can pre-order a validator spot by contacting us directly here, through email, or on our social media profiles.

The eco-system

Hardware

Open source router

* Natively runs a full validator node of Dawn the blockchain or any of the popular blockchains
Cryptocurrency Blockchains

• Dawn
  • Bitcoin
  • Litecoin
  • Dash
  • Monero
  • Ethereum
  • ETC
  • Zcash
  • ZCL
  • Steem
  • Bitshares

* Built-in MPTCP support
* Based on OpenWRT

We are currently testing prototypes of the hardware and will start supplying them within two months. The goal of creating our own hardware is to support the global movement towards infrastructure decentralization.

We're deeply excited about being the first blockchain platform to integrate hardware into its operations and will provide more details as they become available to us.  

Ray Token

The RAY token will be the fuel for the Dawn ecosystem and can be used across our different feature chains. You will be able to pay for container and app hosting with RAY, social media contributors will be receiving a portion of the daily created RAY's, and we will provide incentives for people to hold the tokens. More details about the RAY token will be provided in a separate thread that handles our financial chain specifically.

Blogging platform

https://s13.postimg.org/wt8ltjep3/chain_hugo.jpg
A screenshot of a Hugo site running on our blockchain

Dawn Mesh is a social media platform that allows users to earn crypto currency by posting content. We will support peer to peer video with torrentstream from the very start of the project. This allows for decentralized video content without censorship.

Personal customization built with privacy in mind. You can choose who sees your content. And everything that you wish to keep private gets encrypted on the blogging blockchain. Social media that can actually be private. In the same line of thinking, we are also adding an encrypted instant messaging feature built-in to our wallets and other apps.

All of these features will have its own blockchain in the backend. So this means we will have a torrenthash chain, a instant messaging chain, and a chain for the blogging content. This will allow for a much faster and bigger scalability than we have seen so far.

Early Investment Opportunity

We will NOT be holding an ICO, or any other form of investment round. We ARE open to private investors though. Contact us if you are interested in supporting the Dawn project financially. You can also purchase a validator key from us if you want to support our network.

Team

Jacob Gadikian
founder
Chief Technology Officer
Senior Blockchain Engineer
Twitter profile
Linkedin profile
Steemit profile
Hangouts: faddat@gmail.com

Bounties

Bounties will be rewarded when we need them. There is no point in sending us ten different pm's asking about translation bounties. We have more important stuff to do than dealing with that.

Get in contact with us if you’re interested in seriously collaborating on the project in any way. We are looking for talented and motivated people to strengthen our team.

Links:

Becoming a validator: (COMING SOON)
The website: http://dawn-project.com
White paper: http://dawn-project.com/whitepaper.html
Forum: (COMING SOON)

Contact us:

You can reach us at info@dawn-project.com or contact any of the founding members through social media or this forum.

tangkurak

Activity: 58

View Profile
November 23, 2016, 06:23:14 AM

Bounties twitter  / facebook ?  Undecided
P4ndoraBox

Activity: 711
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 23, 2016, 06:26:31 AM

Ill be up to the english to french translation. Pm for proof of work done recently.
qiwoman2
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
November 23, 2016, 06:29:36 AM

I am interested to see how this works out and for further information. Can also help with promotion for the ICO period if necessary. I will be watching this thread closely for more information as it arises.

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
thebatletbet

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 23, 2016, 06:30:21 AM

you need indonesian translation dev
iam reseve to indonesian translation
thank you
dawn_official (OP)

View Profile
November 23, 2016, 06:38:11 AM

Facebook and twitter account will be released shortly. We are waiting for our graphic designer to work her magic first.
koko UK

Activity: 330

View Profile
November 23, 2016, 06:46:59 AM

I reserve to franchise translation

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█              ◄✦►REVOLUTIONIZING WORLD TRADE◄✦►            █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
TEX COIN              ◄✦►PRE ICO SEPT 30 ─  ICO NOV 2017 ◄✦►            TEX COIN
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ◄✦► FACEBOOK TWITTER TELEGRAM WHITEPAPER ◄✦►   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
qiman

Activity: 1036
Merit: 504

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2016, 06:48:21 AM

Facebook and twitter account will be released shortly. We are waiting for our graphic designer to work her magic first.

This is great news and we will do our best here in the crypto community to support the project and help it grow. So far what you have posted looks quite impressive and I am learning slowly abut the tech in general.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████▀▀''`▀▀█████▄▄
▄███P'            `YY██▄
▄██P'                  `Y██▄
███'                      `███
███'                         ███
▄██'   ▄█████▄▄  ,▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄p   ███
▄██▀  ,████▀P▀███.`██████████P   ▀██▄
███[ ,████ __. ███.   ,▄████▀    ███
███[ ]████████████[  ▄████▀       ███
███[ `████   ,oo2 ▄████▀'       ,███
▀██▄  `████▄▄█████d███████████   ▄██▀
▀██.   `▀▀▀▀▀▀"  Y▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ,██▀
███.                        ,███
▀██▄                      ▄██▀
▀███▄_                 ,███▀
▀███▄▄_          _▄▄███▀
▀▀████▄▄ooo▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀'

TM

EZ365 is a digital ecosystem that combines
the best aspects of online gaming, cryptocurrency
trading
and blockchain education. ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

..WHITEPAPER..    ..INVESTOR PITCH..

.Telegram     Twitter   Facebook

.'M████▀▀██  ██
                      W█Ws'V██  ██▄▄███▀▀█
                     i█████m.~M████▀▀██  ███
                     d███████Ws'V██  ██████
                     ****M██████m.~███f~~__mW█
          ██▀▀▀████████=  Y██▀▀██W ,gm███████
      g█████▄▄▄██   █A~`_WW Y█  ██!,████████
   g▀▀▀███   ████▀▀`_m████i!████P W███  ██
 _███▄▄▄██▀▀▀███Af`_m███   █W ███A ]███  ██
__ ~~~▀▀▀▀▄▄▄█*f_m██████   ██i!██!i███████
Y█████▄▄▄▄__. i██▀▀▀██████████ █!,██████
 8█  █▀▀█████.!██   ██████████i! █████
 '█  █  █   █W M█▄▄▄██████   ██ !██
  !███▄▄█   ██i'██████████   ██
   Y███████████.]██████████████
   █   ███████b ███   ██████
   Y   █   █▀▀█i!██   ████
    V███   █  █W Y█████
      ~~▀███▄▄▄█['███
            ~~*██

Play

│
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │   │  ███
   ███  │  ███
   ███ ███ ███
 │  ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███  │   │
███ ███  │   │
 │   │
 │

Trade

__▄▄████▄▄
     __▄▄███████████████▄▄▄
 _▄▄█████████▀▀~`,▄████████████▄▄▄
 ~▀▀████▀▀~`,_▄▄███████████████▀▀▀
   d█~  =▀███████████████▀▀
   ]█! m▄▄ '~▀▀▀████▀▀~~ ,_▄▄
  ,W█. *████▄▄__ '  __▄▄█████
  !██P  █████████████████████
   W█. - ██████████████████▀
  i██[   ~ ▀▀█████████▀▀▀
 g███!
Y███

Learn
jwiz168

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 23, 2016, 06:55:35 AM

Hi

Please reserve Filipino translation

Thanks
dawn_official (OP)

View Profile
November 23, 2016, 07:05:17 AM

This is great news and we will do our best here in the crypto community to support the project and help it grow. So far what you have posted looks quite impressive and I am learning slowly abut the tech in general.

Thanks. We realize that we have set high goals for this project. Most of the ideas are things we were working on before, and we feel the blockchain and the cypto community in general is the perfect lauching pad for a decentralization project such as this.
faddat

Activity: 8
Merit: 5

View Profile
November 23, 2016, 07:11:34 AM

Please ask any questions that you have, because if you've got a question, it's likely that many others do as well.  To go a layer deeper into our tech stack for just a second, basically there are two components to our databases:

1) Tendermint Blockhain
2) CockroachDB used as  dist kv store

We're doing this explicitly to reduce the amount of anything stored on-chain.  Instead, to write to the CockroachDB instance underlying the chain, content must first be hashed.  That hash is then stored in the blockchain so that the content is verifiable.  

The biggest use case that I see for this stack is web applications.  Let's look at github.com/nodebb/nodebb for a second....

We can see that Nodebb supports mongodb (ick) or redis (awesome!).  So imagine that we could use the redis protocol to talk with Dawn from a nodebb front-- basically, all your states are belong to us (if you want them to.)
dawn_official (OP)

View Profile
November 23, 2016, 08:15:56 AM

We are releasing our roadmap for the coming months in the next few days.
We are aiming to have the public beta version of our social blogging platform ready by the beginning of January.

muratsink

Activity: 1330
Merit: 256

View Profile
November 23, 2016, 08:47:52 AM

more bounty please?

1xBit.com TICKET RUSH
                                       ▄██▄▄
    ▄▄▄▀▀█████▀▀▄▄▄            ▄▄    ▄███████▄
  ▄▀      ▀█▀      ▀▄        ▄█████████████████▄
 ██▌       █       ▐██      ▄████████████████▀▀██
████▄▄   ▄▄█▄▄   ▄▄████   ▄████████████████▀████
██▀   ▀▀███████▀▀   ▀██▄▄██████████████▀▀███▄▄██
█        █████        ██████████████▀██████▀▀ ▄▀
█       █     █       ███████████▀▀███▀▀▀▀▄▀▀
 █▄▄▄▄▄▀       ▀▄▄▄▄█████████████▀▀
  ▀████▄       ▄███████████████▀▀
    ▀▀▀██▄▄▄▄▄███████████████
               ████████▀▀
               ▀█▄▄▀ ▀
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
BET ON
WORLD CUP &
COLLECT TICKETS!
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
TAKE PART
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
dawn_official (OP)

View Profile
November 23, 2016, 09:01:45 AM

more bounty please?

Our bounty rewards were not in line with the effort required to complete the tasks.
We have adapted them and made it more clear what the maximum reward is.
Thanks for putting it to our attention.
BTC Community

Activity: 242

View Profile
November 23, 2016, 11:01:41 AM

nice to see the new project with special idea ,but total supply should be controled . i think.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   BTC & Blockchain  WORLD  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                    
Www.btcshuo.com  BTC News Platform in China ☜  ✠▬▬▬▬▬▬ or ▬▬▬▬▬✠ ☞  Www.heybtc.com  Blockchain News Platform
                                                                           Potential ICO/IPO Project List 
danishcookie

Activity: 127
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2016, 11:06:05 AM

No ico? Great! Seldom see the new project without ico, but premine fund will fund you, good luck.

dawn_official (OP)

View Profile
November 23, 2016, 01:30:30 PM

nice to see the new project with special idea ,but total supply should be controled . i think.

We reach a total creation rate of 10% after ten years. We try to keep it as simple as possible, in according to our project philosophy.
mrgreen88

Activity: 100
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 23, 2016, 02:42:15 PM

oh,@faddat is following me on steemit!!!) I MUST participate in this somehow!

Reserve Russian translation!
dawn_official (OP)

View Profile
November 23, 2016, 03:04:19 PM

And yes, we are very much aware of the fact that our current post is not looking as it should because of the restrictions bitcointalk puts on new accounts. We are getting our website up in the coming days which will allow for a much nicer introduction to our project.
Raxitto

Activity: 420

View Profile
November 23, 2016, 03:13:19 PM

Interesting concept...😀
I would like to reserve the Portuguese translation...
If interested pm me...
Thx and good luck for ur project
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: